Bella's Favorite Month

"I love June mommy! I think it's the best month!" My youngest child said while eating her apple slices from her happy meal.
"What do you love best about June?"
"June is where summer starts and school ends. I get to go blow bubbles outside and then you spend more time with us, and then remember you said we're going to Long Island?"
"I see. You can't wait to spend more time with me huh?"
"Yeah mommy." She offered me some fries with a smile.
"Oh no it's okay my love. Mommy's on a diet."
"What's that?"
"When you don't eat some types of food. Like junk food for example."
"I wish you weren't on a diet. Fries are really yummy." She dipped them in the BBQ sauce and ate them like a princess as she would say.
"I know. I kinda miss them!"
"Mommy, How come Noah couldn't come to Mac Donald's with us?"
"Remember what he did to you yesterday?" She nodded and looked at her arm that was slightly black and blue.
"Did he mean to do it mommy?"
"I'm not sure my sweet pea. I'm sorry that even happened."
"It's okay." She looked up at me as if to show how serious she was. Then I realized something different.
"Your eyes are more green than usual. I just noticed."
"I think my eyes change like the months do. It's weird." She laughed to herself and then finished her meal.
"You ready to go?"
"Yes! I can't wait to go do girls stuff with you. I love it when we do girls stuff!"
****
At the Nail Salon
"That's darling!" My mommy said when she saw my nails. My nails had a letter b on it for Bella on my ring finger and then on my other hand there was a kitty cat on it! I really liked it.
"I'm almost done. When I'm done we're gonna go home okay? I want Lucy to have the rest of the day to herself."
"Sure!" I sat down in the chair and waited for my mommy to be done with her nails. We were getting matching nails! I played on mommy's phone for a while because I was a bit bored.
"Look Bella!" Mommy walked over to me and showed me her hands, she had a letter O on her ring finger and a kitty cat just like mines.
"I love it!" Mommy and I giggled all the way to the car.
"Mommy can we get a pet?"
"I'm not sure."
"Why?"
"Because you guys will barely be home enough to play with it. And pets are a lot of work."
"What about when we're bigger?"
"That seems great."
"I wish I could have a pet right now though." I looked out the window at the cars we passed. Mommy was talking about something but I wasn't really paying attention. I kept thinking about having a puppy.
"My love?"
"Oh, sorry."
"What were you thinking so hard about?"
"A puppy. One that looks like Frannie."
*******
June 19th (Olivia's Perspective)
There was a knock on the door and it confused me. I'm not expecting anyone. My gut instinct told me to put my gun in front of me but my 6 and 7 year old children were sleeping nearby, or more like they should be sleeping. God forbid one of my children sees me with a gun, hell, shooting it even. I opened the door quietly to see Fin there.
"Gosh darn-it Fin!" I whispered.
"Sorry Liv, I know it's a bit late. Well, late for you, but I wanted to check in with ya. Are ya alright?"
"I'm fine Fin." I moved Bella's painting to the coffee table so we could both sit down.
"No you're not. I can see the worry in your eyes. What's going on?"
"It's the kids."
"What about them? Is Bella having a hard time again?"
"No, she's been doing amazing it's-"
"Mommy, mommy?" Bella was rubbing her eyes.
"Good Night Bell."
"Night."
"What's wrong honey?" She sat on my lap tiredly.
"Bad dream."
"Ohh, you're okay Bella bear. Hey Bella can you do mommy a big favor and wait in your room. Uncle fin and I will come to tell you good night soon."
"You talking about adult things?"
"Yeah."
"Okay." She walked off to her room quietly.
"As I was saying, I have different worries for the both of them. Noah's been very different. Bella's been fine, but I've been having these dreams lately. Something about her biological father."
"What's been up with Noah?"
"Just really stubborn. He hits and pinches his sister. It's a real surprise."
"He's usually really sweet."
"I know. The other day he pushed Bella against the wall, she has a bruise now. I'm just glad that no teachers have accused me of anything. I've tried the time outs, and I've tried taking things away but it isn't helping."
"Have you tried talking to him?"
"Believe me I've tried."
"You didn't get anywhere did you?"
"Nope not at all."
"And what about the dreams with Bella?"
"I saw her father trying to come back into her life. She was so upset in my dream. It hurt my heart badly when I woke up."
"Do you have any info on Bella's father?!"
"No, I've talked to Bella about her father once and she said she's never met him. And I can't find anything on him. I don't think he's in the system."
"What if Bella's father were to just magically appear?"
"I don't know what I'd do."
*******
Therapy (June 21)
"How was your week Bella?"
"It was okay. Could've been better."
"How?"
"I didn't go to gym or ballet class because I didn't feel good." I blew my nose and then put the tissue in the garbage.
"Sick huh?"
"Yeah. You know, I wish mommy was home the other day." I rolled the play dough down and the cut it up like a little pizza.
"Why?"
"Because I wanted to talk to her about something."
"Talk to her about what?"
"Something private."
"Is it something good or bad?"
"I don't wanna say. Can you just tell my mommy that I want to talk to her? Please?"
"I will. Are you sure you don't want to talk to me about it?"
"Yeah, I'd rather tell my mommy."
"Is there anything else?"
"I don't think so."
"Can we just make pizzas?"
"Sure."