Engine

Missy started to look inside where she pulled out that massive slab of metal. You could see all the wires of different colour and things in there. It looked like some bomb diffusion thing there. Well, an engine defusion thing you guessed now.

"What are you planning on doing with that?" You asked.

"Hopefully stop the engines from working so this place stops moving. That way they won't get to Earth and we can at least delay them somewhat. If o can get into the main system too I can also stop the power supply to the whole place meaning the teleports won't work either." Missy explained before reaching her hands in there.

"Wait isn't that dangerous? You shouldn't put your hands in there the engines are still on. You'll burn yourself" Elvis said in concern.

"Relax, she's a time lady it takes a lot more than that to even hurt her" you told him reassuringly.

Missy chuckled lightly at that before shrugging slightly "yeah there is that. And the engines are barely turned on. This is lukewarm at best. Come on (y/n), prove it to him, put your hands in here" she said while picking out some of the yellow wires and spreading the different colours.

"Wait you want me to put my hand in there?" I asked in surprise, not realising that I would have to do this.

"Yeah. Don't worry love, I promise you won't get hurt. You trust me right" she smiled at you.

"Always" you smiled back at her, making brief eye contact with her.

"Good. Because I kind of need your help to hold some things out of my way so come on" she told you.

You reached your hands inside, half expecting it to be burning hot still. But you were glad and relieved to find that it really was just lukewarm. It was actually quite nice. Like some nice heater for your hands. This would be perfect after being outside in a cold day, you thought to yourself.

"Do you need me to do anything?" Elvis asked "I've got a spare set of hands available too you know"

"Actually could you just keep watch? We really don't want those armed guards to find us messing around in here" Missy said with a smile.

"Of course" he said "I'll scream if they come. Seriously...don't doubt it, I'll be screaming my lungs off in fear" he mumbled the last part more to himself than anything as he trod towards the doors.

You and Missy looked at each other with an amused smile, giggling lightly at that. Elvis was really awesome. You couldn't believe you had got to spend the day around him. Maybe not in the best circumstances but still. You couldn't complain. He was a legend. You wondered if he even knew how much he still was seen as an amazing singer in the future.

"I just need you to hold back these wires" Missy's voice cut you out of your thoughts, making you look at her.

Her hand came over yours, her soft and slender fingers brushing just over yours, sending small tingles and sparks down your hand and your arm. You gulped slightly, feeling a rush of heat to your cheeks as she took your hand in hers, moving it so you held the yellow wires out of the way.

You looked at Missy, realising how close you both were standing to each other. She was basically stood just behind you slightly, her taller figure reaching over you to the other wires, almost making it feel as though she was weirdly but warmly embracing you from the side.

"You don't like the yellow wires huh" you giggled softly, looking up as she started to rewire some things.

"Well from experience the yellow wires are always the worst. Especially on ships like these" she said.

"You mean they'll blow up or something? Why are you making me hold it then?! You know how stupidly clumsy I can be at times I'll probably end up doing something to it by accident and getting us all killed" you exclaimed, staring at her while making sure to be extra careful with each and every wire.

You could feel yourself start to get scared that you would do something stupid, your anxiety rising as your heart rate started to spike. Over stupid wires which blew up the place! Which Missy gave you you!

She widened her eyes at that before laughing at you, shaking her head from side to side.

"No I didn't mean it like that!" She exclaimed in amusement, giggling "I meant they're useless. They basically do nothing in terms of helping with the workings of everything. They don't blow up the place" she told you.

You blushed in embarrassment, realising how much you had overreacted. You looked down before Missy chuckled, placing a soft kiss on the top of your head, making the butterflies in your stomach take flight.

She smiled lightly before continuing to take apart the insides of the engine. You watched in awe and slightly confusion as she rearranged and twisted different wires in different places.

"You know" Missy spoke up "I've been thinking a lot about us recently" She said.

You raised your brows at that, looking up at her beside you.

"You have?" You asked, feeling your cheeks burn red.

"Yeah" she said before looking at you, her eyes flickering down to your lips for a second, making you stop breathing for a few moments "about what we are"

You gulped slightly at that "a..and what do you think about what we are..." you stuttered.

She looked at you, her lip parting just slightly as if she was about to say something. But nothing came out of her mouth. She just smiled a little before shaking her head.

"I guess that's up to you" she said "what you want us to be"

"I think that's between both of us" you said back, looking at her "it's not a one person choice"

She hummed lightly at that before returning back to the wires. You released a small breath, looking away and trying to calm your glittering heart down.