Bella Goes To The Dance

February 12th
My feet felt so much better this morning and I was ready to go to school. I was really embarrassed about what happened last night and I asked Mom to forget about it for now.
"Morning!"
"Morning Bella. Feel better?"
"Yeah, it's nice to get your anger out." I grabbed some of my favorite cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and poured my milk in the bowl before adding in the cereal. Like you're supposed to.
"I wanna talk to you before I go to work."
"Kay." She sat next to me and bit her apple.
"You're going to therapy today. I want you to tell her everything that happened last night."
"Everything?"
"Yes, everything. Even the parts that you didn't feel like telling me. Speaking of that, I'm going to put it to the side because you asked me respectfully. But we need to talk eventually, understand?" I nodded and kept eating.
********
Valentine's Day (Olivia's Perspective)
It was 3:20 and I was walking towards the kids' school. I had to go pick Bella and Noah up and then take Bella to the hair salon. Bella thinks that we're just going out for dinner with Tucker today.
"Hey Mommy! I made you a card." She showed it to me and I gave her a wide smile.
"I love it!"
"Mom! I got you some chocolate." Noah added.
"Thanks sweet boy. Now come on, we need to get ready for tonight." Noah knew what I meant and grinned.
"I can't wait for dinner." I drove to the hair salon and Bella looked quite excited.
"I get to straighten my hair?! Yay!" We walked in and Bella was so happy. She smiled as her hair was being blowdried and I gave her a thumbs up.
"Woah, her hair is super long."
"It is." Before we know it she was finished and she did a hair flip playfully and put on her jacket.
"I love it Mommy!"
"That's great baby, let's go home." We went home and I smiled as Bella kept giggling.
"I can't wait to get ready for dinner!"
**********
My Bedroom (Bella's Perspective)
I had just gotten out of the shower and dried off.
"Look at this dress." I like it. It was red and silver and super fluffy.
"Let's try it on, shall we?"
"Yes please!" She helped me put it on and zipped it up.
"It looks amazing on you my love!" I smiled and Mommy gave me a kiss.
"How about we put on some lip gloss?" I nodded and she put some on me. She put a flower in my hair and she sprayed some mist on me as I spun in a circle.
"Why am I getting so dressed up for a dinner?"
"Well, it's Valentine's Day why not be the cutest 8 year old in the world?"
"Hmm." She checked her phone and smiled.
"Let's go downstairs and wait for Tucker."
"Okay!" We walked down the stairs until we got to the first floor. I was going into the kitchen and then I saw Uncle Fin right there! Now, I understood why I was dressing up so nicely. He got on his knees and my face got super red.
"May I have the highest honor, and take the most beautiful girl in the world to the Valentine's Day dance?" I started to cry.
"Yes." He gave me the little rose he was holding and gave me a hug.
"Are these happy tears?" He asked.
"Yes, Thank you Uncle."
"No problem baby." I went to go give Mommy a hug as well because it was probably her idea.
"You're very welcome sweet pea. Now go have fun!"
"Come on, let's go!"
********
Walking
"What should we do?"
"How about, we go to the dance and get food after?"
"Sounds good." I held his hand as we walked into the school. My friends were there and they all ran up to hug me.
"We thought you would never come!"
"Is that your Dad?" Jana asked.
"No, that's my Uncle." She waved at him and he waved back.
"I'm sorry your Dad couldn't come. Maybe he could come next year."
"I hope so. Where are your dads?" I asked so they could forget about it.
"They're over there."
"I'm gonna go talk to my Papa," Kayla said.
"Ok." Uncle Fin was telling me to come over and I nodded.
"My Uncle is calling me. I'll be back guys."
"I heard the slow dance is about to-" and then it literally started as soon as he started speaking. He held out his hand and we started to dance like those people on tv. It made me laugh a little, but I did that in my head.
"I'm so happy that you took me here."
"So am I princess." We danced together even after that slow dance and then walked to go to McDonald's.
"Out of all of the options, you choose McDonald's?"
"I like their chicken tenders!" I said while dipping in into BBQ sauce.
"I can see."
"Mommy tells me that I should eat prettier when I dress nice and go to fancy places, but I like eating messy."
"Careful." We both laughed and continued to talk.
"Do you like chicken tenders?"
"Always have."
"Do you like chicken tenders or chicken nuggets more?"
"Hmm, nuggets all the way."
"Nuggets?! Tenders are like way better! And they're bigger!"
"Nuggets are a classic Bella, can't beat that." I stuck out my tongue and he did his look when he didn't agree with something.
"Are you done princess?"
"Almost Uncle!" I finished my drink and gave him my fries.
"I'm full."
"Alright, put on your jacket and let's go."
**********
Bella's Bed (Olivia's Perspective)
"How was it?"
"It was fun, and we danced together." I smiled and I laid down next to her.
"Oh really?"
"It was like on Raven's home when all the girls were dancing with their dads. It made my face red and it made me laugh in my head."
"Aww."
"Then we went to McDonald's and we talked for a while before coming here."
"Sounds like you had a very eventful night."
"Eventful?"
"It means so many things happened."
"Ohhh, yeah eventful!"
"Did you learn anything from tonight?"
"Hmm, other than to eat carefully, no."
"Tonight was about you having fun but, it's also to show how a man should treat you when you get older and want to go out with people."
"I didn't know that, but I hope I get treated like the way Uncle treated me! I wanna go and have a night like that with you! And we can go and do girly things. Can we? Can we please?" She rested her head on my stomach and I smiled.
"Of course we can! I have to find the time for it, but whenever there's time I'll certainly take you out on a girls night."
"And we can paint our nails and talk about how you think Tucker is so cute?" She joked.
"Maybe not about that last part, but sure."
"How much do you like Tucker?"
"Why are you so interested in that all of a sudden?"
"Because I wanna know what it's like to like a boy." She laughed and I looked at my watch.
"Well, maybe we should save that for another day, it's getting late."
"Alright, good night!"
"Good night, I love you." I was about to leave when she stopped me.
"Wait, kisses!"
"Oh now, how could I forget?" I went back and gave her several kisses and she gave me one in return.
"Turn off the light please!" I smiled and turned it off. I closed the door silently and sat down on my couch in my room. A job well done Olivia!