Bella's Doing Makeup

"Uncle Fin!"
"Heyy! I heard it was movie night so I thought I'd come over!" Fin gave Noah a fist bump and me a hug.
"Where's Bella?"
"She's in her room, she didn't want to talk to anyone."
"Lemme talk to her for a sec."
"Sure, if she even opens the door for you."
"Bella?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you come out for a sec?"
"Wait I'm doing something." She opened the door and was wearing her princess dress.
"Uncle Fin!"
"Your highness." He got on his knees.
"Hi Uncle Fin!" Fin looked at her sideways and smiled.
"Are you wearing make up?"
"That's first thing you look at? Don't you like my braids?"
"I do they're pretty." She stuck her tongue out and hugged him.
"What makeup? Come here." She came over quietly and played with her wand. She was guilty as charged and she knew it.
"I don't remember buying you makeup. Where did you get it from?"
"A friend. She gave me some of her princess makeup."
"What friend?" She didn't answer but instead played with her wand again.
"Bella what friend?"
"A friend." She sat on the couch while looking at me.
"Well, until you can tell me who gave you that you're staying in your room. Okay?"
"Okay." As she walked away I heard her mumble something under her breath.
"What was that missy?"
"Nothing." I shook my head.
"What was that?"
"I don't know honestly. She has her moods, but honestly who gave her that makeup?"
"She said it was a friend."
"Five year olds do makeup now?"
"Yeah it's a part of their pretend." Fin said while fingering.
"Can we just watch the movie!" Noah said with slight annoyance.
"Yes. Sorry bubbs." I pressed play and continued to watch Princess and The Frog. This would've been the perfect movie for Bells.
After the movie*
"Sweet Pea?" She turned around and dropped her dolls.
"Come eat dinner."
"I'm not hungry mommy. I just want to play dolls."
"Why aren't you hungry? I checked your bag and your lunch was still in there."
"I'm just not."
"But you need to eat sweet pea. I don't want you to starve. Come, just eat one slice of pizza and then you could go back to playing." I picked her up and took her to the kitchen where Noah and Fin were talking and eating.
"Bella did you try the slime?"
"No."
"You have to try it! It changes color when it gets warm!"
"Ok."
"Look I cut it up. Here try it." She looked at it and pushed the plate away.
"I no want."
"Bella, you have to eat. You're mother isn't going to be happy with you if you don't eat it."
"Bell, look at me." She started to cry and get upset.
"What's wrong?" I picked her up and took her back into her room.
"What's wrong sweet pea?"
"Nothing."
"If it was nothing you wouldn't be crying. Tell Mama what's been going on today. I'm here to listen."
"NOO." She started to cry even worse.
"I don't wanna! I don't wanna!"
"Maybe it's time for you to go to bed."
"I wanna go to bed." She said while whining.
"Okay let's take a bath and go to bed." I grabbed some pjs from her dresser and walked with her to the bathroom. She had a fit during the whole taking off her clothes process. First she didn't want me to look and then she wanted to not go in the bath. She was most calmest while in the bathtub playing with her toys.
"You're all calm now?" I said resting my head on my hand on my head. She nodded and smiled at me.
"Are you feeling better?"
"Yes. Bella a bit sad but Bella sorry. Bella sorry she was mean today. Bella sorry for not telling you about the princess makeup."
"I accept. But who gave you the makeup?"
"You'll get mad at me."
"Maybe. But how will you know if you don't tell me?"
"I'm scared."
"Just tell me."
"Ryan give me makeup."
"Is Ryan a boy or a girl?"
"Girl."
"Ohh. She gave it to you, but why?"
"She said it was a present. Because I did something for her."
"What did you do?"
"I was her only friend. I know you don't want me using makeup. Sorry I broke the rule."
"Hey, I don't have a problem with the princess makeup. I just need you to tell me things. And you can't take things from everyone, remember what we talked about?"
"Yes,"
"Thank you for telling me sweetheart. Now let's wash up and get ready for bed." I started cleaning her with the rag and she kept jerking around because she felt ticklish as usual. I took her out of the bathtub and dressed her and made sure her skin was lotioned.
"Say good night."
"Nigh nigh. I bed."
"Night Bells. I'll come tuck you in okay?"
"K."
"Mommy. I'm tired."
"Then let's go to sleep hmm."
"I can't sleep. It so hard!"
"Hey, no more crying okay?" I rubbed her back letting her know that she didn't need to cry.
"You don't have to cry,"
"You're not understanding!"
"Not understanding what? Is there something you didn't tell me."
"I'm confused!" She can't express her feelings.
"You're feeling a million different things huh?"
"Yes, it's making me cry."
"Well you're seeing your therapist tomorrow okay?"
****
Bella's POV
"I was feeling so many things like I was sad and angry and sad."
"What were you sad and angry about?"
"Livia. Someone at school was talking about my mommy. But I couldn't tell her. I didn't want to."
"What were they saying?"
"Something about how she's a yucky cop. And stuff."
"I'm guessing there's more."
"Mommy said I can't say bad words! Last time I said one and she made me go to bed early. And I didn't have dessert!"
"Can you write it?"
"No, mommy said I can't write it either. That's bad!" I kept making the food for us to eat.
"Can you say the first letter?"
"The F word and B word."
"Ohhh. Who called her that?"
"My classmate. His name is Robert."
"I'm going to tell your mommy. Is that okay?"
"I guess so. Let me get her."
"Okay, and come straight back." I went out to go look for my mom.
"Mommy! She wants you. You have to come."
"Oh okay, I'm coming." We walked down the hallway and I had a very serious look. This wasn't anything funny.
"What's up with you?"
"Nothing. I just serious." I said while telling her to sit.
"Is something wrong?"
"Bella just told me something interesting. Right Bella?"
"Yeah. But it's bad words."
"What's bad words sweet pea?"
"What Robert said about you was bad words! And it made me really sad! I was gonna punch him but I know you'd be disappointed if I did that. I don't like it when people say bad words about you." I started to cry again because I was still very angry.
"Awww, come here sweet pea."
"Bella, it's okay to get angry. But you know what? I'm proud that you didn't punch him. It takes a lot of strength."
"Exactly. It's okay honey. It's okay. But Robert who?"
"Robert in my class."
"Okayy, has Robert said mean things about you?" I shook my head. Lie. The voice in my head said.