Bella Celebrates

I went to go walk Tucker out and we started to have a conversation.
"Bella still isn't comfortable with me."
"I know. I just had a talk with her. She feels uncomfortable with you."
"Don't you think maybe you should be a little more stricter with Bella? The way she was, the way she responded to me, how she didn't listen to my direction instantaneously like Noah would've."
"She doesn't see you as an authority figure at the moment. She sees you as a foe.. Are you questioning my parenting skills? Because I know how to parent my two children and I do it well. You've only heard me being nice to these kids but you haven't seen me when I'm strict with them. Trust me, I'm strict enough." Bella walked down the stairs in her pjs and held my hand.
"Excuse me Mommy."
"Hm?"
"When you're done having your conversation can we do girl activities?"
"Okay, give me a couple of minutes."
"Okay, and um Good Night Mr.Tucker." She gave him a high five and went back upstairs.
"Wow- She was nice to me."
"She did that out of politeness. She doesn't like you much still. If you compare that goodbye with the way she says goodbye to Fin."
"I don't know what to do, what am I supposed to do to make Bella like me?"
"I'll ask her."
"MOMMY, NOAH JUST CHEATED IN THIS MARIO KART GAME! I'm going to sue him!"
"No you're not, I should sue you for copying my attacks." I turned around and smiled.
"I gotta go deal with these crazy kiddos. Talk later?"
"Mhm." He scratched his head and smiled.
"Love you Liv."
"Love you too." I closed the door and sighed. Bella came down smiling.
"Hi my girl."
"Let's go do girly things."
"Like what?"
"Let's make a necklace!"
"Alright, Mommy wants to have another talk with you too. Is that okay?"
"Sure, I can't wait until tomorrow." It's her birthday and I have a surprise for her! It'll make her so happy.
"Neither can I, I can't wait to celebrate." I picked up her craft kit and took it to my room.
"What colors are we doing?"
"I dunno." She took her bonnet off and it revealed her extremely long and curly brown  and slightly ash blonde hair.
"Your hair is getting so long."
"Lucy said that too." I started to make a necklace and she watched, smiling.
"Who is that for?"
"For you."
"Yay."
"Bella?"
"Yes Mommy?"
"What do you think Tucker can do to make you like him more?"
"That's a tricky question. He could maybe try to get to know me better. Like ask me what I like and try to understand some of the jokes I have with you."
"Fair, I'll tell him that okay?"
"Alright Mommy."
******
The Morning of My Birthday (Bella's Perspective)
My clock said the time was 8:55. I yawned and stretched like Mommy does when she's tired from work.
"I have to make my bed." I fixed my comforter and then put my pillows and stuffed animals on my bed. I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth, flossed, and used mouthwash. I also washed my face with water to get rid of my eye boogers. Afterwards, I went to my Mom's room. It was empty.
"Oh." I went down to Noah's room and it was empty as well. Maybe they're in the living room? I went down again to the living room and they weren't there either causing me to have to go all the way down to the kitchen. My mom and brother were there smiling, and there were several presents on the dining table along with some pancakes.
"Happy 8th Birthday!" They said.
"Thank you!" Noah gave me a hug and Mommy gave me so many kisses.
"Do you want to open your presents?!"
"Not now, because I'm really hungry!" I started eating and Mommy gave me a kiss.
"Slow down! Let me get you some apple juice."
"Can you believe that Bella is 8 Mom?"
"I can't. I really cant."
"I'm going to be 9 next year."
"Bella, let's stick with 8 for right now? Okay?" She laughed and set the juice down.
"Thank you. What are we doing today?"
"It's a surprise! I need you to get Your American girl doll all dressed up." What are we doing? Are we having a party? Are we going to be chefs?! I can't wait!
"What about me?"
"You can go to Landon's house for a little while."
"Yes, I can finally beat him at that game!"
"Bella, Mommy has an outfit ready for you. In about half an hour I want you to go shower and get dressed."
*********
Nail Salon
"Kylie, Kayla, Jana?!" I said while going to give them a hug.
"Happy birthday!" They all gave me presents and Mommy held them for me.
"Thank you! You guys are the bestest friends!"
"Girls, don't you think we should go do our nails?"
"We should, we should!" We were at a nail salon for American girl dolls and real girls.
"I wanna do mint green Mama!"
"I think we all want to do mint green." I said. My friends and I giggled as we started getting our nails done. Our dolls also got some special treatment! Mines got pink polish on her nails because that was her favorite color!
"Your nails look so pretty my love." My Mommy said. I giggled and she gave me a kiss.
"Joanne, thanks for the wonderful idea."
"Don't mention it." Jana's Mommy gave me a tickle as I went to go dry my nails.
"Bella, look at my nails!"
"They look like Madame Bensons work."
"Who's Madame Benson?"
"Me. I work in a hair salon, nail salon, and a perfume place! I'm the ultimate beauty girl." My friends and I kept playing pretend.
"I work in a fashion place. I make the big dresses that all of the girls wear!" We laughed as our Mommies came over.
"What are you girls talking about?"
"About our jobs." Kayla said.
"Is anyone here a cop?"
"No, we all do fashion jobs."
"Interesting. Any body here is a CEO?"
"Nope."
"Not even a Social worker?"
"No."
"You girls know that you can be anything in the world right?"
"We can?"
"Of course you can, you can be a cop like Me or be a boss of your own big company. You can do the same jobs that boys can do." I smiled and looked at my friends
*******
Lunch With Our Dolls
Our food came and it was super cool. Me and my friends all got chicken tenders with fries and our Moms got adult food. Salad, pasta, and some other yucky stuff. I eat chicken tenders because I love myself, I like enjoying my food. Our dolls ate food as well, my doll had chicken nuggets because she doesn't like tenders.
"Mia, you have to eat your food because it cost like a lot of money."
"I told Avery to eat her food too! She just says she doesn't like it."
"Why are all the dollies being bad?" Mrs. Ashcroft asked.
"I don't know, we need a detective to figure this out."
"Will a Lieutenant be a good enough?"
"Mommy!"
"Bella, we need a cop to help us, let your Mom help. She can ask them questions."
"See, Kayla knows what she's talking about." Then a person came with a cake that had my name on it. Everyone started saying happy birthday.
"Are you four? Are you five? Are you six? Are you seven? Are you eight?"
"I'm eight, I'm eight!"
"Happy birthday to you!"
"Make a wish love. Make a wish." I closed my eyes as thought super duper hard before I blew out the candles.
"What was your wish?"
"It's a secret this year." I gave Mommy a kiss and said thank you. I was very grateful to have such a nice birthday.
"You're welcome my love."