Bella's Reward

"I'm going to go meet up with the people, so I can make an offer on the house."
"Can I come?"
"You'd be bored of out your mind. Just stay home and be good for Lucy."
"Okay Mom." She slid on her jacket and I watched as I did my homework.
"Whatcha doing there?"
"Comprehension work. It's so easy." She read my short response and smiled.
"You're a very mature writer."
"Thanks Mom."
"I have a little author on my hands, don't I?" Honestly speaking, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, I love reading books so much, and then I also love science so much because it's so cool. I kind of just don't know yet. I laughed at my Mom's statement and finished up my work.
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I don't know."
"You..don't know?" She said while putting on her boots.
"Help me for a second sweet pea." I helped her put on the boot and she let out a big gasp of air.
"I don't remember the last time I wore these things, but I certainly know it didn't take this much effort."
"You're getting old Mommy."
"I really am, it reminds me that you're leaving the house in a few years for college, only a year after Noah." She gave me a kiss and put on some earrings. I followed my Mom downstairs and we all said good bye.
"Night munchkins."
"Night." When she left I went back up to my room to do something.
"Hey Lucy, can you help me?"
************
Lunch With Ms.Hinds
"You've been very good this week Bella."
"Thanks." Ms.Hinds and I are pretty close now, and she's met my Mom before, but I haven't told her some things about me.
"Wanna talk about something?"
"Yes please."
"Okay, let's go in the library." She held my hand as I thought of how to say it.
"You know how I told you, that talking about my Dad is complicated?"
"Mhm. What about him?"
"He's in jail."
"That must really-"
"I don't really have feelings for it, and my Mom well-"
"Bella, if it's hurting you, you don't need to say it."
"But I think I should."
"Okay, I'll listen."
"My real Mom did drugs. I didn't know when I was smaller, but I know now. Olivia isn't my real Mom."
"You know Bella, your Mom already told me."
"Aghh!" I laughed.
"Why did you make me do that?"
"Because it was good for your emotional health. Takes a lot of bravery. I'm really proud of your progress, and your going to therapy and getting better. Makes me happy." I smiled and she gave me a hug.
"Ms.Hinds, I was with my Mom in her room the other day and she was getting ready to go get an offer on a house,and she got sad because my brother and I are getting big. So I made her a memory book. Should I give it to her now, or Mother's Day?"
"That's up to you. I don't want to tell you and then you get upset or something."
"I guess so."
***********
Petco (Olivia's Perspective)
"Soo, I know you guys have been really good children lately and I thought that it was time for a new pet." My kids smiled wide and looked around.
"Hi, How may I help you?"
"Can we please get another dog Mom?" My kids begged and begged.
"Looks like we're looking for another dog."
"What do you have in mind?"
"A Shih Tzu." Bella said.
"Alright, the puppies are this way." My kids looked at the litter of puppies and their faces lit up.
"Noah, we should get another boy dog."
"Duh."
"That puppy." Bella insisted.
"Which one?" She pointed to the one that was attracted to her and Noah.
"Woof!"
"Is it a boy?"
"Yes it is." The Worker said.
"I like his coat, it's so soft." Noah said.
"You guys positive?"
"Yeah! This is the one." They said. We went to purchase come puppy supplies and started to head home.
"What are we naming him?" I said while looking at my daughter in the backseat.
"I don't know."
"Have a name in mind Noah?"
"I'm stuck too." He looked out the passenger window and smiled.
"Thank you again for the dog Mommy!" Bella said.
"You're very welcome." When we got home we took the dog out and he started sniffing around. He then walked over to Bella and sat in her lap.
"Mom?"
"Yes Noah."
"When can I get a phone?"
"I told you I'd think about it."
"But why?"
"Because I said so." He pouted and I went over to him.
"Trust me, you're going to thank me for this one day."
"I guess."
"We really need to name him Mommy."
************
Central Park (Bella's Perspective)
"You're such a good boy Ryan." I pet him and he jumped into my arms. He's usually a very calm dog, but he loves a good scratch. Noah scratched his ear and I smiled.
"Thanks for spending time with me Noah." He smiled and gave me a hug. Even though he was super annoying, he was still a great brother and I loved him a lot.
"What do you want for your birthday?"
"Why are you asking me now? It's the middle of October."
"To be sure."
"Well, I'm not sure yet Noah. I know what your want for Christmas though."
"What?"
"An iPhone."
"Yeah the X like Mom."
"She isn't even gonna buy you one." I laughed and he rolled his eyes. He tickled me and I tickled him back.
"You'd probably break the phone right after you get it!" I said while trying not to laugh. He tickled me again and I turned around to look at Lucy.
"Let's go guys, we need to start dinner."
"Lucy, since Noah and I are getting bigger..Can we stay out later?"
"That's something you should ask Liv,"
"But she'll say the early bird gets the worm."
"Well, there's your answer."
"Lucy, do you think I deserve a phone?"
"Really?"
"Yeah." He said.
"Welll...." I laughed as she opened the door. I knew what she was trying to say.
"You can barely even do some of your chores on time. You don't deserve it." Lucy Lernout a huge laugh and Noah's face got really red.
"I'm going to go wash up and come back down for dinner. Bye-" I ran up the steps before Noah could attack me and hopped into the shower. That was a close one.
***********
Tolache (Olivia's Perspective)
Today was Noah's day. He had me all to himself and I couldn't tell if he completely loathed it or was loving it. He looked out the window and didn't say a word.
"Babe?" He looked at me and didn't say anything.
"Noah..What's up?" He wiped away a tear and I knew something was wrong. Noah has been really adamant about this "tough boy" image that he's been having. "No sissies." He likes to say.
"What's wrong?" He showed me his hand and it was terribly black and blue.
"What happened?"
"Nothing, it just hurts."
"Noah, if something is going on, I suggest you don't try and hide it from me. Because I will find out."
"Nothing happened. Just forget I even said anything about my stupid bruise."
"Your bruise isn't stupid Noah, especially if it's because someone hurt you."
"No one hurt me!" Everyone in the restaurant stopped and looked at my son.
"Noah, please."
"I'm telling you no one hurt me. Why won't you just believe me?"
"Because, I know the signs when I see them Noah. I know that and you know that. You know very well that you can't even attempt to hide it from me because I know you that well." He let out more tears and I couldn't help but comfort him.
**********
My Room (Noah's Perspective)
"Tell me what's going on."
"I said I'm okay! Just stop!"
"You're not okay! Tell me what happened." I stared at her and she folded her arms.
"Noah..Tell me."
"If I tell you will you go away?"
"Quite rude now, aren't we?"
"My apologies."
"But, it depends."
"Okay, so I can't tell you now-"
"Noah. I won't get upset."
"You promise?"
"I do."
"I got into a fight."
"What happened?!"
"Some stuff."
"Why were you even fighting Noah?"
"Look you don't get it Mom. It was for her."
"For Morgan?" I nodded.
"Sweetheart, you're really crushing-"
"Please don't say it like that."
"You're really falling hard for this girl. Noah, you need to think with your brain not with your heart. Look at you! Come, we'll talk more about this downstairs." I was nervous but I know I had to do it. This would get her off my back, right?