Make sure

You moved your lips against Missy's, your eyes closed as you took your time with the kiss. Her lips were soft and they felt amazing up against yours.

You pulled away quickly when hearing someone clearing their throat by the door, making your cheeks go bright red in shyness and embarrassment as you looked down.

"Good morning to you too" Ryan grinned in amusement before stepping in "the doctor was looking for you both"

"Good morning Ryan. And yeah I know..." you mumbled, before digging into the food.

"You two sleep well?" He smirked, clearly trying to hold back a laugh.

"What do you care Ryan?!" Missy snapped in annoyance.

"Someone's not a morning person" he laughed.

"No she just doesn't like people in general" You smiled in amusement before shaking your head.

"That's not true! You know, I can...tolerate some people really well now" she said.

You smiled in amusement at that before continuing with your breakfast, only to be stopped again when the others started to walk in. And needless to say you instantly started blushing when Yas and the doctor walked in, looking your way. Yaz with a huge smirk and the doctor with a raised brow.

"Good morning" the doctor said, making you mumble a good morning back "so you two are officially together?" She asked.

"Yep" missy responded "and we're happy so fuck off with whatever bullshit you're about to say"

"Missy don't be rude" you whispered, rolling your eyes with a small smile.

"I'm not" she said back with a grin.

"Well of course being together naturally brings other things in. I hear you two are already having sex" the doctor said, making you choke on the food you were eating in surprise.

You didn't expect the doctor to have been so straight forward with you. You felt like your face was burning as you refused to make eye contact. Yaz and Ryan were laughing their heads off. Graham was just stood there clearly in just as much shock as you were in. Missy was already face palming.

"Can we not do this" she mumbled in annoyance "I swear to god I'm going to have to fly back to Gallifrey and pick up my own TARDIS at this rate"

"But I like it here too" You said, looking at Missy.

"Well our TARDIS will be better" she smiled, moving her hand to look at you.

"I don't think I've seen your planet before" you said.

"And you're not going to. Neither of you are. You're staying here" the doctor said firmly.

"What are you my mother now?" Missy raised a brow "you always were the well behaved one" she muttered under her breath with a sigh.

"All I'm saying is that I need to make sure everything you did was safe and consensual" the doctor said, making you groan slightly in embarrassment and lower your head, your face feeling incredibly hot right now.

"Consensual?" Missy questioned, looking at her in shock.

"Yes. It means you both agreed to what you were doing and no one felt forced into doing anything they didn't want to. It just means-" Missy cut off the doctor before she got carried away.

"I know what it means!" She snapped, waving her hand around a little "I just mean what about consent? Of course it was all consensual"

"Okay you can both stop talking now" you mumbled, grabbing your juice and drinking it, trying to cool yourself down.

"I just need to make sure that's all" the doctor said.

"Of course it was though I wouldn't force her into doing anything!" Missy exclaimed, frowning deeply at the doctor.

"Okay that's good! And I didn't mean it like that. But we're you two being safe?" She asked.

"You know, I'm with Missy on this one, you're not my mother" you said, feeling your confidence come up as you glared at her.

"And I'm not trying to be" she replied.

"Really? Cuz that's what it feels like. I'm twenty seven not a child I can do things with my girlfriend if I want to." You told her firmly.

"And I'm over two thousand years old" the doctor retorted "you're barely a child in my eyes"

"Well maybe for a time lord but I'm a human. I've probably outlived over a third of my life already" you told her.

"Okay fine. All I'm saying is that you don't want to get any STIs or anything okay. And I know it can be all fun and amazing but you don't want to be regretting it in the future" she told you.

"I know" you mumbled "trust me I do. I've had experience in regretting stuff" you said quietly.

It was silent for a moment before the doctor sighed "can I talk to you please (y/n)? Alone..." she added.

"Why?" Missy asked immediately almost protectively.

"It's fine Missy she's probably just gonna ask about protection and stuff like the mother she is" you said before standing up "I'll be back in a sec" you quickly pecked her on the cheek before walking out with the doctor.

She looked at you and cleared her throat, lowering her voice a little so the others wouldn't hear.

"Listen, I know you lost a child and I know it's a sensitive topic for you. So I won't push for answers or anything. But I just need to make sure of something. Because you said..with Eva you told her you were...forced into things in the past..." she said quietly.

You shifted on your feet slightly in discomfort.

"I didn't tell Missy because I knew she'd freak if she knew, probably go on a killing rage" the doctor continued.

You nodded your head a little at that, silently agreeing with her. You didn't want her to know about that.

"But when you became pregnant...it wasn't because you were forced or anything was it?" She asked quietly.

You snapped your eyes to her hazel ones before shaking your head in denial "no. No it was nothing like that. Listen that..what you heard then doesn't concern you anymore okay" you told her, trying not to break your act "it's all over. And that was different...c..can we not talk about this. Please" you said quietly.

She sighed before nodding her head "of course. I just need to make sure you're safe"

"Well I am" you told her.

And you were. On the TARDIS you were ten times safer than at home. Even if you were in the firing line of alien invasions or whatever. You would always be safer than at home.