TARDIS

"So, where do you all want to go?" The doctor asked, moving around the consoles, switching a few things, pulling leavers, and of course, telling Missy to stay well away.

"Doesn't matter. Because without my help you won't get us there" Missy rolled her eyes, making you laugh a little.

"That's not true!" The doctor pouted, staring at her with wide eyes "I can fly! How many times do I need to tell you that I can fly my TARDIS perfectly well!"

"As soon as you get us to the right place" Graham chuckled, while everyone else just smiled in response.

"Fine! I'll prove it to you!" The doctor pouted "where do you want to go? We talked about iceland didn't we. We'll go to Iceland." The doctor smiled widely.

"But...you were trying to go there before" Ryan furrowed his brows.

"Yeah and ended up in India" you laughed at that.

"I'm India. Half way across the world!" Missy laughed.

"You don't need to rub it in my face! And besides, it's not my fault she won't go where I want her to!" The doctor exclaimed, stroking the metal parts of the TARDIS with a sigh.

Missy sniggered at that "so you've restored to blaming the TARDIS? Yeah you do realise you offended her by saying that" she laughed as the TARDIS hummed in response, glowing a light red before returning back to its ordinary golden colour.

"Yeah even I can tell you've offended her doc" Graham said.

"But...no! Hey, you don't get to be angry on me right now!" The doctor started to scold the TARDIS itself, pointing a finger up at the ceiling accusingly "it was you that told me you didn't take me anywhere I wanted but you took me wherever I needed to go! So it's your fault!"

The TARDIS hummed at that while the doctor looked like a mother scolding her child. But the child in this case was...the TARDIS? You didn't even know.

"She says you still have a role to play. Which is true. You do pilot her you know. So you have a very significant role to play" Missy announces, easing a brow at the doctor.

"Oh okay. I see how it is" the doctor frowned, glaring up at the TARDIS looking frustrated.

"Hey babe" Yas laughed before wrapping her arms around the doctor and smiling "it's okay. I believe you. Plus, you always manage to take us to the most amazing places. Whether you mean to or not" she smiled at her girlfriend, who seemed to calm down a lot at that, her shoulders intending as she smiled back at her.

You looked over at Missy who just sniggered and rolled her eyes in response. You smiled before tugging at her sleeve a little to gain her attention, her eyes meeting yours.

"Can you hear what the TARDIS says?" You asked her in interest and curiosity "I mean like...actually understanding what she's saying? Cuz all I hear is hums and light noises. Is it a language or something that only you understand?" You asked her.

"Not quite (y/n) but good guess!" The doctor suddenly spoke up, swooping over to you, looking really excited to give an explanation that you most likely wouldn't even understand.

Missy just shook her head a little while the others giggled and laughed lightly. You looked at the doctor expectantly, waiting for this explanation that was awaiting for you.

"You see, the hums of the TARDIS are...well it's a frequency. Humans only hear it as that sound. However time lords can pick up not only that noise, but the actual voice of the TARDIS itself. We can hear what she says. And we can feel what she feels. A TARDIS has a certain connection with a time lord you see. A connection much closer than with any other species. But you humans are special when it comes to the heart. You can feel things as we can. Maybe not as much as a time lord but a lot more than others. If the TARDIS was angry or upset, you would be able to feel it." The doctor explained "the human body reacts to small fields which the TARDIS gives off. That's why you're able to feel whether the TARDIS is upset or amused"

You smiled at that, looking around at the incredible machine around you. She really was amazing. First off the bigger on the inside thing was really cool and much better than anything a human could do. To be honest you still didn't really understand that whole thing. The dimensional engineering. Quite frankly you didn't want an explanation when it came to that. You would end up getting so confused that it would only raise more questions than answers. And you really didn't feel like getting a headache today.

"That's amazing" you whispered with a smile, still looking up at the golden shards of the TARDIS coming together to circle around the controls "best time machine ever"

The TARDIS hummed at that, and just as the doctor said, you could feel her agreement and happiness when it came to that. The doctor smiled, knowing that you all felt what she was saying, before she moved over to the controls and spun around dramatically.

"Right then! I guess I'll have to show you all how we're going to Iceland. And that I can get you all there. Oh, but be warned, there are a lot of hazards there so...just be safe" the doctor smiled, nodding her head.

"Don't say stuff like that" Ryan quickly said "you're gonna jinx it I can already tell" he sighed, shaking his head.

You laughed at that "yeah I mean I'm not usually up for the superstitious stuff but...when it comes to you piloting...I'm not gonna jinx anything either" you said with a grin.

The doctor pouted at that, like a small child about to throw a tantrum. Yas cooed in adoration before the doctor turned around determinedly, pulling down the leaver.