Shocked

You sat, eating your breakfast while conversing with Cobi and Karmilla. They were telling you about their lives, how they met and everything. It was quite interesting to hear. How Cobi grew up, his first ever transformation. You could imagine that happening. You even remembered his first ever growl which was just adorable. He was just six months old, he was just a baby back then. Now he was a responsible, kind, strong grown man.

"Yeah I nearly broke down my whole room. I didn't know how to control myself" Cobi laughed a little, shaking his head "what we realised was that going outside where there was more space and being closer to nature in the forests was better for me. It helped me a lot, learning how to control myself. And eventually my transformations. Mum and dad helped me a lot" he nodded his head.

"That's good" you nodded your head while taking a sip of the alcohol in your glass.

Yes, you really did ask for some alcohol. You had no idea what this was but it didn't taste too bad at all. It wasn't too strong either. But it definitely had a moderate burn to it. The light burn felt really good down your throat, helping to keep yourself focused and composed. Though you couldn't help but let out a few groans of relief here and there. You hadn't had a proper drink in...way too long.

There was a lot on your mind...and a deep darkness that had always been there since...all the bad things started to happen to you. You had to be distracted from that, and made sure you weren't lured in again. Though some thoughts did cross your mind, and some feelings did cross your heart. Usually of grief... It really hit you just how many people you had lost in your life.

"Are you finished?" Cobi asked you, making you hum in response, grabbing your attention back.

"Oh.." you looked back down at your empty plate before nodding your head "yeah thanks. I'm really full now. I should give Grace some compliments" you told them with a small laugh.

"She makes such good food. The whole cooking crew does" Karmilla smiled in response while you all got up from your seats, putting the plates away.

"Let's go introduce you to my parents...again.." Cobi laughed, shaking his head a little "he's the chief of this whole land. And..both my parents have seen the doctor so many times. I'm sure they'll be able to help you" he told you with a smile and the nod of his head.

"Yeah..I hope so" you sighed quietly under your breath. They were your only hope right now...you didn't know what else to do.

"This way" Karmilla spoke up while walking through somewhere with Cobi.

You quickly made your way behind them, making sure to keep up with them. They were the only people you knew properly, you didn't want to get lost in this place. The idea itself of getting lost...yeah it still got you nervous and scared. You hated that thought.

"I think they're in here. Just wait a second" Cobi said, knocking on the hard wooden door with his fist, sending an echoing knocking noise through the walls around you.

You waited a few moments before there was a reply of a familiar voice, though it did sound slightly more aged. It was definitely recognisable though. It was so weird to think about this. You time travelled all the tome but actually seeing the effect yourself, coming back and seeing people older and fully grown was amazing. All the while you were pretty much the same age, maybe a few years older. And perhaps if it was a messed up time line, then maybe people would have been younger than you. Time travel was wild to think about... Everyone's lives just carried on around you.

"Yes son" he called out, it was the chief "you can come in"

He smiled and nodded his head in return, before turning around, gesturing that you could both follow him in now. Cobi opened the door and he stepped in, Karmilla following casually behind. You hesitated for a few moments, not knowing how everyone would react when seeing you. But you soon followed them, not wanting to be left outside and have an awkward entrance either.

It was quite a grand hall that you had just walked into. It almost looked like a place there would have been huge gatherings in. It was really beautiful. You could definitely tell since you last came here that there had been upgrades in the furniture and the buildings. You supposed technology improved after the years in every civilisation. People got smarter, came up with new things, build new infrastructure. And just...developed as a civilisation.

"Hello Cobi" a familiar, yet slightly more older looking woman came to hug her son, "how was the night?" She asked in a kind voice before reaching over to hug Karmilla also "it was good"

"Didn't break anything did you?" The chief asked with a small laugh "nice to see you Karmilla" before they both realised you were also standing in the room.

You stood awkwardly as you watched their surprised and shocked faces at seeing you. They definitely recognised you, almost instantaneously. You weren't surprised, these two were the most time you spent around these people. Apart from Cobi of course, and team TARDIS.

"(Y/n)?" The chief spoke in shock.

"Yeah" you smiled slightly, a happy feeling filling your chest when realising how they recognised you. In a way you kind of...missed these people. It was good to see them again.

"I can't believe you're back..." Cobi's mother spoke, before taking a few steps closer to you "is everyone back? The doctor...?" She asked, her voice breathy and in disbelief.

"No..no you see...I kind of...fell and...I think I'm stuck here" you told the , making their eyes widen even further as they stared at you in utter shock.