Immortal

Missy finally got done taking out her anger on Jack and got up, shaking her bruised hands. She was breathing heavily, trying to hold back from going another round of punches. You were stood in shock and fear, your hands shaking slightly as you stared at the unmoving body in front of you.

He wasn't moving a muscle. His chest wasn't rising and falling anymore, indicating he wasn't breathing. His eyes remained closed and blood continued to deep out of the several wounds on his face from Missy. You didn't know what to think or do. He was dead. Missy just beat a man to death in front of you.

"Missy...." you managed to whisper out, barely finding your voice again "y..you just..k..killed him..."

Missy rolled her eyes "he's not dead relax. Bastard comes back way too often" she muttered, glaring at the unconscious man.

"H..he's not moving.." you whispered.

"He's not dead (y/n) calm down" Missy said again, acting way too calmly for your liking.

"Missy, you just beat a man to death! He's not breathing" Graham shouted, looking at the body.

"This is murder. Missy you could get arrested" Yaz said in a serious tone.

"He's not dead" the doctor reassured, though she still looked slightly disturbed.

"Even if he isn't dead you've knocked him unconscious and probably given him multiple concussions!" Ryan stressed.

"Will you all calm down!" Missy snapped "it's fine!"

"Fine?!" You yelled "you just..." you lowered your voice, looking around to make sure no one would hear you "you just killed him! Or beat him...l..like he was nothing.." You whisper shouted.

"He is nothing. Damn guy has always flirted with everyone. I mean, firstly he should have asked and secondly...I didn't want to kiss him!" Missy cringed at it.

You shook your head, ignoring everything Missy was saying. All you could think about was your racing heart and your sickening stomach. Or your deep desire to just walk up to someone smoking a cigarette and ask for one. Or run down to a pub and drink until you forgot this ever happened.

The thought of being on the receiving end of Missy's wrath was what scared you the most. Just the thought of her getting angry like she did just then and beating the hell out of you...like Jason...

You could feel yourself start to breathe heavily at the thought, shaking violently. You placed a hand over your chest as you felt it tighten in panic and sheer terror. You took some steps away from Missy, finally regaining control of your limbs. Run. That was the only thought going through your mind. To run far, far away.

You took some more steps away from them all, your panic driving you further away. Seeing the lifeless body brought back memories you were trying to avoid. You couldn't take this all. Your heart felt like it was going to explode.

"(Y/n), stop. Where are you going?" Missy asked, trying to step towards you which only made you want to run more.

"Away from you..from this..this murder scene. I..I can't be here..." you started to struggle to breathe, feeling your throat start to clog up and choke you.

"Calm down, he's not dead. He's immortal remember" the doctor said to you, worried about your increasing panic "just take some deep breaths for me"

"NO!" You screamed, before turning around and getting ready to bolt it.

Just as you were about to run, you heard a huge gasp and several coughs behind you. You turned around slowly, stood in shock as Jack was alive! His wounds were healing as he coughed and tried to regain some breath.

"Wow, that was nice" he commented, rolling over as he stood up.

"See, still alive. This bastard comes back no matter what you do to him" Missy told you, crossing her arms angrily at him.

He smiled slightly "oh Missy, when you find a way to actually kill me, let me know. I've been trying for hundreds of years" he said "you're not the first person that's done that" he sighed "listen, I'm not happy with your decision to trust her doctor. All she is is a monster. But I don't really have a say in this. I guess I'll have to just...endure it."

"Yes! Thank you! See, we can work together!" The doctor tried to be optimistic.

"Though I'm not too annoyed about the whole kissing thing" Jack winked at Missy, fuelling your anger.

Missy growled like some wild animal, before turning back to you. You were much calmer now. You could feel your heart rate start to decline. And you were relieved beyond belief that he was still alive. But that didn't mean you weren't conflicted.

Missy scared you. Or course she did. She always did when she does something like that. But you weren't entirely sure if you were glad Jack could heal so easily. He didn't even look to be scared of remorseful. He was teasing about the kiss still! And that angered you. You wanted to be the one to kiss her. You didn't want someone else to. You were jealous and annoyed at his laid back, flirtatious attitude. But then again, why would he if he could live forever. He literally came back from the dead right in front of you.

"I wouldn't have hit him half as hard if I didn't know he'd come back. Don't worry, I'm not some monster. And it only means he's a free punching bag" Missy said to you.

You nodded your head slowly, trusting her more now. You honestly had no idea how you felt about Missy anymore. She scared you when she beat someone like that. You'd never really thought about her as Jason before and in that one moment you did it brought shivers down your spine. But you also knew how she hated even being reminded of her past and what she did. You couldn't blame her for acting out like that after being taunted over and over again.

Maybe you should just...stay away for a little while. Until you got things clear in your head. You were just so confused about he whole immortality thing with Jack, your mind was going crazy and you had mixed feelings about Missy's strength. She did say she only hit him so hard because she knew he'd come back.

You were just confused, hurt and there were too many emotions and thoughts going through you at the moment like some wild fire. It was spreading across your body. You didn't like it. You felt like a prisoner to it.

"Well, anyways, seeing as you we're going to have to work together. You may be able to be of some use" Jack said.

"I'm more use than you are" Missy snapped "if only your intelligence was half as big as your ego. But as we've established, you've got a very low IQ and have to be told things several times before you get it. Pitiful mind you have" Missy grumbled.

Jack sighed "Doctor, we need your help"