Bella's Girls Day

Approximately 3 Months Later
Mommy just dropped Noah off at his friends house for a sleepover which meant that mom and I were going to be alone for the rest of the day.
"Guess what?"
"What?"
"We're gonna have a girls day."
"That's sounds fun. What are we gonna do?"
"We're going to go shopping, eat out, do our nails and talk. Isn't that nice?" I nodded. Having a brother wasn't really a bad thing but these days everything's been about Noah this, Noah that. Mommy doesn't really spend a lot of time with me because I'm not doing as much as Noah. Plus, boys can be super annoying. Most of them are.
"Sorry I haven't been spending a lot of time with you Bella. It's hard between being a cop and a mom. Especially with Noah being on the baseball team and things like that."
"It's okay mommy. I still love you." We were driving for a while and I was confused. I've never been to this part of Manhattan before.
"Mommy, where are we going?"
"To this really nice Italian restaurant. You'll love it."
"As long as I get Alfredo and mozzarella sticks I'll be okay!"
**
"How's school princess?"
"It's fun, first grade is fun. Kayla and Kylie are always doing something silly. And then Jayden comes sometimes."
"Are those your only friends?"
"No, I have a lot! But I talk to them the most."
"Do you like your ballet classes?"
"They're okay."
"I thought you said you wanted to try it."
"We're not doing the fun stuff like leaps and so. So it's kinda boring sometimes."
"You have to be patient. Like with guitar, you weren't good at it when you first started right?"
"Nope."
"Right, it's the same with ballet. Just have to work hard and be really patient." Mommy ate more veggies off her plate and pointed her fork at me.
"Just keep working hard okay?"
"Yes mommy!" To be honest I do like ballet, like my friends do it and stuff and all the tricks are super awesome but, I thought that if I did ballet mommy would pay some more attention to me. I stopped thinking and ate my chicken alfredo.
"Sweet pea, when we get home remind me that we need to talk Okay? You're not in any trouble, I just have some news for you."
"Sure mommy. What kinda news is it?"
"Amazing news." What kind of news could this be? Am I getting a treat? Are we moving again? Did my teacher give me a positive phone call home?!
"Can I get a little hint mommy?"
"Well, it has something to do with us." Mommy just smiled and didn't even explain. She was keeping a secret now huh?
"Are you having a baby?" My mom choked on her drink and started to cough a lot.
"No honey, it's not that. You'll see."
**
My Bedroom
"Can you paint my fingers blue and my toes purple?"
"Sure, now do you wanna know what news I had for you?"
"Yes please!" I looked into mommy's eyes and I could tell she was going to cry a little.
"Do you remember what happened around this time a year ago?"
"You took me from the house, and I went to the hospital. Then I stay with you for a while and then they took me to that other place. Why?" Mommy handed me a box that felt kinda heavy. I wanted to shake it but I wasn't sure if I should.
"Open it." I opened it and it had our Christmas pictures in there with some of my favorite things in there that mommy gave me. There was also earrings and a necklace there too. Mommy put them to the side and then there was a paper. I read it and I couldn't believe it.
"Do you know what adopted means sweet pea?"
"I get to stay with you forever?" I cried into mommy's shirt and remembered a conversation we had back when I was still 5.
Flashback*
"Am I going to stay with you forever?"
"Hmmm. Do you want to?"
"Yeah, cause you're nice to me. And you helped me."
"Then we'll try to get you to stay forever okay?"
Back to present day
"This is the best news ever! Am I adopted now?"
"Not yet, we have to go to a judge and they have to sign an important piece of paper saying you could stay with me forever."
"When is that mommy?"
"In a couple of weeks. That's why we went shopping today." I can't believe it! That explains why she bought me a dress today and new clothes.
"We have a party?"
"Of course." Mommy painted my pinky toe and gave me my robe. She put it on and tied it up like a bow just like hers.
"We put cucumbers on our face?" She nodded and put them over my eyes.
"This is fun! Oh no!" It feel off my eyes and we both laughed at how silly I am. Mommy set me on her lap and pressed play on the tv so we could watch princess and the frog.
"We have to watch a princess movie because you're my little princess." I gave my mommy a kiss.
"Look at Tiana and the gumbo. I wanna try it mommy!"
***
Olivia's Perspective
"This is a real girls day because of the chinese. Chinese is the best!" Bella was eating the chicken so messily but I didn't even have the heart to tell her to eat more properly. She looked adorable struggling with her chopsticks then finally giving up and using her hands.
"I'm glad you're enjoying your sesame chicken. Do you want help?" I grabbed a fork and started to scoop up some fried rice.
"Yes please." She ate happily, dancing in her seat even. I looked at the clock the read 9:30.
"Mommy can we watch one more movie after dinner? And eat ice cream? Pleaseeeeeeee? Pretty please?" She started to pout a little. Why do you have to be so cute?
"Alright. One more, then sleep time." She laughed and sat in my lap happily until I realized she stopped giggling. I put her into my bed and gave her a kiss