Guard

You had been walking around for a few minutes and you were starting to give up on hope, thinking this place was just full of corridors upon corridors upon corridors. Until you came across a huge opening.

You were just casually walking until Missy quickly grasped you by your wrist, pulling you back. You were about to say something to her in surprise but she just put her finger to your lips, making you instantly shut up and blush stupidly.

She looked past the wall, poking her head out just slightly, while you felt completely frozen on the spot with your heart beating like crazy. You didn't know why she was standing so close to you nor why she felt the need to keep her fingers there and her arm around your waist. But you really didn't mind being this close to her, even though you were probably being weird just thinking like this when Missy was doing something completely normal. You just couldn't help your feelings.

"There are some people there" she whispered every so quietly to you, making you raise your eyebrows in sudden understanding.

You hadn't realised there were people there. You were half Missy grabbed you and pulled you back before they saw you. You didn't feel like getting shot at today. Which surprisingly was what you first thought of now when it came to people kidnapping other people. You realised just how much you were getting used to this. Maybe to a weird extent.

Missy slowly released you from her grip, her finger leaving your lips slowly, leaving you feeling cold. She stared down at your lips for a few moments which probably felt like longer than they actually were in your head, making you flush red in the cheeks. Before she turned around and was slowly peeking out to take a look again.

You did the same, standing just beside her, peeking your head out just past hers to see past the wall. There was a large double door with one person stood on the side. Their back was straight and their head ahead. You were now really glad Missy had pulled you back. They didn't look very friendly.

"They look like a guard" you whispered to Missy.

"Yes. Which begs the question of what they're guarding on the other side of that door" she whispered back, making you nod your head.

"I bet that's where they've taken Elvis" you whispered.

Missy nodded her head at that "most likely. God knows what they're doing in there. Especially to have guards outside guarding it like this. Clearly they don't want anyone getting inside. And those doors look soundproof. For all we know Elvis is screaming out for help in there" Missy whispered back to you, making you gulp slightly at that thought.

You really hoped Elvis was okay in there. Or anyone for that matter. You just simply didn't understand why it was that some aliens had the need to cause other creatures such pain. You definitely saw that with being tortured in the chair that one time. And to think that that was one of Missy's old friends...it send a shiver down your spine in disgust and fear.

On the other hand there was the simplistic things closer to home that portrayed the same thing among humans. Jason for example. Even your father. They had all caused you so much pain. You didn't like to think about that either, but they were no better. They just got angry all the time...maybe these aliens were angry at something too.

You didn't know. But mostly, you had come to the realisation that there was a sick was the fact that many of the creatures you had come across liked to make people scream because it made them happy?! It was as though people's screams were music to their ears. And it was done out of enjoyment more than anger. That was what made you afraid truly.

"What is that thing?" You asked, gesturing towards the guard.

It was slightly greenish bluish, with some red spikes across its forehead. It's eyes were dark black, you had no idea what they were. You had never seen something like it before. Though even still it did make you smile slightly at their beauty.

You were pretty sure it was a woman but couldn't be sure. They had long dark hair with a beautiful facial structure. It really was quite a magnificent creature.

"I'm not too sure. But my question is how are we going to get inside those doors to Elvis and past that guard" Missy replied quietly.

You nodded your head at that "that too...how are we going to get past it?" You asked.

Missy sighed before pulling back. You did the same, surprised with Missy's serious face. She sighed again heavily before wrapping her arms around your waist, making you look up at her.

"What happens now...I need you not to think anything of it okay. It doesn't mean anything" she said in a serious tone.

You furrowed your brows in confusion, trying to think what she was saying.

"It has to be done if we're going to get past. But when it does happen...I need you to run for the door and not even look back for me okay" she told you with a firm yet somehow also gentle tone.

"Wait what? When do I know when to run? What are you going to do?" You asked, bombarding her with questions.

So many scenarios of what she was about to do were popping up in your head and you were starting to stress out. Not only because you had no idea when to run for the door but also because it was sounding more and more like Missy was about to explode something to distract that guard. And not only that, she was making it sound like she would be injured somehow in this. Like she was going to sacrifice herself.

"Trust me, you'll know when to run. I just need you to remember...it has to be done and there's no other way. It means nothing I promise" she spoke.

You just stared at her in confusion and slightly dread, before she sighed, shaking her head. She lent forward, and kissed your cheek lightly. You stood there, feeling small tingles where her lips met your skin, and you hadn't realised you were frozen on the spot while Missy was already walking towards that guard.