Live

"Come on, there are people waiting for you" Cobi's mother told you, making you pause just outside the hall.

You didn't know if you were ready for this big gathering thing, just for you. A huge dinner being set all because of your arrival just seemed a bit...too much. Or perhaps just not right in the moment.

Sure your arrival was amazing to everyone else on this planet. They hadn't seen you in ages and they had so much to thank you for. But for you...right now wasn't the best time for this. At least not yet. You were trapped here. You fell from the TARDIS this wasn't done by choice. You weren't mad about it but you were scared.

You just wanted to know that they would come and find you. That you wouldn't be stuck forever. Just for them to be able to pick you back up and put you out of your misery. You wanted to see them again. You never thought you would have said this, especially after finally finding the doctor again and having been stuck on earth for years on end, but you wanted to go back and see your family too. Your siblings...

Being here just made you realise how much you loved them both. How much you loved all your family. Your in laws and your nephews and nieces. They were your whole world. You thought you had lost everyone in that car crash when you were sixteen. Your little sister and your mother. And then...you found your big brother and sister. Twins your mother didn't even tell you about. Twins that...you think she was trying to find again now that you had a stable home and income. Things were just starting to look up and then you lost them in one stupid car ride.

But knowing that you were millions of light years away from earth and...probably not even in the same time zone, maybe millions of years before earth was even created, it rattled you. That was what really scared you, knowing that you were so far away from your family that you couldn't see them.

At least when you were on earth...you could pop down on a bus and go see them whenever you wanted. They were there for you during your hardest times. Now, you knew there was no way to contact them at all. You would rather have been stuck on earth again. Even if you had to endure more pain from Jason...at least you would have had your family.

And then there was not seeing the doctor and the others of course. It hurt you thinking about how often you had lost them. For whatever reason, usually by mistake. And this time it was on your end. You were stupid enough to actually end up falling out of the TARDIS itself! You couldn't even describe how much you wanted a hug from Missy right now. Just when you guys were finally dating too, this happened...

"I can't do this" you whispered, looking at Cobi's mother "I'm not supposed to be here. It's not some celebration..at least not right now. Everything's just...so wrong. I want to go home..I wanna see my family. This was all just a mistake..." you told her.

"I know. But we're working on that. We're trying to find a way that we might be able to contact the doctor. Maybe by sending out radio waves into space. I don't know. But as of right now, this is your home. And we're going to treat you as one of our own. There's nothing to be worried about as long as you are here. But one thing I've learnt in life is that you can't stop loving life because you get knocked down a few times. You've been through a lot, but we're trying to find some solutions to this. Right now though, you can't put everything else on halt just because of something going wrong. You need to live (y/n). Right this moment, live and experience what the world has to offer" the chief's wife told you in a serious and inspiring tone, making you breathe out a sigh.

She sounded a lot like the doctor when she said that. The doctor often gave you inspirational speeches like this whenever you doubted yourself or were feeling down. You always admired her choice of words and ability to be able to just lift your spirits up.

You supposed she wasn't the only one that could do that. She could too. Maybe staying here wasn't such a bad thing after all. At least not right now. And all you had to do was...continue living life! Life still carried on, and you had to live it. You couldn't sit around doing nothing. Because either way...it wouldn't make the doctor come back quicker.

Instead of moving around, you decided you would stand up and finally do something with your life. Whatever it was that you had to do, you'd help out around this village and the people. You had to make the most of your situation, as hard as it was going to get. You already knew you were going to have struggles along the way, but you just had to pick yourself back up again. There were people here that really admired you, and cared about you. That was what you had to keep in mind.

"Okay" you whispered, taking a deep breath while nodding your head, looking forward at her, forcing a smile "okay. Let's do this then" you said.

She smiled in response, nodding her head "you ready?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm ready" you smiled, taking in a deep breath and straightening your back, lifting your chin up.

With that, you both opened the doors and finally stepped inside the hall. As soon as you did, practically everyone's eyes landed on you and there were cheers heard from across the whole hall.