Bella Learns About Changes

"Mommy?"
"Hm?" I turned around to see an upset Bella.
"Please, I don't wanna sleep alone tonight. I just had a nightmare." I opened my arms as she started to cry.
"I don't wanna be alone!"
"What happened?!" She kept crying and I kept caressing her. She didn't answer, so I let her calm down.
"I don't wanna talk about it!"
"Alright, we don't have to." I fixed her nightdress and looked at the time on my watch.
"Baby, it's really late." It was after 11. She looked out the window and frowned.
"How about we read a book together?"
"That sounds babyish."
************
Long Island (Bella's Perspective)
"Mommy!"
"Yes Bella?"
"Can we watch a show?" I asked as she made rice crispy treats.
"As soon as I'm done here. A little help would be amazing." I helped her finish quickly and I went into the cabinet to grab some snacks.
"I'm going in the basement!"
"Alright honey. I'll be down in a minute." I looked for a show to watch but they all seemed boring so I decided that a movie would be better.
"Mommy, I chose the beauty and the beast! But the real one with real people."
"Alright, let's watch it." We watched the movie for about an hour. Then Mommy paused it and looked at me.
"What do you want to talk about?" I asked. She smiled and told me to come upstairs with her.
"Mommy, why are we up here?" She went into her jewelry box and I got more and more confused.
"You just keep smiling! I'm getting a bit concerned for you. You have a smiling issue." I laughed as she sat down on the bed.
********
My Room (Olivia's Perspective)
My daughter and I kept laughing as I was trying to figure out how to start this conversation.
"Why are we just laughing Mommy?" She asked as I tilted my head.
"I honestly don't know. But, Mommy wants to have a little chat with you."
"Cool!" I held her hands and played with them a little before speaking.
"I'm going to talk to you about something, and I want you to know that you can feel free to come and ask me any questions or talk about anything relating to it, because I don't want you to feel embarrassed about it or be confused. Understand?"
"Yes." She nodded and I asked her to come closer. She grabbed one of the smaller pillows and looked up at me.
"How old are you my love?"
"8 and 1 month!"
"That's right! Around this time little girls start to grow and change."
"Like grow taller?"
"Yes, there are also some other bodily changes." She scrunched up her face in confusion. I laughed and sighed.
"Let me explain. Have you noticed anything different about yourself?" She thought and shook her head.
"Well, very soon you're going to start developing some boobs of your own." She laughed and put her head on the pillow.
"What's so funny missy?"
"That'd be so weird." I smiled and she spoke again.
"How will you know that they're growing?"
"When you lay down on your tummy and you feel a little pain on your chest." She laid flat on her stomach and I watched to see what'd she'd say.
"No pain."
"I'm going to tell you something else that comes with that."
"What is it?"
"You get a bit smelly and you start to grow hair."
"First, ew! That's gross, I don't wanna smell like fifth grader, and second, my hair is gonna be super long?!" My daughters' confusion made me die of laughter.
"As long as you wash your body everyday we won't have that problem. You have to start showering twice a day soon."
"Okay, I love showers!"
"About the hair, It isn't going to grow on your head."
"Aww shucks. Wait, so it grows on your legs huh?!"
"Yes and some other places."
"There's this girl that has so much hair on her legs. Made me scared. Where else?"
"Guess."
"Under your arms and down there. That's what I heard. That sounds really icky, why does that happen?"
"So that when you get older and want to have a baby of your own, your body will be fully ready. Okay love?"
"Okay."
"There's still more to talk about but we're going to wait until you're older for those ones. Do me a favor and keep our conversation just between you and me. I want the parents of other girls to have a chance to talk with them about it."
"Alright." We shared a hug and I gave my daughter a kiss.
"You're getting so big. Do you have any more questions?"
"Not right now."
"Alright, do you understand what we talked about?"
"Yes. Can we go watch our movie now?"
"Of course, lets go."
*********
My Long Island Room (Bella's Perspective)
I was in my bed thinking about the conversation Mommy and I had today. It made me think about how these changes are kinda important.
"But what if I don't want to have any babies? Why do I still have to go through it?" I asked myself. Mommy said I could talk to her about it anytime but I wanted to think about it.
"This doesn't make a whole lot of sense." The time on the clock said 6:36 and I heard Mommy ordering food. Apparently someone was coming over. I hoped it was one of my Uncles.
"This growing up thing sounds kind of tricky." I looked out my window and thought about something that happened when I was a bit younger.
Flashback
"Mommy, I like your bathing suit."
"Thank you." It was green and super pretty. She held my hand as we walked towards the ocean.
"No, that's scary! I'll get eaten by a shark."
"Sweet pea, Mommy won't let anything happen to you. The only thing eating you will be me. I see a chocolate chip on your shoulder." I laughed as she tickled me.
"You promise not to let a shark eat me?"
"I promise." She picked me up and walked into the water.
"This is so cold."
"Your body has to get used to it Bella." I shivered and put my head on her shoulder.
"A shark didn't eat me."
"Told you so. Look at those little fishy's in the water.
"They're so cute and little Mommy."
"Yes, just like you."
"I love you Mommy."
"I love-"
End of Flashback
"Bella, come downstairs please. Fin is coming over soon,"
"I'm coming!" I hopped down and basically flew down the stairs and helped my mom set up the table.
"I can't wait til he comes. I can't wait to tell him about everything he missed."
"I know that for sure. He's your favorite Uncle isn't he?"
"Yes, he's always been Mommy." I set My American girl doll down in a chair and waited for my uncle.

A/N: There's gonna be a part two and lemme just laugh at how Bella said she doesn't wanna smell like fifth grader 😂