Advice

You changed into some clothes, getting ready for the day. You got yourself looking more presentable, and started to walk out and to the med bay where you had been making the doctor wait for too long.

You had time to think while getting ready. You wanted to speak to someone. And obviously Yaz and Ryan were out of the equation. They would trade you forever for this if they found out about your crush. And especially if you started to ask them for advice. They'd probably just tell you to 'continue' fucking Missy. Even though you weren't! They weren't going to believe you.

And you didn't think Graham would be the best person for this. While he may be good for advice, not necessarily dating advice or for people nowadays anyways. He just wasn't the person to go to. He was more like a grandfatherly figure to you.

The only person you had left to go to was the doctor. She was more of a mother figure to you. And people asked their mothers for advice right? Maybe...maybe not? You honestly didn't know, you never got your mother long enough in your life to know these kind of things. But you did feel like you could talk to the doctor about this. Ask her for advice. She was always kind to you. And didn't tend to tease you nearly as much as the others. She was always approachable and you could talk to her about anything.

With that, you walked to the medical bay with even more determination. You were going to go in there and talk to the doctor. She would know what to do. She was also currently in a relationship so hopefully would know how you felt or know what to say. Plus she was Missy's oldest friend. She knew her better than anyone else. She would know what to do more than anyone.

You stepped into the med bay, and were about to say something to the doctor but we're cut off before even a single word got out when the doctor stared to speak.

"There you are! I was seriously getting worried about you, you scared me" she said "sit down then, we'll get those bandages off" she smiled.

You sighed, walking over and sitting down in front of her. You held out your bandage covered arms, waiting for her to get them off. She started to work on your right arm first.

"Yaz was saying you and Missy broke the bed" the doctor smirked.

You cleared your throat, feeling your cheeks start to burn. So Yaz actually managed to speak to the doctor then. And she actually told the doctor all of that crap about you and Missy!

"It's okay me and Yaz did the same thing once" she shrugged with a grin.

"I don't need to know that!" You exclaimed with red cheeks, staring at her as she giggled "Yaz already told me anyway"

The doctor hummed "so Missy and you do that a lot or..."

"Whatever Yaz said isn't true.." you mumbled "we have a pillow fight that's all" you told her with red cheeks.

The doctor chuckled "whatever you say (y/n). But hiding these feelings from all of us must be getting hard by now right?" She asked.

You bit your lip slightly at that, silently agreeing with her. You gulped, deciding to speak up. You cleared your throat in embarrassment, looking at her with shy and red cheeks.

"D..Doctor.." you spoke up.

She hummed in response, starting to unwrap one of your arms.

"I..I was wondering. Umm...what if..hypothetically speaking...I was in love with...no wait..had a crush on someone. Hypothetically speaking of course...but erm. What if...I wanted to tell her...this hypothetical person with blue eyes and amazing hair that...I liked her. But...every time I tried to talk to her about it...it just sort of..didn't work. Like my mouth didn't work" you said biting your lip nervously "and...I couldn't speak to her or say to her that I like it and I like her. W..what do I do? Hypothetically" you added quickly.

She smirked at that "hypothetically?" She asked.

"Yeah" you blushed.

"You sure it's only hypothetical? No reality involved whatsoever?" She asked, hinting at you, grinning.

"Y..yeah. Completely hypothetical. W..what would you say I should do?" You asked shyly.

She smiled at that, looking at you "well, I would ask, why can't you say anything to Mi- this hypothetical woman" she asked.

"Or man!" You quickly said "I mean, hypothetically it could be a man too. But it's probably a woman. And...I would answer with..I don't know. It's like my mouth just doesn't want to say the words anymore. And my heart starts to beat really quickly in my cheek and I feel like I can't talk or do anything. I want to but..I get all nervous. And my stomach goes all weird and it feels so weird. I literally start sweating Doctor I don't know what to do! I want to say it so badly but I can't!" You told her desperately.

The doctor grinned, and you didn't realise that she had taken off both of your bandages on both your arms by now. She was putting some alcoholic wipe on them to clean them. She smiled at you, looking at you with those hazel eyes you had come to know all too well.

You blushed heavily when realising that it did not sound like you were speaking hypothetically anymore. You probably just gave away your cover. The doctor however didn't seem like she was teasing you.

"Well, my advice would be, if you can't say it to their face, say it to someone else. Like me, say it to me. Admit your feelings to me first and then it'll be easier when it comes to saying it to the real person" She told you.

You took in a deep breath, nodding your head at that. You gulped, looking at the doctor. You were going to do it. You opened your mouth, and with everything you had you worked past the fast heart rate of the crazy stomach twists and sweats, to say your confession.

"I like Missy"