Elijah Things

The Arcade (Bella's Perspective)
I wasn't sure what I should play. All I knew was that I was super bored. I walked around, looking for something to do.
"Bella?" I turned around and I was surprised.
"Elijah?"
"Hi." His face got red and I laughed.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm okay. You don't come back last year. What happened?"
"Things."
"Sister!" Leia stopped and cuddled me.
"Who that?"
"My friend. He's nice. I promise."
"Hi Elijah." She whispered.
"Hi." She ran off and I smiled.
"How's life?"
"Fine, I guess." He kept staring at me and it was making me feel weird.
"Bella?"
"Yeah?"
"Did you miss me?"
"A little."
"Sister, wanna go back to the room."
"In a bit baby Lei."
"I'll let you guys go."
"See you later...."
"Totally."
"Bella, who is that boy?"
"Someone."
"Your friend?"
"I guess." She batted her eyelashes and then asked to be picked up.
"Hey Mommy." I said.
"Hey, you guys had fun?" Leia ran to Mom and she gave her loads of tickles.
"Yes and Bella talked to a boy."
"Bella did?"
"She talk to Elijah." She said while laying down on top of Mom.
"I hear you."
"Mommy, I'm hungry I want dinner." Leia started to whine.
"In a bit."
"But I want to eat, I'm hungry."
"How about a snack?"
"Yes granola! I have to go potty!" She ran off into the bathroom and Mom laughed.
************
Hotel Dinners (Olivia's Perspective)
When Leia told me Bella was talking to Elijah it made me curious. Considering what happened last time. He "kissed" her hand meaning something was happening. I don't want to assume anything, but I'm assuming there's some sort of complicated relationship going on. And trust and believe, I will figure it out.
"Leia, you've got ice cream all over your face."
"She's doing her ice cream facial Mom." Bella joked.
"It makes your skin beautiful Mommy." Bella ate her cheesecake gracefully and gave me a smile.
"Mom, can we have more dessert?"
"Well, we are at a buffet aren't we? Live it up without going overboard."
"Mommy, I have to pee pee." Leia blurted out.
"I'll take her Mom, don't worry about it." Bella took little Lei to the bathroom and I smiled.
"You guys are so sweet with Lei."
"Because She's so adorable Mom."
"You know what, Noah while it's just the two of us, what happened with you and Morgan?" His face got red and he didn't know what to say.
"Mom it's just private."
"Private...okay." Bella came back with Lei and applied some lip gloss.
"Can I go to the arcade?"
"Well sure, go ahead." She skipped away and I sighed.
"She going to see Elijah!" Leia said while squirming in my lap.
"Even the three year old knows!" Noah and I laughed and Leia joined in.
"Mommy, I want more food. I'm hungry."
"I think Leia's growing or something, she's always hungry. Is there a snake in your belly?"
"Yes! A big red snake!"
**********
The Pool Area (Bella's Perspective)
I'm not really sure how to feel about Elijah. I mean I obviously don't like him, (in that way at least), but I certainly don't hate him. It's this weird I like you as a friend while the other like likes you kinda thing. I don't have experience with this. I don't even care for guys right now.
"You really came?"
"Why not. You're my friend." I emphasized the friend part on purpose. He chuckled and I sipped a smoothie.
"So how's New York?"
"Fine, same old same old."
"What do you New Yorkers do?"
"Well the activities you can do depend on where you live I guess, I live on the Upper East Side."
"Isn't that a super rich area?"
"I guess so."
"You said you weren't rich."
"I'm not."
"So what are you?"
"Regular. Why are we talking about money anyways. Let's talk about something else."
"Okay."
"Do you like Hawaii?"
"It's okay.." The sun started to set and I knew it was time to go inside but he's my only kinda friend here.
"What? That's so gross why would you do that?!"
"50 dollars is 50 man." I giggled and then it started getting super dark.
"Well that was cool. I'll see you later? We're going to a water park tomorrow:"
"Cool. Night Bella."
"Night Eli." I went back to the hotel and up to our room on the 5th floor. I hope Mom won't be mad with me coming back late. I put in the keycard and went into our room.
"Bella! You're back!"
"Hey Lei." My Mom has her arms folded and she looked at me.
"It's very late young lady. What were you doing?"
"Just talking."
"Just talking?"
"Yeah." I sat down and my Mom nodded.
"Ma, I want baby hold."
"Okay, come baby Lei." I said. She likes to be treated like a baby and it's so cute.
"Bella we are not done speaking. Put Leia down and come over here." I walked over and Noah put down his phone. She shut the second bedroom door and told me to sit.
"So you really spent all that time talking?"
"Pretty much."
"Bell, do you like Elijah?"
"Mom, absolutely not. I told you what happened last time and how it made me feel weird. I'm only his friend. Nothing else. All you do is sit over here and put me together with boys every time I talk to them. Just leave me alone." I got up and slammed the door. I didn't feel bad either.
"Where are you going Ma?"
"Don't worry about it."
***************
The Buffet (Olivia's Perspective)
"She has to be over here." I whispered to myself. I saw Bella indulging in a plate of food with, (guess who) Elijah.
"Bella Danielle Frazier Benson. Get your butt up right this instant."
"No, you can't tell me what to do anymore." She got up and made a mad dash for the pool area. I was immensely shocked at my 10 year olds behavior.
"Bella, get over here." She ran towards the rooms and I shook my head. I was going to lose it. She was acting like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum. I had to relax before going into our hotel room and talk to her.
"I can't get too angry. I cannot get too angry." When I finally got to our room Bella was in the bedroom.
"Bella, we need to talk. Right now."
"No."
"I'm not arguing with a 10 year old who thinks she could get up and run away whenever she wants. What you did was extremely unacceptable and unsafe."
"Mommy don't be mad to Bella!" Lei said.
"Please Mommy don't be mad to her."
"Lei go get your jammies on."
"Bella, look at me. I'm sorry."
"For what now?"
"I'm sorry for assuming that something was going on between the two of you. That wasn't right. The correct thing to do was to ask you and talk to you about it."
"Well thanks. But I can't really get mad at you. That's what Moms do. Right?"
"Yes because usually we can tell when our kid is having a crush. But I was wrong. I'm sorry babe. But it doesn't make what you did any better. You know better than to run away, anything could've happened to you and I would've never forgiven myself!"
"I'm sorry."
"I'm sorry doesn't even begin to make up for that."
"Mommy, I need a cuddle! Mommy!" Leia came over and cried.
"We'll talk later."
**********
The Pool (Leia's Perspective)
"Mommy?"
"Yes?"
"Why is it so hot?"
"I don't know pumpkin."
"Mom, this is boring." My sister said.
"The pool is too boring?"
"Standing here is boring!" I looked at Mommy and she laughed.
"Go In then, I just need to get Leia ready."
"Mommy, for my birthday can we go somewhere?"
"Where do you want to go Lei?"
"A castle."
"I'll try to find you a castle."
"Mommy, let's swim."
"Okay let's go." We went into the water and it was nice.
"Noah, no splashing! It's not nice!" I said.
"Who cares?" He said.
"Mommy tell him to stop it! I want to relax."
"Noah, Stop." He swam away and I looked around.
"Where's Bella?"
"Reading a comic."
"I want her to come and swim."
"You can ask her. But if she says no you can't get upset, okay?"
"Yes Mommy."
"Bella, Lei wants you to come in the pool."
"In a couple of minutes Mom. Finishing this comic."
"Yay!" I paddled like Mommy showed me and she gave me a kiss.
"Mommy, this is fun."
"It is huh? Pumpkin, Bella's coming."
"Hey Lei."
"Sister! Come!" She got in and I gave her a hug.
"Play with me!"
"Okay what do you want to play?"
"Paddy cake!"
"Alright come on." We played and I felt really happy.
"Mommy I love my sister."
"I can tell baby."
"I love my family."
"Love you too." She said.
"And we always love each other Mommy!"