Waking up

You woke up with a small groan, feeling your head throb slightly. You shifted slightly before slowly blinking your eyes open, glad that there weren't bright lights in the room. The lighting was dim and there was a nice amount of glow in the room. It helped with your headache.

"Hey" you heard a voice next to you.

You opened your eyes properly, feeling a hand rest on your forearm gently as another held a hand. You looked around and smiled when seeing Missy sitting on the edge of the bed with you. She must have been waiting for you to wake up.

"Hey" you whispered back before clearing your dry throat "can I have some water?" You asked quietly.

She nodded her head before reaching over to the bedside table and pouring you some water. She helped you sit up, a few groans coming from the back of your throat as you did so. Your body felt weak and still slightly out of it. You weren't surprised with the amount of blood loss you had.

Missy placed a hand on your back while you sat up properly, bringing the glass of water up to your lips. You drank it eagerly, the crisp water helping your dry throat, making you close your eyes in relief. You didn't realise how much you needed water.

"Do you want another glass?" Missy asked you once you had finished, bringing the glass away as you wiped your face. 

You shook your head "no thanks" you replied with a small smile "how long have I been out for?" You asked her quietly.

She sighed a little "a good few hours. The doctor checked you over you don't have any injuries or anything. And there wasn't any need for a blood transfusion. You just needed some rest" she told you.

You nodded your head before running a hand through your hair, wincing slightly at the thought of needing a shower. Though you noticed the blood on your neck was no longer there.

"Oh, I got some wipes and cleaned off all the blood" Missy spoke up, seeing your confused face.

You nodded your head at that before smiling to her "thanks. God that vampire really bit me..." you mumbled in disbelief "I can't believe I fell for it.."

"Yeah you really scared me you know. When I heard you screaming..." Missy trailed off a little, shaking her head "you don't ever do that to me again okay"

You smiled before nodding your head "I promise. But...it was the doctors fault so,.."

Missy laughed at that, smiling at you before moving so she was sat in front of you. She held both your hands in hers, moving forward to rest her forehead against yours. You smiled, feeling all happy and warm inside that she was so close to you.

"You can't keep on scaring me like that. I'm serious.." she whispered "my hearts can't take it. And...I don't wanna be hearing screams of pain from you ever again okay. Anyone who tries that will suffer the same fate as that Eva" she said lowly.

You gulped slightly at that, remembering her body in the ground. Remembering how Missy shot her. How Eva's body was just lying on the ground losing blood...how angry she looked..how hurt she looked. Because of Missy...

You gulped slightly at that, breathing slightly heavier in worry. You shifted uncomfortably before making eye contact with Missy again.

"I..is she dead? After you shot her...?" You asked in a whisper.

She told you before that she wasn't but you were afraid that she wasn't telling you the truth. You were nearly passed out...

"No" Missy reassured you "believe me. The doctor may not have come across vampires before but doesn't mean that I haven't. Bastards are hard to kill" she muttered the last part to herself.

You nodded your head at that. She would be fine. Thank god. But it just let you know what would happen if she knew about Jason. And of course...he wouldn't be able to survive a bullet wound.

Missy placed a hand on your cheek and looked at you "it's you I'm worried about. I can't have anything happen to you.."

You smiled a little, blushing slightly "it's okay. I'm fine, I always am. It's kinda hard to get rid of me" you smiled at her.

She smiled at that before biting her lip and gulping a little, leaning forward to press her forehead against yours again.

"What you said...before you fell forwards...you were about to tell me something" she spoke, and you could feel her breath on your face.

You licked your lips a little at that, knowing exactly what she was talking about. She was talking about how you almost confessed your love to her. And god...you were so close to it.

"What were you about to say (y/n)?" She whispered, her lips incredibly close to yours, her arms sneaking around your waist.

You could feel your heart beating wildly in your chest. You knew she knew what you were going to say. You couldn't help but smile with a big red blush, moving your lips closer to hers and acting upon your feelings.

Only for you to both be knocked to the side as the TARDIS jolted very suddenly to the side, like the whole ship had been hit or something.

You lifted yourself up, slightly startled as Missy helped you up.

"You okay?" She asked as you nodded your head in response.

"What was that?" You asked in questioning, looking around.

She made eye contact with you before shrugging slightly. You had a bad feeling about this though. Something didn't feel right. Something...big was happening. Something bad. You could feel it in the pit of your stomach.

Missy must have also felt it because she jumped up off the bed and onto her feet, getting right into action. And you followed close behind her, finding out what was going on.