Song

You had all been dancing around like crazy for ages. Elvis said he had the perfect song in mind to sing, however he wanted to perform last. He said his doing was going to be the ultimate slow dance song. Though everyone was already slow dancing anyways.

You walked over to the piano, asking Graham to stop the music for a moment so that you could start to play. You knew the party was coming to an end now and you had the perfect song to sing. You kind of wanted to express how you felt about everything that had been happening lately. About all the events and everything you were feeling.

You sat down at the piano, placing your fingers over the keys after fixing the microphone a little. You cleared your throat slightly, smiling slightly when seeing some people looking at you, including Missy. This reminded you a lot of your job at the pub to perform. Except this time you felt good about letting your friends see you here. You had also restrained yourself from drinking too much. You didn't want to get drunk. Not yet anyways. Especially on the day the doctor and Yas were supposed to have fun.

You took a deep breath before you started to sing the song in mind. You smiled as the perfect couple were dancing with their arms around each other. You were going to make it even better for them.

"There's glitter on the floor after the party
Girls carrying their shoes down in the lobby
Candle wax and Polaroids on the hardwood floor
You and me from the night before but"

You watched as the doctor and Yaz smiled at each other, their foreheads gently pressing together.

"Don't read the last page
But I stay when you're lost and I'm scared and you're turning away
I want your midnights
But I'll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year's Day"

You glanced over at Missy who was watching you play. You kept eye contact with her, continuing on with the song.

"You squeeze my hand three times in the back of the taxi
I can tell that it's going to be a long road
I'll be there if you're the toast of the town babe
Or if you strike out and you're crawling home"

You felt a small blush creep up to your cheeks as you realised how much you meant those words. You would be there for her in the best and worst times of her life. Forever and always. If only she knew.

"Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you
Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you
And I will hold on to you"

You looked over at the doctor and Yas, smiling as they gently sang to each other. They really looked in love, holding each other strongly in their arms as if never to let go. You wished you could have that with Missy. But you could barely talk to her let alone actually slow dance while singing something like that to her.

The most you could do was look over at Missy whole you sing right now. And that's what you did. You looked over at Missy, making eye contact with those beautiful blue eyes from across the road, secretly hoping she knew you were singing to her. Especially the next part.

"Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere
Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere"

You didn't want Missy to ever leave you. Not like the doctor had done all those years ago when you were sixteen. You dreaded to think what you would do without the doctor alone if she left again. All your friends, Ryan and Yas and Graham too.

But it was Missy you truly dreaded leaving you. You didn't want her to drop you back on Earth all alone. Especially with your feelings all over the place for her right now. You had only just figured out how you felt...only just accepted it. You loved her. Maybe it wasn't that strong when yo first met her. Maybe it was just some stupid crush you had on her. But you definitely felt something even then. And now it was turning into something so much more. So much stronger. You weren't sure how much more you could take of it.

It wasn't just the fear of her leaving you back on earth that scared you and completely forgetting you. But it was also the possibility of her ending her life and leaving you alone. Like that one time...

You finally understood what the others felt like when you tried to do the same thing. How the doctor felt most of the time. She cared for you like a mother. And you were thankful for the doctor. She was the closest thing to a mother you had. Even if sometimes it annoyed you how much of a mother she was.

"Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere
Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere"

You sang the last few words softly, staring at Missy who stared right back. She seemed to be feeling something inside when you sang to her like that. Her eyes swirled with emotion that you couldn't quite understood meant. She swallowed slightly before looking away, getting another drink.

You looked over at the doctor and Yaz, seeing them smiling at each other with a loving look, staring into each other's eyes, their hands gently caressing wherever they were holding the other from, the shoulders, the waist, their hands...

They leaned forward towards each other, tilting their heads the other way before capturing each others lips in a love filled hostage. They smiled into the kiss they shared, and you could practically see the fireworks and lighting made of love flying through them both.