Who

You were shivering violently, your teeth clattering harshly, taking rapid breaths, seeing your breath come out in small white clouds in front of you. You shuddered, feeling yourself start to freeze up.

You knew you wouldn't survive for much longer. If you didn't already have hyperthermia, you would practically freeze to death. You were finding it harder to breathe being upside down like this too, and your figure shaking violently.

The cold was hurting you. It nipped harshly at your skin, and you could see small ice particles forming on your skin as you shivered. You could feel your fingers and toes start to feel numb, and your nose was starting to clog up as you started to fall ill already.

You were trying to untie yourself from this mess. But as easy as Missy had made it look, you didn't seem to have the core strength to be able to pull yourself up and untie yourself. The ropes were tied on your ankles too tightly anyways, you weren't sure you'd be able to get yourself free if you could even reach them. The rope was digging into your skin and it was getting incredibly painful, some small scratches sending blood trickling down your leg just slightly, freezing and drying up quickly in these conditions.

You were on the verge of giving up. As much as you didn't want to. Just as you finally thought you were starting to enjoy life again and see it's importance and have the need and want to carry on, this happened. You were losing hope with every second, seeing no sign of Missy or a saviour.

Speaking of Missy, you were worried begone belief about her. You were scared for her, dreading to think what that butcher was doing with her right now. You felt sick at the thought of him harming her. You didn't want to see her limbs being ripped off or her organs being taken apart. And...served to people to..eat?!

This place was disgusting you, and you felt like you were going to puke. You hated this place, you really should have just went somewhere you knew about.

"O..ok..ay..." you clattered you're teeth, as you started to feel your muscles tense up and freeze "I..I'm c..co..cold.."

The cold was really starting to have an effect on you now. You could feel yourself start to get tired, and your skin was visibly paler and bluer. You didn't want to die in a freezer like this. You hoped you'd have a little more dignity or at least some control over it. And the thought of being chopped up and served as a meal to others made you disgusted. This was no way to die.

You had to get out of here. But you were starting to feel like you couldn't move at all. You were fatigued as well due to the severe and continuous shivering. It felt like you were fighting a losing battle. And your worry for Missy was only making this worse, knowing you couldn't help her.

Just then, the doors opened, causing you to force your eyes open which were starting to get heavier, and seeing a girl with dark brown hair enter, instantly shivering as soon as she stepped in this freezer. You thought this was it, and she was probably another crazy person come to slice you apart. You didn't want to be in such pain, and suddenly sleeping didn't sound like such a bad thing.

"Woo it's cold in here" she said in an unusually bright and cheery voice "hold on a sec (y/n), I'll get you out of there. Damn how long have you been in here? Also, that looks uncomfortable being upside down like that" she gushed out, coming over to you and bringing out a knife, cutting the ropes "how did you get yourself into a mess this time huh? I swear, I always tell you, you're worse than I am" she giggled "so much for setting a good example"

You had no idea what she was talking about, and honestly didn't even know who this woman was or how she knew your name. She wrapped an arm around your waist, catching you as you fell once cut free. She helped you down, dragging you out of the room.

"Okay, you're really cold. Here" she suddenly wrapped her arms around you, causing you to tense up immediately as she hugged you "you're really cold for a time lady you know. You're supposed to be a little more resistant to the cold than this"

You didn't know what she was talking about. You were just glad you were out of the freezer. And you were confused as to why you weren't panicking or afraid when she hugged you. You weren't comfortable but you weren't afraid. In fact, it felt like the opposite. Your body reacted in a positive way, like you felt the need to keep her closer. Maybe it was just because she was warm. She felt incredibly warm, like Missy or the doctor. But you didn't know why she thought you were a time lady.

"I..I'm n.not a t..time lady.." you stuttered through your shivers, slightly glad that she was warming you up.

"Wait..you're human?! Oh god, time travel gets so damn confusing" she shook her head, sighing.

"S..sorry who a.are you? A..and how do you know my name?" You asked in confusion "what's your name?"

She smiled at that, looking amused before laughing her head off.

"Very funny. You know, that won't work on me. Now, seeing as you're human, this must be early in your time stream. And clearly still fragile, you're freezing. You'll warm up soon enough" she said, still keeping an arm around you "and...you look like you're on a date judging by your clothes. Oh did Yaz make you wear that. Wow, I bet you flattered Missy" she grinned "so, where is Missy?" She asked.

You looked at her, baffled and completely dumbstruck.

"I..I don't..." you stuttered in confusion.

"Come on then, let's go find her. But you and I both know she's probably handled everything as it is" she giggled, taking your hand and pulling you along.

You didn't understand anything that was going on right now. Who this woman was or how she knew you. Time travel really did get confusing sometimes.

But mostly you were confused as to why you weren't afraid of her. It was like you had this sudden urge to protect her from everything. And you had no idea who she even was.