Bella's Fourth Of July

July 2nd
"Let's start packing your clothes."
"When are we leaving mommy?"
"Later tonight." Mommy took some clothes from my drawer and put them in my duffel bag.
"How long we're staying?"
"Until Saturday. Now choose two pairs of jammies for me." I handed her the Ariel dress one and my top and shorts that had cookies and milk on them.
"Alright I'm just going to put some shoes in here now. And I think we're done with clothes."
"Is there more?"
"Yeah, we need the stuff for your hair, cause you're going to be in the pool a lot knowing you."
"Mommy I have a question."
"What is it?"
"Why I have to use so much stuff on my hair? Like washing it is so annoying and boring."
"To keep it healthy." I touched mommy's hair.
"What do you put in your hair mommy?"
"Just your regular shampoo and conditioner."
"Hmm. Mommy sit down at the table. I'm going to give you a makeover!"
"I'd love to but I have to go pack you and Noah's stuff. How about after okay?"
"Fine. I'm gonna play with my doll."
"You could come and help me. I don't want you all in here by yourself." She picked me up and took me into Noah's room. Noah was in there taking some clothes out.
"I see you started. Thanks Noah." She put me down on the floor as she opened up her duffel bag.
"Do you wanna learn how to fold?"
"Yes please!"
"Okay, so you take the pants and you fold it like this and then you take the pants legs and put them up here. And you have to smooth it out."
"This is kind of tricky." I said while watching my mom and brother do it.
"You're doing just fine, just smooth it out a little. Look at that it's perfect now sweet pea." I smiled and put it in the bag.
"This is fun." I folded another pair and put it in the bag.
"This is boring. Can't I just play with my trucks?"
"Noah, it's good that you learn how to fold. Because very soon you'll be packing your own things. Bella what are you doing boo boo?"
"I'm looking at the cars. Red cars."
"Aww. Noah, can you come and help me with something? Bella do you want to come?"
"I wanna give you make over."
******
"First you have put the eye shadow on! So let's put some blue on."
"Blue?!"
"Um, yeah. So your eyes look big. Trust me Madame Benson knows how to do makeup!"
"You've improved from the last time?"
"Yes! Now I do lipstick and blush!"
"Wow."
"I do hair also." I gave mommy the mirror and she smiled.
"This is very nice Madame Benson."
"Thank you. Now it's time to do your hair!" I took a little bit of mommy's hair and put it into a braid.
"You look so cute. Literally so cute Ms.Benson."
"This hair style is adorable."
"I charge 50 dollars for this whole look."
"I thought it was for free?!"
"Sorry but money's been running low." I shrugged my shoulders.
"What about one dollar?"
"It'll help." Mommy took a dollar out of her pocket and gave it to me.
"Thank you Ms.Benson." I gave her a kiss and a cuddle.
"You're welcome. Now will you let me do your hair?"
"I have to wash it?"
"Yes."
"But it hurts! I don't want to!"
"Bella, I let you do my hair and now it's time for me to do yours okay? I'll be gentle."
"Promise?"
"I promise. Now come on let's go. I want you to get your hair braided afterwards."
******
5pm
Mommy was putting stuff in the car and she needed some help so I helped her carry her bags and stuff.
"Alright, did you bring any toys?"
"I did."
"No mommy."
"Okay Bella, let's go get some toys for you and Noah did you bring your vocab book?"
"Yes."
"Bella run up super fast and grab that bag I left in your bedroom. Your doll and it's clothes are in there." I ran up to my bedroom and grabbed it.
"Got it mommy."
"Alright let me go lock the doors and then we can hit the road. Go in the car so I can lock it." Then Noah and I went in the car with my dolly and Noah was holding his robot.
"Why do you like that dolly so much?"
"Because."
"Because?"
"Because I do okay!"
"You don't have to yell."
"Stop talking to me! Making my head hurt more."
"Lalalalalalala!"
"Stop it!" I started to cry. I stopped as soon as mommy came.
"I left you guys alone for two minutes. Why are you crying Baby?"
"Because Noah. He making my head hurt more." I touched my head and it hurt.
"Noah. She just got her hair braided, and it's causing her to have a headache. You can't be loud right now. Understand?"
"Yes." He said while mumbling.
"Drink some water Bella it'll help you feel much better." Mommy started the car and we were going to Long Island finally.
"Mommy what's for dinner?"
"Does Mc donalds sounds good?"
"Yeah, but I don't want a happy meal. I want something else."
"Like what."
"The chicken tenders. Please? I'll eat it all I promise! Please, please, please?!"
"Sure sweetie."
"What about me?"
"You never made a specific request Noah." She laughed and made a turn.
*****
The Backyard Hammock (Olivia's Perspective)
"How are you my love?"
"I'm okay." I caressed my daughter and she laid her head on my chest. I wanted some quality with Bella because I only thought it was fair considering I just spent over an hour alone with her brother.
"Anything you wanna talk about?"
"Yeah, first my head isn't hurting anymore." She had jumbo lemonade braids in with some gold thread going through and her edges done.
"That's nice. Did it hurt when she was braiding it?"
"Yeah. But it always does when you get it braided."
"Okay, what did you want to tell me?"
"I'm kind of embarrassed to talk about it."
"Why?"
"Because, it sounds silly."
"I won't laugh at you. You can tell me what it is."
"I'm afraid."
"Afraid of what? Telling me?"
"No, I'm afraid of growing up."
"That isn't silly. What's troubling you?"
"It seems really scary mommy." She hugged me tightly and I felt a teardrop stain my shirt.
"What seems scary? Just tell me." My daughter sat up and rubbed her eyes.
"Does getting bigger mean that people will be mean to you and bully you? And does it mean people will hurt you again like what happened to me at the warehouse?" I thought for a minute before answering my daughters questions.
"Those kind of things can happen to people at any age. But I'll try my hardest as you're growing up to not let those things happen too much and guide you to prevent those things from happening again. Understand?" She nodded and gave me a hug. I couldn't believe that my 6 year old was actually having all of this emotions! She contains everything so well I guess it just slips by. I wonder how many days my daughter has sat down and had these thoughts in her head bubbling around. She needs to see her therapist.
"When we get back home you're going to see your therapist okay? But in the meanwhile, you should tell me the thoughts your having alright buddy."
"O-Okay m-mommy." My heart melted when she said that in the middle of tears.
"Aww, please don't cry boo boo you're gonna make me cry."