Walk

"It's okay..I'll just g..give you some privacy.." you stuttered out, feeling the heat rise to your cheeks in utter embarrassment.

"No, no it's fine um...we're fine" Cobi cleared his throat "we need to get going anyways" he said in a quiet voice, clearly embarrassed.

"Okay.." you stuttered, before really slowly looking back over to them, making sure they weren't doing anything. You did not want to see that.

"I'm so sorry" Karmilla blushed deeply "I forgot you were there...you see usually it's just us two alone...in the forest.." she cleared her throat.

You shook your head before laughing a little, scratching gun the back of your head. You didn't really know why you were surprised, they were together. You supposed it was all just...unexpected.

"It's fine. Can we get going? I really want to get to the chief, hopefully he can help me find the doctor" you told them.

"Sure, come on, lets go" Cobi said, packing everything up before marching along down in some direction.

You assumed he knew which way he was going, he had stayed in these forests a lot longer than you had. He probably knew this place like the back of his hand.

"So, what's the TARDIS like? Is it really bigger on the inside? Or do you just say that? If it is...how big is it inside? What does it look like? And can you really go anywhere you want?" Karmilla asked you, sounding really curious and excited.

You chuckled softly before nodding your head "yeah, it is. And as for how big...well it's infinite, or that's what the doctor says anyways. You can get lost in there seriously. There's so many hallways leading to different rooms. But the main one is the room you see as soon as you enter the machine. It's the console room. The doctor says it can change from tone to time. But it's big and golden. Like it has a round control panel in the middle that the doctor is always shuffling around. And then there's several other golden pillars around it. It's honestly amazing. It goes not just anywhere you want, but anywhen. It's a time space machine." You smiled at the thought, thinking about that wonderful machine and the people inside it "you can go everywhere. As long as the designated driver knows how to actually pilot it. Which...she sometimes doesn't so...." you laughed a little at that before clearing your throat and sighing.

"That's so cool!" Karmilla exclaimed while Cobi just laughed a little.

"Yeah I remember vaguely the control room. There were loads of those golden pillars, and they bent around half way up to come to the middle. It was brilliant. Incredible time lord engineering" Cobi smiled, also thinking about it while you all tracked through the forest.

"It's not just the machine that is amazing Cobi. Though I have to say I do admire it a lot, she really is amazing. And she's so nice to me too, she always hums and tried to warm me up...literally. She once warmed up the room I was in for me" you chuckled softly at the memory "but it's also the people inside that are amazing...that make it amazing. I've grown close to them all. Each and every single one of them. They're like my family...some of the only family I have left. I don't want to lose them too..." you said quietly, looking down at your feet sadly while leaves and twigs crunched and snapped beneath you.

"We'll find them. For now, I think you could do with some sleep too, you've been up all night" Cobi told you.

"I'm fine, honestly. My sleep schedule isn't normal like yours. I only slept not that long ago on the TARDIS before I was...thrown off. I could do with some breakfast though. My stomach is starting to hurt a little. Oh god and I really want a drink. I feel like I'm craving desperately for it" you ran your hands through your hair with a heavy sigh, shaking your head.

You hadn't drank since you'd gotten onto the TARDIS. You were trying not to be lured in, especially after the time you nearly died from how much you had back on earth after your child was taken from you. You didn't really care though to be honest, you would rather have been dead. Sometimes it still felt like that...as hard as you tried not to think like that. You didn't want to be brought back into the darkness. But sometimes the drinks helped you to be distracted.

The burn in the back of your throat always managed to help keep your mind occupied. You knew it was bad for your body, but sometimes you really needed it to cope. Like right now. You were trying hard not to break down. You just wanted to go back to the TARDIS, back to everyone. And back to Missy...

"We're here." Cobi spoke up, bringing your attention back, making your head instantly look up ahead of you, the trees clearing as the familiar path and buildings came into view.

"I remember this place" you whispered to yourself, a smile coming up to your face "you like it here? I never asked"

"I love it here" Cobi smiled in return "though my parents aren't my birth parents, they treat me like their own child. It's why I call the chiefs mum and dad" he told you, making you smile.

He even called them mum and dad. You were so glad he was happy and had lived a good life. You were always slightly worrying about whether he would have been accepted into the new world and his new family and treated right. Thankfully, he was.

As you walked onwards into the village, you soon realised just how loved he really was, not just by his adoptive parents, but by the whole village he was taken in to, by everyone.