Poisoned

You saw the girl, Hannah, walking down the street with a sly smile on her face. You were about to walk up to her before Missy quickly grabbed you, holding you back.

"Don't blow our cover. They'll catch her, we need to surround her invade she tries to run" she said.

You looked at her briefly before back at Hannah. You didn't like the idea of her being overrun and overtaken by an alien inside of her. You sure wouldn't want that. Jack was stood in front of her, giving her a long stare.

You were trying not to think about what Missy and you nearly did. You weren't sure if you were imagining things. You never expected Missy to actually want to kiss you, especially after she turned away last time. You thought that maybe it was the emotions going wild or something. There was no way she actually cared. Why would anyone care if even you didn't?

"What are they doing?" You whispered, looking at them.

"They're gonna try talk to her first. See if they can get any information out of her without needing to hurt her or anything" Missy told you "he's also the immortal one so if she does try to poison him he won't die"

You nodded your head, listening carefully to what they were saying. You couldn't help but feel completely useless here though. You weren't really doing much.

"Hannah. Or should I not call you that seeing as it's the alien inside of her that I'm talking to. What do you go by then? Got a name?" Jack said, watching her walk towards him.

"Hannah? Was that this pathetic human's name?" The blonde woman sniggered.

"You should let her go. She hasn't done anything to anyone. She's innocent in all of this" Jack said, his American accent coming through.

She started to laugh at that, a wild, maniac like laugh. It was honestly scary and it made you shiver uncomfortably. But it was worse when she suddenly stopped and simply stared at Jack, wearing a straight face with a small sneer.

"She's already gone" she said in a low tone "she won't be missed" she smiled creepily.

You felt yourself start to feel even more uncomfortable, your throat clogging up. This alien was using another persons body...corpse for their own purposes! It was disgusting. She should be given the decency and respect of resting in peace. No one should have been controlling her body. Alive or dead.

"You'll all the the same soon" she giggled at that "every single one of you"

You scoffed at that, knowing there was no way of that happening. No matter how much you wanted to die, or how you tried to do it, or how likely it seems that you would actually end up dead for real this time, it never happened. You were sure this was going to be the same.

"And how do you plan to do that?" Jack asked "because from where I'm standing, you're just one person at this point. You can't go against the whole of mankind. Seven billion people all against you and you think you can win?" Jack let out a single laugh "you should think again because this planet is protected"

However, she only started to laugh even harder at that. She seriously looked like a crazy person. She slowly lifted up the circular disc thing in her hand, smiling crazily.

"I can end it all. You're not the only ones who can open up that rift you know" she smirked.

Jack looked slightly shocked at that for a moment, staring in shock and confusion.

"What do you mean?!" He asked with a strong voice.

"I only need a few more deaths" she smiled before she shot a dart right at his heart.

"Hey!" The doctor shouted, running forward with Owen and Ryan.

Owen threw a device that was supposed to trap the creature, however she just vanished into thin air.

"Damn it!" Gwen hissed in annoyance.

You all ran towards Jack, and you stood, watching in horror as he started to choke and convulse on the floor. He was holding his throat like he couldn't breathe, and he looked like he couldn't breathe. You felt frozen in shock and fear at watching him dying on the ground. How many times did you have to watch this man die?

Graham got to the ground beside him, trying to talk to him. The other meme era of torchwood didn't look too worried about it. Neither did the doctor and Missy. Missy you were sure was only because of spite and she probably wouldn't mind if he was suffering.

You and Yaz was stood in horror. Ryan didn't look as panicked as you and Yaz, though still looked slightly disturbed. He was trying to ask either the doctor or Owen to help him.

You watched as Jack slowly stopped moving and making any noises. He was just lying there, not responding to Graham's or anyone's calls. He died...

"She's got away. We've got nothing!" Ianto exclaimed frustratedly.

"No Ianto, we have got something. Information. We now know she can open up the rift and for some people needs people to die. It sounded more than just her want to kill people, she obviously needs it for something. See, we've learnt loads today!" The doctor countered, still somehow able to be jolly after everything,

"I can't be here" you whispered "he's not coming back...he's really dead.."

"No, he always does that. Don't worry" Gwen tried to reassure you.

"Look at him! He's dead. I..I'm sorry doctor but I can't do this. I want to go back to the TARDIS. I hate this place. I hate Earth...I hate everything here! I hate all the death!" You exclaimed shakily.

"Love, calm down. He's alright." Missy tried to speak to you.

"No! He's not coming back look at him! Please doctor don't make me stay here, I wanna go back" you said desperately, your lips wobbling slightly.

The doctor sighed "he's fine (y/n). But of course, you can go back. Just, snap your fingers" her face was full of sympathy and worry.

"I know" you said quickly "I just have to go"

You started to walk away, but Missy caught your arm like she did before, turning you to look at her.

"Missy before you say anything, you shouldn't waste your breath on me. I'm not special I'm fucked up in the head. There's a difference. I can't be here any longer. Do you even understand what I'm thinking about every time I see another corpse. My family! The last thing I ever did was argue with them and..." your voice cracked and your throat knotted up, forcing you to stop speaking.

You shook your head, pulling away from her and walking away before she had a chance to say anything.