Liv And Bella's Night Walk

Entrance
I took off my shoes and Noah looked up.
"Hey Mom."
"Hey, how was your day?"
"Fine." Lucy came downstairs and I gave her a warm hello.
"Where's Bella?"
"She's been in her room all day because she told Noah to shut up and she didn't explain why."
"I'll talk to her about it. How about you stay for dinner Lucy?"
"Oh thanks, what are we making?"
"Making? I think we're ordering today." We all laughed and Chase kept jumping around.
"I'll go talk to Bella, and then we could figure out what to eat." I have my son a kiss and gave Chase a very thorough scratch.
"Woof!"
*************
My Bedroom (Bella's Perspective)
"I guess I'm not the only one having a bad day."
"Mommy." I said quietly. She sat down next to me and looked at me.
"Tell me what happened with you and Noah." I looked at her and then looked at the floor.
"Tell me the truth."
"I want Chase." My daughter started to pout and tear up.
"What's the matter?"
"Bella, you can talk to me about whatever it is." I let out a sigh and she thought for a moment.
"Wanna go out on a walk with me?" Mommy asked.
"A walk? Now? But it's dinner time."
"Mhm." I was so confused.
"Change into some sweats or something and put a sweater on." She watched as I took off my pants and walked over to my dresser to get a pair of sweats. I slid them on and put a sweater over my shirt.
"Why are we-"
"Don't worry about it." We walked downstairs and Mommy told Lucy that we were coming back.
"How about you guys order chinese? We'll be back before it arrives."
*********
East 79th Street
Mommy and I were just walking around, sipping our water bottles. She was looking for a place to sit and she found a nice little bench.
"Let's sit here baby." I sat next to my Mother and she put her arm around me lovingly.
"Let's talk now, okay?"
"Okay."
"I really don't want you hiding emotions from me. What's up?"
"I feel like no one understands me sometimes, not even you. Like I'll feel a certain way and you wouldn't get it." She tilted her head and listened to me. That's what I love about Mommy. She really listens to you when you speak.
"Give me an example."
"I can't."
"Why?"
"Because."
"Because what?"
"You're always saying to be understanding with Noah, right? But sometimes he really hurts my feelings. Like today."
"Explain what happened today."
"Explain what happened today." She said again sternly.
"I asked Noah if he wanted to watch a movie with Lucy and me. And he corrected me and said Lucy and I. He makes me feel stupid when he corrects me like that. I know how to say it properly but everyone says it like that."
"Remember when we talked about getting thick skin and not letting everything hurt you?"
"Yeah. But I didn't even really care about it until he kept correcting me so much that it got me annoyed."
"I'm going to talk to Noah when we get home, okay? But I also need you to get thicker skin and to ignore Noah. Understand?"
"Yes Mommy."
"Anything else you'd like to talk about?"
"When are we gonna see Alex again?"
"I don't know, she's a busy woman."
"Like you."
"Bella, can I ask you an important question?"
"Yeah, totally." I said as she put her water bottle down.
"What do you think about Mommy?"
"I think you're a very good person, and I want to be like you, but sometimes it's hard. I bet you can easily say what's making you angry, and you don't get upset when people say things to you. You're so much stronger than me."
"So you see me as a role model?" I nodded and a tear fell onto her cheek. They were happy tears. She gave me a big hug and then looked at me.
"That makes me feel really happy." She whispered.
"Me too." I whispered back.
"You're my teacher." She said while fixing my hair.
"I've learned so much from being your Mother."
"Like what?"
"Well, how to do your hair. How do deal with sassiness." I laughed with her and looked at her nails.
"And so many other things. But most importantly, you've taught me to really pay attention and listen. You've helped me to become an even better listener."
"Really?" She nodded and gave her a kiss.
"I love kisses from my Bella."
"Hehe."
"Can you do me a favor?"
"Yeah. What is it?"
"When you get ready for bed tonight can you write in our journal?"
"Sure."
"We've fell out of our little habit of writing each other back."
"It's my fault, I kept forgetting because I was playing outside a lot." We started walking home and talking about many different things.
"I'm so hungry, I want some food in my belly."
"A growing girl needs food." My stomach grumbled as she opened the front door and the scent of Chinese food hit me.
"What did you guys order?!" I asked energetically.
"Sesame chicken, General tso, ginger ale, beef fried rice and chicken wings."
"Stop drooling and put your shoes upstairs."
*********
My Bathroom
I let my hair down and blew a raspberry. My hair was really terrible today. It was all over the place and annoying the heck out of me. I took a brush and brushed it. It could barely go through.
"Oww!" The brush got stuck into my hair and I let out an angry puff of air.
"Mommy!" She came in quietly and laughed at me.
"This is a problem."
"It certainly is."
"You're just standing there laughing!" I said energetically. She pulled out the brush and took a comb. I hate combs.
"Don't hurt my head."
"I'm just giving you French braids." She parted my extremely long hair and started to braid.
"Your hair is becoming more and more difficult to handle." She mumbled. My hair was all the way down to my butt when straightened and a bit above it when it's curly. It took mom forever to braid the ends.
"Well, I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing Mother."
"Both, it shows how healthy your hair is, but it becomes harder to take care of."
"Thank you Mommy."
"Anytime."
"I'm going to go write in our note book so I need you to go in your room and watch tv. Okay?" I pushed her gently and she smiled.
"Okay, okay. You just love kicking me out don't you?" I laughed and sat on my bed. I grabbed a pencil and tapped it on my cheek. What do I write about? Hmmm, oh! I know! I ripped out the other page and started to write.
Letter To Mom
I've been feeling pretty great lately, if we just ignored today with Noah. I don't know if I want to go to school on Thursday. May I stay home? I feel kind of annoyed about going back! Other than that I think I'm almost ready to talk about what I've kept from you. I've kept it in for a little too long and you deserve to know these things because you're my mom and you're supposed to know so that you can help. I also really want to know if I'm just being weird or something. I probably am? Love you Mama! Xoxoxoxo
I closed the notebook and went into her room.
"Here, I wrote in it." She set it to the side and smiled.
"Thank you."
"Got room?" She nodded and I went into her bed and under the covers.
"Wanna watch a show with me?"
"Of course I do." We watched tv together and laughed at how funny the characters are.
"She's always doing that! She's so crazy and funny."
"She is, isn't she?" Mom questioned.