Call

You picked up the call, swallowing nervously as you held the phone to your ear. You didn't know what to say or what to think. You were so confused...and worried and just..you didn't know anymore. Things had become way too much lately. And you had been trying to either ignore it, move on from it or just live with it.

"H..hello?" You cringed slightly at your stuttering, mentally face palming.

Stuttering was not what you wanted to be doing to anyone, let alone Jason. He was probably either already pissed off with you or laughing at you and mocking you. You hated how he's do that sometimes. It was as if he didn't treat you as a person sometimes. Then again he did usually treat you like a punching bag. You wondered what Missy would do if you told her...probably kill him. And that wasn't what you wanted. Many complications would come up if she did something like that. All to bite you back on the ass.

"Hey" you nearly jumped out of your skin when hearing his voice again.

He sounded different...not like you had heard him last time you'd seen him at Christmas. Oh no, he sounded like his...scary side again. You dreaded to think what he was doing to himself. You hated it when he used drugs and things but you wouldn't be surprised at this state.

You also hadn't realised how much his voice scared you. Just his voice, it didn't even need to be his whole persona. Just his whole being...it scared you. Of what he was capable of. Of the memories just simply his voice jogged up. It all scared you...so much. You could feel your heart start to beat quicker as the deep fear started to set in the out of your stomach and rise up your throat.

"What do you want?" He asked on the other side.

You gulped, before furrowing you're brows slightly "w..what? Sorry I..I don't understand.."

You tried to move your back towards the others so that they wouldn't see your fear filled face. You were incredibly afraid and you hated it. You didn't want him to start shouting at you and threaten you. One thing you had learnt with him was that he stuck to his threats and he carried them all out. If he gave you a reason to be afraid to come home, then you sure as hell weren't going to go home anytime soon. Even if that meant not seeing your siblings again for a long time.

He sighed in a frustrated way "you called me a few days ago, left a voicemail. You said it was urgent and I needed to call you back as soon as possible. Now I just fucking took time out of my own damn day to talk to you so you better not be playing dumb with me!" He raised his voice "talk!"

You gulped before taking in a deep breath, trying to calm yourself down. This wasn't the place to cry, not that you could though. It was him who had taken away your tears. You wanted your tears back...you wanted everything back from him. He wasn't the same anymore, he had changed. You wished he would go back to his old self, like you had met him. Like that Christmas.

"Oh..um..yeah I did call you. And..it was really urgent so I do appreciate you calling me back" you spoke, warning a small grunt from him.

You remembered why you had called him. Though things had changed before. But you were still better to tell him. At least this way he may also learn to be more careful next time. And not so reckless.

"U..Um you remember Christmas right..and how we spent the night together. Y..you know. And we did a lot of stuff..." you started.

"Get to the point it's not like it's the first time we've had sex" he snapped, making you flinch ever so slightly.

You could feel all your anxieties rising again. You didn't want to have to go through that kind of fear again. You had moved on, with the doctor in the TARDIS. She had shown you a better life. You weren't about to go backwards. You were going to stand up for yourself.

"Yes but it's the first time we've had unprotected sex Jason!" You hissed, earning nothing but silence from the other end.

You knew realisation had just hit him too. And it quite frankly disgusted you that he hadn't even thought about that once before you just brought it up. You wondered at this point if he even cared anymore. Did he even care on Christmas?

"I was late for my period Jason" you told him "I..still am late..I thought..I thought I was pregnant. Pregnant with our child from that night Jason. Because we were stupid and didn't use protection like we always do and should have that night! We were reckless" you told him.

"Shut the hell up for a moment with all your reckless bull crap!" He shouted, making you move the phone away from your ear at the volume "are you pregnant?" He asked quietly, as if afraid and on the verge of letting a whole storm go.

And you knew exactly how nasty his storms got. You didn't want to be in the middle of one again, and you were glad you weren't doing this in person right now. You took a deep breath before shaking your head a little.

"No, I'm not. I'm not pregnant I took a test and I also had a scan done. But that's not the point Jason, the point is that we weren't careful and it could have happened. God it was so close to happening" you told him.

"You know what, maybe next time it should be up to you to make sure sex is safe" before you could even say anything back he hung up the phone, making you raise your brows in shock.

You switched off your phone too before sighing heavily, rubbing a hand over your face. The relationship with him was too much now. It was way too much. It definitely could have gone worse but it sounds like he doesn't care. And he's definitely angry.

You turned around before eyeing the drinks. They were the only thing that could keep your mind off things.