Bodies

"No, it's just the doctor. Nothing else." The doctor replied.

"This is why I just skipped to the doctor who part. I saved so much time" Missy smiled proudly.

The doctor looked at Missy "not everyone asks that!" She said.

"Oh please, everyone asks that" Missy chuckled in response.

The doctor cracked a smile at that "yeah they do. But I really like it when they ask me that. Also, if I just skip to that bit, it doesn't make any sense"

"The doctor doesn't make sense" Missy replied.

"Neither does the mistress." The doctor narrowed her eyes.

Missy crosses her arms "it was the master first and yes it does! It's a title that gives me power" she grinned.

"The master?!" Gwen suddenly shouted, backing away "wait...what's going on, I'm confused"

"Yeah Jack you might wanna explain yourself" Owen said.

"What's all the commotion about?" Another woman walked into the room.

Jack sighed "Tosh, this is the doctor, and...the master or as she calls herself Missy now. And their current travelling buddies" he smiled a little.

"Oh...the master..." Tosh stared at Missy for a moment and you could tell it was starting to upset her now by how much everyone was afraid of her.

She had had a few breakdowns in the past because of this issue. You remembered her screaming to you about how everyone feared her and how she thought you yourself feared her too. She couldn't have been more wrong. She was different now and you could see that. This was also the reason she tried to...kill herself...You hated just standing there and watching everyone's fearful reactions of Missy. You knew you would feel horrible if everyone felt this way towards you.

"Wait, hold up, you're both female now? I mean, I'm not complaining..." Tosh asked.

"They regenerate their bodies when they're dying. Cheating death" Jack explained "at least you guys get some excitement out of it. I've been stuck with this face forever, it's getting boring now"

"Wait, so are you two together?" Owen asked, looking at you and Missy.

You rolled your eyes in annoyance, closing your eyes in irritation. You really didn't want everyone to start questioning you about this now. To be honest, you weren't sure yourself. You wanted this to be more than just a friendship. But Missy always seemed like she didn't want anything more. And you respected that. It didn't help with your feelings though. And at times they seemed torturous.

"Yeah they are" Yaz sniggered along with Ryan.

"That's why Missy beat the heck out of Jack. Literally to death...and then he came back. Weird. Anyways, he kissed her and, well what do you expect to happen when she's in a relationship?" Graham chuckled.

"Oh and that hurt and jealous look on (y/n)'s face...damn I felt for you" Ryan hissed dramatically, placing a hand over his chest as you crossed your arms with a pout on your lips.

"Oh he kissed someone again did he? I wouldn't get too worked up about that love, he does that with everyone" Gwen said, waving her hand about while raising a brow at Jack who just looked smug as hell.

You glared at Jack again, wishing you hadn't given back the alcohol. This Jack guy was a big flirt. Which normally wouldn't bother you but it did when it was Missy he kissed. He only did it to say he's kissed the master too.

You smiled slightly, biting your lip subtly at the thought of calling her mistress. Damn that was hot. You felt a rush of heat to your cheeks at that, and you quickly looked down, using your hair to hide the blush.

"Right then, what was it that you needed help with?" The doctor asked.

Jack looked at the other touchwood members, breathing in slightly before answering. He looked tense and on edge about the whole thing. You wondered what it was that was worrying him.

"There's something strange going on doctor." He simply said.

"If you're a doctor..." Owen spoke up "I could use a second opinion. With the diagnostic. Come take a look at the bodies over here" he said, walking back.

You made eye contact with Ryan for a moment, the two of you looking slightly worried and nervous. You all followed behind him, and you couldn't help but only get more nervous at the mention of the word...bodies. You didn't want to see a dead body, let alone more than one. You hadn't seen anything like that since Missy gave you the scare and she wasn't moving in the space vacuum. You never, ever wanted to feel that fear again. The fear of losing someone. Someone else you cared most dearly about.

As you were following from behind, Yaz came up to you, with that famous mischievous grin on her face. You internally sighed, wondering what it was that she wanted this time.

"I'm just letting you know, if you're too embarrassed to ask the doctor for any protection, I can always sneak some in for you" she whispered to you.

You frowned "Yaz, please just shut up" you mumbled, moving away from her.

"I'll put some femidoms in your room for you. Or should I put it in Missy's? You spend a lot of time in there" she smirked.

You rolled your eyes, catching up to the others and stopping in your stacks when seeing five bodies lying there. You froze in place, feeling shocked and sick at the sight. They looked pale and just...dead. It reminded you of the way your family looked when each of them were in their coffins. When they were buried, you were too scared and shocked to talk to them properly. This reminded you of that.

"They were all found dead over the past few days. But, it seems like there's something very specific that killed them. We're not so sure what it is though. Mind taking a look" Owen explained, handing the doctor the files while also the scans.

You saw both Missy and the doctor tense up at that, and you started to get worried about what was going on.

"That's not possible..." the doctor breathed, her face full of shock.