Follow

You stared at the trail on the ground, tilting your head a bit while looking at it in detail. It looked like wheel tracks on the ground. They were barely visible. Like little shiny spots on the ground that Angel somehow managed to find. Then again, time ladies...super advanced bitches.

"What do you think made that?" You asked, looking over at Angel.

She just shrugged in response "I'm not entirely sure. But it's a start right?" She suggested, sighing a little.

"Yeah." You replied "and I think...they were made by that trolly chair thing. You know, the one that guy was on when they copied him" you told her.

"Oh yeah!" She nodded her head in response "yeah that's true. Maybe the track's from when they left and took him away once he was copied" she suggested.

You nodded your head in return "yeah. Wait! That means if we follow the track we can find out where they took him! And maybe we find out what they've done to him. We might even be able to save him if he's still in danger or something!" You exclaimed.

"Okay okay, good. Just quieten down before another zygon comes out way hearing all the noise" she said quietly, looking around.

"Yeah sorry" you shook your head a little, running a hand through your hair "shall we tell the doctor about this? About what we've found. She'll know what to do." You told her.

"Maybe not" Angel replied "every second we waste might be putting someone in danger" she shrugged a little "plus I think the doctor is busy doing her own thing at the moment. I think, we've found the trail..and we should follow it. See where it takes us. And once we see whatever it is we find we can show the doctor. But the last thing I want to do is waste the doctors time or maybe even put the guys life in danger" he said.

"Okay" you nodded your head "yeah you're right. Let's go."

"Right then" she smiled a little before looking down at the track.

"I'll follow. You keep watch" you suggested, making her nod her head.

You started to take a few steps, Angel following behind you and looking around, making sure no one was going to see you both or any Zygons were coming your way. For all you knew there were even more people or different aliens in this ship. What was a ship even doing here?! Pretending to be part of a house! It was all so confusing to you.

Though all of this was bringing back feelings and memories of the past. How you used to think like this every day. Like some weird mystery in every adventure you went on with the doctor, trying to figure things out. And although there was always some danger involved in one way or the other, the adrenaline rush that came with it was just amazing, a feeling you missed strangely enough.

"I think the trail goes down here somewhere" you whispered, furrowing your brows a little.

"I didn't even know this was here" Angel mumbled, looking down where you were too.

There was a downhill corridor. There weren't any lights or anything either. It was dark, and only getting darker. You couldn't even see the end. It almost scared you, like some black hole.

"Come on" you said "the trail leads down there"

"You want us to go in there? What if there's a zygon down there?" Angel asked, looking worried, though for some reason you didn't think it was fear for herself, but more a fear for you.

You didn't know why but that really confused you. It let you know that you weren't the only one that cared for someone you barely knew. But then again, she knew you in the future a lot more apparently.

"Then..." you trailed off a little before shrugging with a small smile "we'll figure it out. Listen I can always cross the bridge when it comes up to it okay. And don't worry, I'm usually very good at that" You smiled at her.

"You are?" She smiled back.

"Yeah. Even though I'm a little rusty right now..." you sighed "come on"

She nodded her head and followed you into the dark alleyway like corridor. The whole atmosphere around you was getting darker and darker with every second.

You were starting to feel a little uncomfortable with the fact that it was getting so dark you could barely see. There was some comfort with Angel being close behind you though.

And even more so when the light started to flood back the further you went. And there was, quite literally, light at the end of the tunnel.

"Oh thank god. Come on Angel" you said, picking up your pace to try get over to there.

The light wasn't a natural light though. It wasn't even normal artificial lighting. Instead, there was a low red glow to the air, which made the whole place look a whole lot more creepy and alien like.

"What is this place?" You breathed once you managed to come out the other end, walking around.

"I have no idea...maybe it's the Zygons lair" Angel suggested.

The place was absolutely huge. And really creepy looking. But what confused you were that the place was full of man sized pods? You weren't even sure what they really were.

So you walked over to one of them, wiping a hand over it to get rid of some of the cob webs. What you saw had you gasping in shock and jumping back, your eyes widening.

"Angel!" You whispered in a fearful tone "there's a person in here..."

"What?" She asked.

"A person..." you repeated, staring at the pod.

Inside was a girl. You had no idea who she was but her eyes were closed and she was just lying there. You moved over to another pod and wiped your hand over that too, seeing another person in there, making you take a few steps back.

You looked over to a random one, before your heart stopped at what you saw, of who you saw inside this one.

"Angel....it's you.."