Olivia's Big Mistake

New Years Eve
I was still in trouble but Mommy said that because I was okay that day I could stay up until 10:30. Everyone else got to stay up until midnight. I walked up to my room silently without saying goodnight to anyone. It's not like they cared anyways. Or at least that's how I thought it was.
"Bella, no goodnight?" Someone said.
"No." I kept walking up to my room and changed into my nightdress quietly. My Mom came in and sat down on the bed.
"You're upset with yourself now huh?" I nodded and went under the covers.
"You don't even love me." I said as she was leaving the room. She turned quickly and paused.
"What are you saying?"
"You don't love me." Tears ran down my face and I turned away from my mother.
"Bella," I closed my eyes and another tear fell out.
"We'll talk in the morning then." I continued to cry sadly as she got up.
"Good night Bella. I love you." I cried harder when she said that and pulled the covers up.
"Bella, I really do love you." She stayed for a minute before walking away, sighing. I tried hard to go to sleep but all the noise from downstairs made it harder. I heard a small knock on my door and closed my eyes quickly.
"Bella?" I heard Amanda say, she said it in her concerned voice which meant that my mother told her what I said.
"I know you're awake." I opened my eyes and she sat down on my bed.
"Why did you say that? Did Liv do something?"
"I don't want to talk,"
"Why?"
"Because I'm sad." I started to cry again and I pulled the covers over my head. I don't know why everyone wanted to worry now. Can't they just all go away and mind their own beeswax?
*********
New Years Day
I woke up and didn't go to my mothers room. I went down to the living room and took the tv before Noah did. I sat very unladylike. I was sitting as if I was wearing pants when I was wearing a dress. Mommy came down a while later in the middle of my good Spongebob episode.
"Happy New-" she paused and looked me in eye and I looked back at my tv. She turned it off and put her hands on her hips.
"Isn't there something wrong here?" I looked around and shrugged.
"No." She raised her eyebrows and had a shocked reaction. I stayed the way I was sitting and we stared at each other for a very long time.
"Don't you think you should close your legs?" I didn't reply and turned the tv back on.
"Bella, I'm speaking to you." She turned off the tv and took the remote.
"I don't know why you're treating me like this, but keep it up and you're only going to get in bigger trouble. If you talk to me, we could fix this." I got up and went to the kitchen to grab another glass of water.
"Bella, please just talk to me." I threw the glass to the floor and went up to my room.
"Bella!" The glass didn't break as it was plastic, but I know it made her mad anyways.
"Danielle! Come back down here." I walked over to my bedroom and cried on my beanbag.
"I'm not even going down there." I said to myself. I heard footsteps and I knew it was her. I heard my door open and I knew she was standing there watching.
"I need you to come down and clean up the mess you made."
"I know you're upset and you're angry, still don't know why, but that doesn't mean you throw your cup on the floor. You're eight years old Bella, you can't be doing this anymore. You're a big girl now." I got up and started to walk towards the door.
"Why are you giving me this hateful look?"
"Stop acting as if you don't know!" Chase growled and I calmed him down. I picked him up and took him downstairs with me.
"When you're done cleaning up your mess, come to my room." I cleaned up my mess and gave Chase his food.
"Good boy Chasey." I walked back up to my mothers room. Not like I wanted to go there, but I knew that if I didn't she'd just keep bothering me.
"Sit." I sat at the end of the bed.
"Come closer."
"No."
********
My Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"No." I was shocked by Bella's recent behavior. But I knew that I had to be tougher with her, whether my heart liked it or not. She's getting older, it's no longer the little tantrums that I have to deal with. It's attitude, talking back, those random moments of unexplainable aggression. She has to know that I'm an authority figure who won't accept that in any way, shape or form.
"Bella, do you want to explain yourself? Explain why you're being so rude to me. I'll sit here and listen."
"You already know."
"I don't actually."
"You don't even remember what you said?!"
Flashback
"I'm getting sick and tired of you- Bella!" She stopped and turned away.
"Sorry about that, mhm. I don't understand it either."
"Maybe you should send her to one of those facilities, maybe she can receive help?"
"Send her away? No, it isn't there yet. Bella." I hung up angrily and set my phone down.
********
"If you don't cut this out I will make sure that you stay in that room of yours!"
End of Flashback*
"Bella, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said some of the things I said, even if it was to scare you out of behaving that way. I'm very sorry. When I said that I was sick of you I didn't mean that I hated you. I was trying to say that I was sick of your behavior. I got cutoff." I attempted to give her a hug and she pushed me away, tears running down her face.
"You do hate me. You do, you do! You said it yourself. You said it when you were angry, and you said a lot of mean things! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT AND NOT EVEN REMEMBER OR SAY SORRY?! YOU'RE THE WORST!" Those last three words stung, stung to the point where a tear fell out of my eye. Now, I never let my daughter see me cry. She sees her Mommy as a strong warrior, little does she know that just like her I see a therapist. I have problems slightly similar to hers. Another tear fell out and she sat there watching.
"I'm- I'm sorry." Her violence that seemed so much like her biological father's disappeared and my sweet daughter reappeared.
"I said I'm sorry Mommy. I didn't mean it. I was just angry." She started to cry and she shook me worriedly.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have acted like that." She gave me a hug and I put my arms around her to know that I accepted her apology.
"I'm sorry too."