Rage

Missy looked at you, completely frozen on the spot. You watched her with a wobbling frown, trying to choke back sobs. She looked down at her lap, her jaw clenched slightly and her body tense.

When she didn't answer, you sighed heavily, getting annoyed at the doctors prodding and tests. You stared at Missy, shaking your head.

"You haven't talked to me in over a month Missy. And now you talk about me like I'm so important all of a sudden" you said, staring at her "I thought you hated me"

Missy snapped her head up, shaking her head quickly. She stood up, coming to your side and holding your hand.

"No! No, I could never hate you! It's just..." she sighed, letting go of her hand as she paced a little.

"Just what? Missy you..you didn't even want to see me let alone talk to me. As soon as you woke up you turned your back to me and were completely distant" you said in a hurt voice.

The doctor sighed, looking at Missy "you haven't exactly talked to anyone since then. Let's not pretend you didn't do exactly what it is that (y/n)'s done" she said quietly.

"Except I'm talking" you said "I'm talking to you. That was all I wanted Missy. For you to talk to me and just acknowledge me. Instead you were in a completely different area of the TARDIS and when we were somehow at that rare moment of being in the same room, you didn't even look at me"

"I had my reasons" Missy mumbled quietly, her back turned to you.

"What reasons?!" You asked exasperatedly.

"I...I'm.." Missy stuttered, her body tense as she tried to find the words.

You grew impatient, "Missy what reasons! Why don't you want to talk to me?! Why don't you want to even look at me?! What did I do to make you hate me? I don't understand what I did wrong!" You said, your voice cracking at the end through emotion, your chest feeling heavy.

The doctor tired to soothe you, placing a hand in your shoulder to reassure you. You only shrugged her off, flinching ever so slightly. You were getting worse with the whole no touching thing. Was that why she hated you? You didn't understand though, she was the only one you actually let get close to you.

"I don't hate you" she whispered.

"Then why?! Please tell me because I don't know why you left me after you promised me you wouldn't. You left me alone! Why would you do that to me?!" You asked, shouting at her now through frustration.

"I'M NOT GOOD!" Missy screamed, turning around to face you, her face full of anger and sadness "you're not safe with me! Do you understand that! I'm dangerous!"

You suddenly started to understand everything. Her behaviour towards you. Why she was being so distant. This what what she was trying to tell you that day in your room. You suddenly felt stupid for making assumptions and not trying harder to hear her out. Or trying to convince her otherwise of her opinion of herself.

You shook your head at her "I don't believe that" you said softly, reaching to take one of Missy's hands.

She backed away from you before you could touch her, pacing around the room. She placed a hand on her forehead, her body tense and her hands clutched into fists.

"You don't understand! I'm not the person you think I am! I'm not the good one! I'm keeping you safe when I don't go near you. I'm protecting you from me!" Missy stressed to you.

The doctor watched Missy in just as much intensity as you did. You shook your head again.

"Missy...you're not evil..you're not dangerous and you're not someone I need to be protected from. Trust me I know who I need to be protected from and it ain't you. I know it's not you" you told her in a calm manner.