Bella Goes To Florida

Sunday Afternoon
I munched on my sandwich as we waited to go on the plane. Mom told me that Florida was a warm place and that made me quite excited. I had a plan for Florida and I couldn't wait to tell Mom and Noah all about it!
"Bella, wanna save the rest?"
"Yeah Mommy! Can I get that drink?"
"What drink?" The one with the bubble things in it. Like that lady over there."
"Kung Fu Tea?" I nodded and my Mom thought about it.
"Okay, if you want. You've been really well behaved today."
"Thank you! I'm gonna order it by myself."
"Okay, I'm watching you. And bring back my change!"
"I will." I went over there and looked at the menu before ordering. That looks good. I think I'll get that one.
"Can I have a medium Oreo Wow please?"
"Of course, anything else?"
"No thank you." I stepped to the side and took a straw. The guy made my drink really quickly, faster than Starbucks.
"Here you go, have a great day!"
"You too." I walked with the change and drink in my hand back to our gate.
"Here."
"3.95? Not that bad." I put the straw in my drink and sipped it. The bubbles were really chewy and nice. I also liked the milk and the oreo pieces.
"Is it good?"
"Yeah, try some. But be careful of the bubbles." She took a sip and her eyes went wide, I'm guessing it's because of the bubbles.
"That's an interesting drink. But, I like it."
"Noah, try some of it." He took a sip and nodded.
"It's really nice. Can I get one Mom?"
"Go quickly, you guys stick together and go."
"Okay!"
************
On The Plane (Olivia's Perspective)
I had Bella to my left and Noah to my right. Noah was sleeping quietly with his headphones over his ears. Bella was holding her American girl doll and watching a movie.
"I'm really cold Mommy." I pulled up the armrest and put my arm around her.
"One more hour okay? And then we can go swim in the pool and have loads of fun. Okay?"
"Okay. Mia wants to swim also, but she can't."
"Maybe she can watch." She shrugged and fixed her doll's dress.
"She doesn't sit very ladylike sometimes." I chuckled and gave her a kiss. Bella looked up at me and I raised my eyebrow.
"What is it munchkin?"
"Nothing. I'm just bored. Let's play a game!" She said excitedly.
"What?"
"Umm, a game where we tell each other things we never told each other before!"
"How about we play that later, it'd be hard to play that here, no?"
"It would be. But I'm super bored!"
"How about you watch another show?"
"That's boring."
********
Orlando, Florida (Bella's Perspective)
We checked into our hotel which was a Disney hotel! It was so pretty.
"Walk up please." I pulled my suitcase and started walking right next her.
"Mommy, I wanna do something!"
"You gotta wait okay?"
"But I don't wanna wait!" I jumped around the hallway while holding Mia.
"You have to relax a little babe." She opened the hotel room door and I put my suitcase to the side and jumped onto one of the beds.
"Bella Danielle."
"What?!" I slid off the bed and onto the floor.
"Really? That's the last way you'd want to respond to that." Noah laughed at Mom scolding me and she gave him a look.
"Go sit in the chair, I'll talk to you when I'm ready."
"But I-"
"Don't make me speak to you twice." I sat in the chair and didn't say anything. She started hanging up clothes and I watched as she did so.
It was really boring sitting in this chair and watching people have fun outside. My mom sat down in front of me and called my name.
"Yes Mommy?"
"Track me." I looked at her and she raised her eyebrow.
"Fix your face."
"I didn't do anything."
"Okay, you're obviously not ready for this conversation. I'm not here to argue with you."
********
The Hot Tub (Olivia's Perspective)
I took the kids to the pool and Bella decided to venture off on her own the the hot tub. She was pretty upset with me and it was quite obvious.
"Bella, mind if I join you?" She didn't reply and I went in anyways.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"I wanted to be by myself, and then you came."
"I want to have a conversation with you."
"You already tried to have one with me and it didn't go well, just leave me alone." She got out and walked away.
"Girls will be girls." A woman around my age said.
"Isn't that the truth."
"How old is your daughter? 9,10?"
"Turning 9 in December."
"It always starts then, I'd know. I have 6 girls."
"6?"
"Mhm, my 5th is 10 and the moodiness is crazy. But you know what? It gets better, just go grab a chocolate bar, take a deep breath, and just hash it out. You guys will get through it, just go talk to her."
"Thank you so much, what's your name by the way?"
"Karen."
"Olivia. See you around?" She nodded and I saw Bella sitting with Noah, talking about some tv show.
"Let's go upstairs and get ready for dinner." We went upstairs and Noah went to go shower first. Bella was busy choosing herself an outfit and I watched quietly. It's been harder and harder to choose Bella's outfits these days because she wants to wear what she thinks is the prettiest and I want her to wear what's appropriate for the occasion.
"Bells, Maybe you should wear a different shirt."
"Fine." I saw her wipe her face and put the shirt away quietly.
"Bella, why the tears?"
***********
After Dinner
Bella stayed quiet and mopey throughout dinner. I tried to talk to her, Noah tried to make her laugh. Nothing worked. She'd just give us this blank stare and a pout.
"Bella, are you mad because Mom scolded you?"
"No." She laid down on the bed and I put my arm around my daughter. Noah covered put on his headphones to give us some privacy.
"Why are you so mopey? Are you upset with me?" She nodded her head and wiped her face.
"Use your words."
"Yes."
"Why? Talk to me."
"Because, when you tried to talk to me earlier you were being mean and then you wouldn't give me any privacy when we were at the pool. Then when we got back here you told me to choose a different shirt to wear."
"So what you're saying is you don't want me to talk to you at all?"
"That's not what I'm saying." She started to cry again and I sat there in confusion. I wanted to understand these tears but I was having a hard time. I didn't scold her too much, didn't I?

To be continued~