Pills

"Doctor, I actually wanted to talk to you about something" You said, breaking the silence "I was looking for you before"

She nodded her head "of course. What is it?" She asked.

You bit your lip nervously "um...I was wondering if you had any sleeping pills. I know I was against that stuff before but I just...really need some rest. I need to get some sleep and I can't seem to do it on my own. Along with the fact that I'm kind of afraid I'll have a nightmare" you mumbled.

She sighed "sure. Come with me" she said, walking out of the room, as you followed behind.

You went into the medical bay which thankfully the TARDIS had moved closer for you. You didn't want to keep on walking around. You were really starting to get fatigued. You couldn't actually remember the last time you had slept. It was probably when you cut yourself. If that even counted as sleep. It was more of a faint due to blood loss.

You lent against the wall as she shuffled through some cupboards. You raised your brow when she only came back with two pills in her hand out towards you.

"Only two?" You asked, taking them from her.

"Yeah they should be enough to help you get to sleep." She replied.

"Why don't you just get me the packet?" You asked.

She sighed at that "because I don't want you to do something stupid with these pills (y/n)." She said.

You frowned at that "I'm not going to do anything like that doctor. I promised. I'm properly trying now and actually I feel a lot better now. You don't need to worry about that anymore" I told her confidently.

She nodded her head "I know, it's just that I need to be sure. I'm not taking any chances with your life (y/n). Just come to me every night I'll give you the right amount. I also want you to take the pills in front of me" she said.

You frowned deeply at that "why?! Do you seriously not trust me that much?!" You asked.

When she didn't reply and refused to look in your eyes, you sighed heavily, shaking your head. You knew she was being careful and trying to look out for you but you couldn't help but feel upset by this. You didn't want her to think that you would do something like that. For it to be in the back of her head always.

You appreciated that it was hard, it must have been, to get rid of those thoughts and worries, especially after that stupid stunt you pulled. But you were really trying to change. And you hoped that she saw that. You sighed heavily, your shoulders sagging slightly, a frown on your face.

"Fine" you muttered bitterly "seeing as you can't trust me"

"It's not a punishment" the doctor quickly said, looking up at you "I just...care too much for you to try something. You're going through a good time right now but I can't promise that another bad phase won't come during our trips. Something might trigger you and as much as I try to protect all of you from things like this, I can't promise your safety all the time. Especially for someone who doesn't tend to listen to my rule about wandering off" she said.

You rolled your eyes, a small smile on your lips at that.

"I don't even wander off that much. I haven't for the last few trips" you smiled proudly.

She smiled back at that "I guess not. But I still want you to take them in front of me. Do you need any water?" She asked.

You shook your head "nah I've learnt how not to" you smiled.

She nodded her head at that. You brought your hand to your lips, popping the two pills into your mouth. You swallowed them down quickly, thankful that there wasn't any disgusting taste to them. Those were the only ones you struggled to swallow without water.

"Okay, good. They should take around about an hour to kick in so you have plenty of time to get changed. Get to sleep yeah. I think I'm going to go lay with Yaz now too" she said.

You smiled at that before smirking "or you know...there are other things you could do in bed with her" you grinned.

She rolled her eyes, her cheeks turning red at that, making you laugh at her.

"Go to your room (y/n)" she mumbled embarrassingly, shaking her head.

You laughed "Alright alright. You sound like your grounding me or something like my mum" you giggled, before walking away "Goodnight doctor. I'm sure it'll be very good for you and Yaz. Or should I say eventful?"

You giggled, quickly walking away before the doctor could say anything to you, leaving her standing there with red cheeks. You made your way to your room, picking out something to wear.

You picked out just some random soft clothes, changing into them in your room. You got yourself ready in your bathroom and everything for the night, brushing your teeth and everything. You couldn't wait to get these bandages off your arms. It was just a few scars now. Nothing else.

You were about to get into your bed, slipping under the covers before realising how cold it felt. You suddenly realised how quiet it was, and how alone you were. You felt very lonely indeed in your room all alone. You didn't want to be like this.

You quickly got out of your bed, opening the door and heading towards Missy's room. You hoped she wouldn't mind. She didn't mine before...then again, she might have changed her mind. Especially after all of Yaz's teasing.

You took in a deep breath, shaking your head. You didn't have time to think like this. Literally, there was only around fifteen minutes left until the pills kicked in.

Yo found your way to Missy's room, standing outside of the familiar door. You lifted your hand up, your fist knocking on the door lightly, waiting for an answer.