Castle

"Hold on (y/n)!" The doctor called out for you quickly.

You stopped when you were just about to open the doors, turning around and looking at the doctor expectantly. She walked over before smiling slightly.

"Just wait for us all okay. We don't actually know what's out there" she said.

You raised your brow at that "since when has that ever stopped us?" You asked in amusement with a smile.

The doctor shrugged at that "never...but still. Better safe than sorry right" she smiled.

You sighed, shrugging slightly before stepping out of the way for her. Missy and the others came up to you to, and you watched as the doctor opened the door, peeping her head out just slightly.

"Huh..." she mumbled "well that's...unexpected"

You looked around at that before back at the doctor.

"What's unexpected?" You asked.

"Yeah I would have expected you didn't get surprised anymore" Graham said.

"Yeah like you were immune to it or something" Ryan smiled.

The doctor pulled her head back into the TARDIS at that, looking at you all with raised brows.

"Hey, I still get surprised!" The exclaimed "you should know this by now. The universe never fails to surprise you. Even if you have been around for thousands of years" she smiled.

You smiled at that "well that's nice. But as much as I love your inspirational speeches, I'm dying to know what's out there now" you told her.

"Yeah, especially after that reaction" Missy raised a brow.

"Ooh, is it some beautiful place with multicoloured trees or something?" Yas asked excitedly.

The doctor shifted slightly "Umm...well not really no. It was actually more of a...disappointed kind of surprise.." she told you all.

"Disappointed?" Ryan repeated in questioning.

"Well yeah. I mean I was expecting something much more amazing and show stopping but...well just take a look for yourselves" she said, opening the door before stepping out.

You all looked at each other before shrugging your shoulders and following her out. You noticed that it wasn't very glam at all. You were all in some kind of...old castle. But it felt like it was run down and abandoned.

The walls weren't wallpapered or anything. It was all just bricks and stone. Which would have looked nice but considering there were cob webs everywhere and the air was incredibly cold, it didn't feel like that at all. And you actually really liked castles.

There were some blow torches lighting up the corridors. It barely glowed in the dark though, and you could hear some dripping of water. And looking down, you could see the ground was just coated with some water.

"What is this place?" Ryan asked, kind of grossed out.

"I'm not sure. That's the point Ryan it's a place I've never been before. Though I was hoping it would have been a little more interesting than an abandoned castle" the doctor said, scratching her head slightly.

"Well if it's a castle some rich people must have lived here right" you spoke up.

"Yeah! Maybe we can look around and find something. Maybe find out who lived here. A painting or something" Yas said.

"Treasure!" Ryan added.

You all looked at him and you laughed a little "sure, but I don't think taking anything would be a good idea"

"Yeah I'm with (y/n) on that" the doctor nodded her head "but looking around can't do any harm" she shrugged.

"Please doctor, you should know by now to never jinx yourself by saying that" Missy shook her head.

"Hey, it always makes it more fun though" the doctor smiled "what would an adventure without a little thrill be?" She grinned.

"Now I like that kind of thinking!" You exclaimed.

"Right then. Let's split up. See if we can find anything out" Missy suggested.

"Okay...not all on your own though. How about Ryan and Yas, you go together. Graham and Missy, you go in another direction and (y/n), you're with me" the doctor said.

You nodded your head "sure thing" you said, moving along towards the blonde alien.

"Right. We'll meet back in an hour over here" the doctor said.

"Okay" everyone agreed before splitting up.

You walked along with the doctor and soon you were both on your own, the only sound being the small splashes of your footsteps and the gentle cracklings of the fires.

"So, what do you think is in here? Who do you think lived here? Do you really think it's some rich family?" You asked with a smile.

The doctor chuckled lightly "maybe. Question is do you believe in ghosts?" She asked, raising a brow at you.

You smiled slightly "why do you ask that?" You asked.

"Well.." the doctor shrugged "I'm just saying, the person who lived here is long gone now" she said.

"Yeah and?" You asked.

"Don't you get that feeling of being watched?" She asked, looking at you.

You gulped slightly at that, feeling a small shiver go down your spine. You had had a strange feeling as soon as you had walked into this place. Maybe it was the feeling of being watched?

The doctor laughed at that before shaking her head "I'm only kidding"

You laughed a little at that before breathing a small sigh of relief. You swallowed a little before following her as she started to walk down one of the many corridors.

But as you were walking, you noticed some movement in the corner of your eye. You stopped and furrowed your brows, before turning your head to the corridor beside you. You swore you saw someone walking down there.

You wandered off on your own, splitting up from the doctor and slowly and quietly walking down that much darker looking corridor. You needed to see what was there. If there was even something down there.

Your steps seemed to sound ten times louder as you walked down, and you could feel your heart rate start to spike as the feeling of being watched seem to grow. You were definitely not alone.

You continued to take some steps down before pausing, feeling your skin start to crawl. You could practically feel someone standing next to you.

You felt someone grab your hand.