Night

You waited for the door to open, hoping that Missy wouldn't mind. Actually, you just hoped she would open the door at this point. For all you knew she wasn't even in her room. Time lords didn't even sleep as long as you did.

Just as you were about to go turn away and head back towards your room, the door opened up, revealing Missy standing there with her hair half up and half down, like she was half way through letting it all down. She was wearing some random clothes. You looked at her, admiring her features for a moment before smiling at her.

"Hey" you smiled.

"Hi" she replied.

You both just stood there for a few moments, staring into each others eyes. You swallowed slightly, feeling your cheeks get hot and red.

"I...I hope you don't mind but...I really didn't want to be alone.." you stumbled over your words slightly, blushing red.

She smiled at that "of course love. You know you're always welcome to spend the night with me if you need" she bit her lip slightly at that, before opening the door "come in"

You smiled "thank you. I..had some of those sleeping pills the doctor gave me. I'll probably be knocked out soon. I'm starting to feel a bit dreary...like I can't concentrate on anything.." you wanted to add 'other than you' on the end of that sentence, but kept your mouth shut, instead just blushing stupidly.

She smiled, taking out bobby pins in her hair, more licks getting released "okay then. You should just lay down then. Hopefully you'll get a good nights rest" she said.

You nodded your head, heading towards the bed, slipping under the covers. You smiled, snuggling into the pillows. You watched Missy continue to release her hair, yawning slightly as you rubbed your eyes.

"You know, I was thinking of giving the doctor and Yaz their date night tomorrow" you told her.

She nodded her head "sounds good. We can get the girls to do their shopping with us. Not to mention how I get to pick out another dress" she smiled excitedly.

"You look good in a dress" you whispered.

Missy grinned at that "thank you love"

You nodded your head, staring at her in awe. Your heart was fluttering in your chest. You wanted to say something. Maybe find the right time though.

"I got the boys to get the venue ready. We've got this all sorted out" you mumbled, closing your eyes slightly "I can't wait"

She chuckled "they need a day to themselves." Missy said softly, and you felt the bed dip beside you.

You felt her wrap her arms around you, and you snuggled in closer to her, resting your head on her chest. Her warmth surrounded and enveloped you, making you hum in content. You smiled at the sound of her heartbeats in your ear, drumming away. And the soft, rhythmic rise and fall of her chest from her breaths helped you get relaxed and feel at peace. You always liked listening to her heartbeats before going to bed. It just helped lull you to sleep.

"You looked nice today" Missy whispered "as annoying as Yaz is, she has good taste"

You felt your heart flutter at that. She thought you looked nice. You smiled tiredly, holding onto her shirt slightly.

"You looked better. You're beautiful" you mumbled tiredly.

She smiled "so are you love" she kissed the top of your head softly, and you felt her soft lips press on your forehead "you're always beautiful"

You felt her hand start to run through your hair, her fingers gently scratching your scalp, massaging it gently. You hummed happily, smiling, snuggling into her more.

"So are you. Today has just been..." you sighed "eventful"

Missy chuckled at that, her chest vibrating "it sure has been. Next time we'll cook for each other"

"So there's gonna be a next time?" You smiled.

You heard her hearts start to race slightly at that "i..if you want..." she stuttered slightly "I would.."

You smiled, nodding your head "yeah I would" you replied "we can cook together. Or surprise each other?"

"Cook together obviously. I get to spend more time with you that way" she replied with ease, making your face heat up "though anything will be better than today"

You giggled "yeah. That was just...disgusting and..." you shivered uncomfortably "scary"

You could still remember the girl hung up next to you, cut and sliced open, her whole arm ripped off and her organs spilling out of her. And all the blood...you often saw incredible, amazing and just beautiful things when travelling. But sometimes you got the opposite. You saw things that horrified you, scared you and made you want to throw up. Things that would change you...or bring back old memories.

Missy senses your discomfort and gently shushed in your ear, her hand coming to cup the back of your head, holding it against her chest, and her arm cane to wrap around your waist, holding you close.

"It's okay. I won't let anything happen to you. Ever. You won't be put in danger. I'll do everything I can to get you out of those situations. To protect you" she told you.

You smiled, feeling like you could drop off to sleep any second "that's a bold thing to say when we do this kind of thing every day" you mumbled tiredly.

She swallowed "well I thought...when I didn't know where you were I thought..." she bit her lip nervously at that, and you felt her hold around you tighten "I can't let anything happen to you" she mumbled against your head.

You smiled at that, your heart feeling all warm and fuzzy. You felt your heart rate increasing and your stomach getting butterflies, the heat rushing to your cheeks. You loved this feeling. All these feelings inside and also having her warm body up so close to you.

She smiled at seeing you drift off to sleep, whispering gently "Goodnight love"

You smiled "Goodnight angel" you whispered.