Bella's Biological Parents

"That's... correct." I nodded nervously. I looked at Fin and he knew what I was telling him instantaneously.
"Is it okay if I ask for a tour around. This house is absolutely beautiful."
"Of course, come along." The husband said. When María and I were alone it was quiet for a while but I finally figured out what to say.
"Why do you have someone taking pictures of Bella? Following her around, basically a P.I?"
"I've been worrying about her."
"You weren't worried about her when you were abusing her, when you basically traded her for drugs. But you worry now?"
"I was having a hard time then, I couldn't deal with having to look into her eyes every day and know-" She started to cry and then it came to me now.
"She's the product."
"Mhmm, I just couldn't stand to watch Bella and remember that night when he raped me." I got up to give her a hug and I just felt so many emotions rushing through me, and I couldn't imagine what Maria was feeling also. I need to do something about this.
******
My Living Room (Bella's Perspective)
"Lucy, is mommy coming home tonight?" I asked while taking off my shoes and sitting on the couch. I just came home from dance and guitar so I felt tired. Noah was coming home with one of his friends so it was just me and Lucy.
"She said she can't tonight."
"I don't even know why I asked. I know she can't come home even."
"You're disappointed huh?"
"I don't know. Because she's always working, so I shouldn't even be sad." I went into my bedroom to change into comfy clothes because I didn't want Lucy to see me crying. I chose some long pants and a vest, I grabbed my robe and put it on quietly.
"Bella, What snack would you like to eat muffin?"
"I don't want any snacks." I rubbed tears from my eyes and held my bunny.
"You miss mommy don't you?"
"I want her to come home! She wasn't even home on Sunday or Saturday." She fixed my robe and gave me a cuddle.
"I know muffin. She'll be home soon okay? Just not today."
"What if mommy never comes back?!"
*****
My Office (Olivia's Perspective)
I couldn't bear to watch Bella's father be interrogated. I felt sick to my stomach. I made Bella spend time with a rapist. Even though I was supervising who knows what could've happened had I left those two alone! I feel terrible that I made Bella go through that!
"Mommy!" I turned around and my kids were there with pictures in hand.
"Oh my goodness, Hi guys!" I gave Noah a hug first and then Bella.
"How was school?!"
"It was fun! I got a 100 on my test!" Noah showed me his math test and I was in awe of his work.
"This is amazing. Good job sweet boy! I told you practice makes perfect!" I'm so proud of you!
"And Bella! Come sit on mommy's lap!" She giggled and played with my hands.
"I've missed your snuggles so much! Lucy thank you so much!"
"No problem Liv."
"Mommy, when are you coming home?"
"Soon baby." I gave her a light kiss and held a conversation with my son about baseball.
"Hey Liv." Carisi said, poking his head in.
"Oh I'm sorry, I'll give you guys a minute."
"Oh no it's okay, kids mommy has to go and work. So Let's give mommy big hugs and kisses."
"Aww but I don't wanna go!" Bella said whining.
"Hey! Bella, if you go home and you behave and do your homework, I'll take you and Noah our for a treat."
"You will?"
"Mommy promises."
********
"I would never ever do anything to Maria."
"Okay, so why is she claiming that you did?!"
"I don't know, I would never ever harm her in any way shape or form. She consented that night! I swear."
"The bruises and cuts tell a really different story." I scattered the photos all over the table and he became immediately shocked.
"I didn't....do that." A moment of realization, something happened that night whether it was rape or not. Let's see how much further I can dig in.
"So if you didn't rape her what happened that night?"
"We got into an argument."
"About what?"
"About Maria's drug addiction. I couldn't have that around my kid."
"Bella wasn't born yet."
"I'm not talking about her." I looked over at Amanda trying not to show how shocked I was.
*********
Home (Bella's Perspective)
"Where's mommy! She supposed to be here for bath time. She has to wash my hair."
"She's 5 minutes away."
"That's a long time! Noah, we have to go and hide! When mommy comes we'll scare her so bad!"
"Yeah we should."
"Go, Go! She's coming soon." We hid in Noah's room and we had to stay super duper quiet.
"Hey Lucy! Where's my sweet little angels?!"
"They said they were playing some game."
"Bella?! Mommy's here, she brought you something."
"That's weird, why hasn't she come out?"
"Noah, Mommy has ice cream." I heard footsteps and they were coming closer.
"This is very interesting! Where are my little munchkins?!" Me and Noah started to giggle a little.
"I think I know where they are..." Mommy opened the door quickly and we screamed because it scared us.
"You thought I wouldn't find you?!" She picked  me up and gave us kisses.
"We wanted to scare you, but you scared us!" Lucy was standing by the door smiling.
"I was in on it."
******
The Bathroom (Olivia's Perspective)
"Stop it!" She cried.
"I'm so sorry honey. Sorry my love." I combed her ends instead before going back down to the roots.
"It's okay. Beauty hurts."
"That's true. But it isn't supposed to hurt a lot." Her hair is So tangled...My poor baby will be in pain.
"Mommy, Ow! Anyways Mommy?"
"Yes sweet pea?"
"What happened to the guy who was taking pictures?"
"Mommy talked to him." I rinsed the shampoo out of her hair and put in some conditioner.
"Why was he taking pictures?"
"I'll talk to you about that soon. Let's just try to finish washing your hair okay?"
"Yes mommy." I continued washing her hair and I changed the topic to something more lighthearted.
"Mommy are we going to Long Island?"
"I was thinking about staying in the city this weekend."
"Cool. Let's make brownies!"
"Brownies?!"
"Because I want to eat them... duh!" She put some soap on my nose and laughed.
"I'm going to make my self look like a Santa. Don't let the water go away!" She quickly put on her nightdress and then made herself into Santa.
"Ho,ho,Ho merry Christmas!"
"Christmas?! It isn't even thanksgiving yet!"
******
Courthouse Steps
It was a very emotional trial, as every trial is. I'm not saying the others weren't but it stung a little bit more because I felt a deeper connection to this case then I've ever felt before. These are my child's biological parents for gods sake. I finished talking to Stone and I saw María and her husband there looking extremely emotional.
"Thank you so much Olivia."
"No thank you."
"Jacob and I are going out for lunch. You could come."
"Oh no it's alright, I'm going to go see if I can leave early so I can spend time with the kids." She paused on the steps and asked,
"Is it okay if I meet Bella? Well, not meet her but check up on her."
"Let's take one step at a time."