Dream

Once Cobi's mother left the room, you were taking in everything she said. That they were glad you were back and they would treat you well for as long as you stayed. But you couldn't really concentrate or let what she told you sink in considering how wild your mind was going. And the fear inside you of being forever stuck here...never to see anyone again.

You just closed your eyes with a sigh, letting your pounding head finally go to peace as you slowly drifted off, every muscle in your body relaxing as your mind went into a world of its own.

"Maybe one day I could be a professional at the triangle too" you laughed softly.

"I'll teach you!" The doctor smiled widely, looking at you excitedly "I'm a great teacher"

"So am I but I know that the triangle isn't going to get (y/n) into the game. The violin however, now that's a different story. We should start those lessons again my love" Missy smiled at you with a nod, making you giggle and agree with her.

"Well I do like the violin. It sounds beautiful and I really want to learn how to play. But Missy, the triangle is awesome too. You know the doctor once took me to this planet where they were playing every instrument, ones which I hadn't ever seen. But the one I did recognise was the triangle" you told her "it's amazing, all the way across the galaxy and that's the instrument that is still being played. I don't think we're allowed to say they're not important because of that you know" you giggled lightly "it was awesome to see. Maybe we could go back there some time. Bro n you with us"

"But with triangles..." Missy scrunched her face a little "it's not even a proper instrument. Or it shouldn't be. You're just hitting some metal onto a triangle. It's stupid. There's no still involved"

"Triangles are cool" the doctor retorted with a grin, holding one up "and I'll let you know, there's a lot of skill involved with playing one. You need to have your timing just right. And you can't hit it too hard or else it'll ruin the sound and overpower over the other pieces and instruments"

"Doctor I don't think a triangle would be able to overpower a cello or a piano. Or an electric base" Missy replied with a raise of the brow.

"You'd be surprised old friend" the doctor simply replied "you'd be surprised"

"Can we start with the lessons now?" You asked excitedly, smiling at the doctor.

"Of the violin? Yes of course" Missy replied, taking your hand "but the music room isn't in the control room my love" she laughed.

You pulled her back, stopping her from moving away and making her turn back to look at you with confused eyes and raised brows. You giggled a little before shaking your head, patting her arm gently.

"I was talking about the triangles. It'll be fun Missy we can both have lessons together!" You quickly added on the end before she got mad.

"You really think I need lessons with learning the triangle?" She raised a brow at you, making you smile in amusement.

"It's just some fun. Come on I promise it'll be a good time for us both. Didn't you as a kid always hit the triangle and feel great about it?" You asked her.

"No because I didn't bother worrying about something so stupid and useless as a triangle" Missy mumbled under her breath, making you roll your eyes.

"Do you have more triangles for us doctor?" You asked her with a smile.

"Yeah I do! They're just here" The blonde alien replied enthusiastically, reaching down under the controls and grabbing everything.

Missy just stood there, pouting with her crossed arms, making you laugh and hug her, reaching up to peck her cheek.

"Don't pout my angel. This is supposed to be fun" I laughed, making her smile and shake her head.

"What'll be fun is if I can annoy the doctor so much that she gives up on even trying to teach us" she replied with a grin, making your eyes widen.

"Missy, that's not the point" you told her, making her look back at you with furrowed brows.

"What are you on about? You said have fun right?" Missy simply grinned "now sit back and watch the fun unfold before your eyes"

"You're such a character Missy" you laughed, shaking your head "I love you for it"

"Well I don't think you would have been saying that a few centuries ago. My idea of fun wasn't to mess around with people it was to kill them" Missy replied before being handed a triangle from the doctor.

"That's why I love you" you replied, takin your own triangle "for moving on with it. From growing from your mistakes and changing into the person you are now. You're perfect, all your struggles and everything, it just made you stronger. And into the person I look up to every day" you smiled, making her blue eyes look back at you softly.

She simply smiled in response, giving you a a silent word of thankfulness and love. You just leaned against her, reaching over to grab her soft warm hand into yours. You were so comfortable around her. And she was so soft and caring towards you. You couldn't have gotten a better love in your life....

"Okay so, you're going to hit the triangle like so...." the doctor said, lifting up the metal rod.

But right as she was about to hit the triangle, you woke up from your dream with a small gasp, blinking your eyes a few times and looking around. For a moment you forgot where you were, thinking you were back on the TARDIS...or should have been.

But then the memories of yesterday cane flooding back, making you heave out in sadness, your shoulders sagging in defeat. You really weren't ever going to see them again...