Normal

You were all at the TARDIS console room, having said goodbye to the whole Torchwood team. The doctor was being incredibly quiet and you weren't sure what to make out about it. Everyone seemed to be pretty quiet actually. And it wasn't a comfortable silence.

The only person you were feeling comfortable around at the moment was Missy. She seemed to be in some content silence next to you, a small smile on her face. She looked like she was kind of out of it anyways.

You sighed, looking back at the doctor. The aura around her wasn't feeling great. It wasn't feeling great from any of the others. You hesitantly took some steps towards her, knowing what this was about.

You didn't mean for the whole gun thing to have happened. It was more of a reaction or a reflex in being handed the gun in the first place. You didn't feel like that anymore. You were completely different. It was like you had been enlightened in what you should be thinking and feeling like. Enlightened on what your attitude to life should be. You were done with moping around. You wanted to make new, happy memories, worth looking back on.

You walked up to the doctor on the other side of the control panel, resting your hands against the metal.

"Doctor" you started in a small voice, not sure where to start "I know that I haven't told you some things about my past..."

She sighed "you sure haven't" she mumbled "I worry about you (y/n). Especially after that stunt you pulled today" she said, looking at you with concerned hazel eyes.

"We all worry about you" Yaz spoke up, making you look over at her, noticing everyone looking at you, even Missy.

You shrugged your shoulders, trying to find the right words.

"Listen...I don't talk about some things because they're in the past okay. I don't want to have to think about that anymore. Because that's all they are: in the past. They're nothing important anymore and I just..I wanna move on and think about the futures now. Not the past." You told them sincerely.

"It's not just in he past if you're trying to shoot yourself because of it today" the doctor said in a quiet voice.

You looked at her, sighing again "that was different. I was overwhelmed and just in a bad mood. I was...in a bad place okay." You smiled at her before continuing "and now I'm in a good place. I won't do it again I promise. Pinky promise" you smiled, putting up your little finger at the doctor.

She raised a brow at you "you're not going to scream as soon as I touch you are you?" She asked "because I don't want you to have another panic attack they're getting quite dangerous now"

You shook your head "Nope! I told you, I'm in a good place. I mean, I didn't even flinch when Jack held my hands" you told her.

"Jack did what?!" Missy growled angrily "I'm gonna chop that mother fuckers hands off!"

You rolled your eyes "calm down angel, he was just getting me away from that place where Hannah was shot. I was kinda frozen in shock. Anyways, I'm better now"

"What's made you all better all of a sudden?" Graham asked.

"I bet you it's Missy" Ryan sniggered.

"Oh my gosh maybe it's their baby! Have you guys come up with a name yet?" Yaz asked teasingly.

"I'm not pregnant!" You snapped, not believing that they were still going on about this.

"Aww, they're so in love look at them" Yaz teased "Missy literally beat Jack to death for you (y/n)."

"Yeah that was kind of scary" you mumbled.

"I wouldn't have done it if I didn't know he was coming back, relax. I knew what I was doing, I'm trying to change remember. Though...the idea of cutting out his eyes seems fun. I wonder what would happen if I skinned him alive. Would he just come back to life but skinned?" Missy spoke to herself a little bit.

"Okay that's scary now" you said.

"It's fine, he'll come back. Just beat the crap out of him if he does anything to you. He's so cheesy. Why did he even have to kiss me for?!" She cringed at that.

"He does that with everyone" the doctor waved her hand about before returning her attention back to you "will you actually make this pinky promise then?" She asked.

You nodded your head, looking at Missy too "come on, I'll make the pinky promise loyal bond with both of you" You said.

You crossed your arms over, sticking out your little fingers. The doctor and Missy made eye contact for a moment before shrugging their shoulders and stepping towards you.

Missy was the first to link fingers with you, making you giggle. The doctor was more hesitant to do so, weary of your response to the contact. She brought her hand up and linked pinky fingers, and you smiled, proud of yourself for not panicking. Inside you felt a little weary and worried but you were controlling it pretty well. You knew the doctor wouldn't hurt you.

The doctor smiled at you when you didn't even flinch, her smile reaching her eyes. She was proud of you for doing this. Whether you would stick through with the promise or not, the whole contact thing was a big step in the right direction.  It you were planning on keeping this promise, for everyone. Not just for Missy and the doctor. You weren't going to try to do this again.

"You guys are taking this way too seriously" Ryan commented with a small laugh.

"Yeah, didn't people do pinky promises in like primary school. Are you guys five?" Yaz asked.

"I didn't even do these pinky promises, how do they work?" Graham asked, looking intrigued.

You giggled "a pinky promise bounds someone to the promise they make. They're never, ever allowed to break this promise now. It's a serious thing Graham you wouldn't understand. And I'm twenty five, not five" you rolled your eyes.

"Hmm that's true. So, when's the baby due?" Yaz asked.

You groaned in annoyance, and Missy huffed in frustration also. The doctor fought back a smile but failed miserably. But all in all, you were glad things were back to the way they were. Back to normal.