Bella And The Big 1-0

December 14th (Long Island)
I don't know how to feel. I'm gonna be ten tomorrow. This is going to be my 5th birthday with Olivia!
"Come here Ryan boy!"
"Woof!"
"You good boy. Give me a kiss."
"Woof!" He licked me and I giggled. I loved my new puppy so much!
"Hey you! It's time for bed."
"Okay Mom." I went under the covers and held my dog. My Mom sat next to me and watched as I played with Ryan.
"Why are you crying?" I asked. She gave me a hug and I was so confused.
"You're getting so big and, I'm so proud of you." She gave me a kiss on the forehead and Ryan farted.
"Ryan! It smells like eggs!" I covered my face with a pillow and my mom was dying. I can't believe my puppy wants to kill me the day before my birthday.
**************
December 15  10:08 AM
I sat in my bed for a while before getting up. I'm 10. It feels good, but weird. I looked into the mirror to see if I'd look any different.
"Same old Bella." I whispered. I went into my Mommy's room and she smiled.
"Happy birthday!" She gave me a hug and a kiss and it made me feel happy.
"Thanks Mom."
"What do you wanna do for breakfast?"
"Go to iHop."
"Alright honey." I sat on the bed with her and turned on the tv.
"Hey Noah!"
"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Bella. Muah! Muah!" Happy birthday to you!" He gave me two kisses and I rolled my eyes.
"Thank you annoying brother." He handed me a gift and I smiled.
"Open it."
"Thanks for the crafts! I love you!" I gave him a hug and my mom took a picture of us.
"Mommy...."
"Sorry, I couldn't help it honey." I laughed and she ruffled my hair.
"I'm going to go put these away so we could go outside!"
*********
IHOP (Olivia's Perspective)
My daughter looked at the menu and smiled.
"Found what you wanted?"
"Yeah. The Oreo pancakes."
"You and Oreos, why am I not surprised?" She happily closed the menu and looked out the window.
"What are we doing today Mommy?"
"I don't know. What are we doing today?" This year I told Bella we couldn't have a party for certain reasons. It disappointed her, but she was extremely mature about the whole thing. Little did she know-
"Mom, what are you ordering?"
"Maybe an omelette."
"Stop with the omelettes! You're too healthy!"
"Alright, I'll get a breakfast sampler."
"Noah, you should eat off the kids menu! They have applesauce!"
"If it wasn't your birthday-"
"If it wasn't my birthday what?!" She asked.
"Okay Miss sassy. You know what, how about you go use the bathroom?"
"Why?"
"Just because."
"I'm watching you! Just know that." She left quietly and I sighed.
"Okay finally, we need to go home and change for the surprise. Because there's a certain theme."
"What's the theme?"
"You'll see."
"She woke up quite late today, we can't even take her-"
"What are you guys talking about?" Bella asked suspiciously.
"Nothing sweetheart."
"Suree..." She ate her food and looked at me.
"After this we gotta go home."
"Manhattan?" I nodded and she made a face.
"Why? I thought you said we were gonna stay here all weekend."
"Something came up love."
"I hope it isn't work." She said with a smile.
"Because if it is, I'm going to hold you accountable for not being there for you're daughter turning 10." She's getting more sassy already?! Lord help me..because we all know I'm gonna need it.
"When did you start using the work accountable?"
"When Ms.Hinds said it to me." She finished her plate and looked at me.
"Let's go. The princess has finished eating." We both laughed and she folded her arms.
"No one laughs at the princess. It's considered very rude! I will behead all of you peasants."
"Okay your highness, our apologies." I gave her a kiss and she giggled a bit. Sassy girl.
*********
Mommy's Bathroom (Bella's Perspective)
I was wearing a blue sparkly dress and silver sparkly shoes. I like this outfit, it feels a bit grown up. I don't really know why. Mommy was putting my hair into two big buns and I watched as she put two sparkly bows in my hair.
"Thanks Mommy."
"Stay right there sweetheart." I watched as she went into her jewelry box and she came back with some stuff.
"This is something I've been saving for you since you were a little girl." She put a necklace around my neck, it had a blue heart and a charm with a Mom and a little girl holding hands.
"This necklace represents how much Mommy loves you. Whenever you wear this necklace it'll remind you that I love and I always will love you. You can wear it everyday, or whenever you feel homesick. Okay?"
"Mhm." I gave her a hug and she smiled happily. She put the earrings in my ear and I felt like a fashionista.
"This is to go with your outfit. You look gorgeous."
"Thank you Mommy."
"You're welcome. Go tell Noah I'm ready to go."
"Where are we even going?"
"Out...go tell Noah we're leaving." I went to Noah's room and he was looking in the mirror.
"We're leaving soon." He put some candy in his mouth and I looked at him.
"Want some?"
"Yes, give me." I took it from him and ate it.
"Where are we going?"
"I can't tell you."
"Why?"
"Because I can't."
"Why can't you?"
"Because?"
"What?"
"Just because.."
"I hate you, stop playing games with me! It's a serious question!" He laughed as I went downstairs.
"Just wait until it's your birthday!"
***********
In The Car
"Why did you guys blind fold me? Why can't I look out the window?" It was quiet and I folded my arms again.
"Why are you guys ignoring me? I'm asking a question!" It was literally so boring only being able to see black and nothing else. I still didn't know what was going on and I really wanted to know.
"Okay, Bella we're here. I have to do a favor for your Uncle so I want you to help."
"I got dressed up to carry boxes?!"
"We're going for dinner afterwards."
"I don't get it." We went into some big room and she took the blindfold off.
"It's dark Mom." She flickered on the lights and I just heard a loud scream.
"SURPRISE!" The room was colored in blue and silver. There was a line of balloons that said, 'Bella's Blue Party'. I gave my Mom a big hug and I laughed.
"You're surprised aren't you?"
"Yeah! I didn't even know." I went over to my friends and I talked to them.
"You look so nice Bella!"
"Thanks P."
"We should go take photos at the photo booth. The line is starting to get really long."
"Yeah, and I'm sure you can skip because you're the birthday girl."
"Okay guys, we should let the birthday girl go first? Isn't that right?" My friends and I went to the front and we took pictures.
"Jeebuz Jayden. What happened?!"
"I didn't know where to look! Kill me!"
"It's okay. I love the picture." Jayden has been much happier. I feel happy when I see him happy.
"Let's go to the snack table, it looks amazing." Penelope said. Literally everything in this party was blue...NO JOKE! I love it. Bella, Blue. Blue, Bella. Makes me sound important.
"Bella?"
"Hey Ms.Hinds."
"Hey sweetheart, how are you?!!"
"I'm good."
"Happy birthday honey."
"Thank you. I'm gonna go with my friends now."
"Alright, have fun love." I took a lot of blue snacks because they all looked really yummy.
"This lollipop is so good."
"Omg the cupcakes from that nice bakery." But only this time it had blue icing. I ate one at a table and my friends started to speak.
"You know I can't wait till we go to middle school next year."
"Why?"
"Because were gonna be so cool."
"Or, do you mean fresh meat for the 8th graders?"
"What?!"
"You haven't heard?" Kayla said seriously.
"What?"
"I heard that the eighth graders poured a bucket of water on Trevor Guterres' head on his first day of middle school."
"I thought that was a joke."
"No, Justin was in the deans office."
"Justin who?"
"Justin Hartford."
"He's so annoying." I said.
"Really? I like him. What happened between you two?" Kayla said.
"Kylie remember what happened?"
"Totally, we were just drinking some water and talking and her just sprayed us down with Mountain dew."
"I had to wash my hair! It was so gross and nasty. I hated it."
"Sheesh."
"Bella bear." Aunty Amanda came over to our table and smiled.
"Guys, this is my Aunty Amanda. Aunty, this is Kayla, Kylie, Jayden, Paisley, Penelope, and Axel."
"Nice to meet you guys, you guys look so adorable in blue."
"Nice to meet you too." They said.
"Bella, did you see all of your presents?" I turned around and there was quite a bit.
"Woah...that's why I didn't get any presents this morning." There was like 20 something over there, and a ton of cards. I'm going to be rich after this party.
"Let's go to the memory book stand." My friends told me bye as they went to go write their favorite memories of me.
"Hey sweetheart."
"Hi Mom."
"Are you having fun?"
"Lots Of fun, the activities are nice and stuff. The food is cool, but those pictures on the slideshow are so embarrassing!" She chuckled and put her arms around me.
"Happy birthday my love."
**********
Bella's Blue Party (Olivia's Perspective)
I picked up the mic and started to speak:
"Testing, 1,2,1,2. Cake and soda is starting soon, I know this is the part that everyone is waiting for. Including the shoot dance. We'll get to that. Cue the music!" I started shooting and everyone laughed and smiled.
"You're not cool Mom!" Bella yelled with a laugh.
"Yeah right, but anyways Bella and I have something we want to say to all of you. Come up here birthday girl." She walked up the stage and people clapped.
"My Mom and I just want to thank you all for coming, because you didn't have to."
"Anytime munchkin!" Fin yelled.
"Alright, let's get to the cake now..shall we?" Bells got off the stage happily and then there was a drumroll. Her cake came out and she clapped too. Everyone sang happily and I couldn't help but cry. She was growing up, and I know I say this all of the time but, she really is this time around. Double digits, middle school, crushes, "growing up", was going to start, and probably hit us all with a ton of force, like a maxi truck...... I've been saying that for a while now..but something tells me that with her tenth birthday, things will be really different. I could sense it.
"Happy birthday to you! Make a wish honey!" She closed her eyes for a brief moment and then blew the cake ferociously.
"Can we eat the cake now?! It looks really good." Bella commented. Everyone in the vicinity laughed and I started cutting the cake with the other moms.
"Bella's a big girl now, look at her over there talking with everyone." Joanne said.
"I know, I know." I paused and watched as my daughter played around with her friends. Joking around poking each other. She waved at me and gave me a huge smile. I wish the clock would slow down....

A/N: This chapter is was longer than usual, but I thought it was necessary considering I'd need time to write the next few chapters..Enjoy!