Dining room

"So...do you two have any kids of your own?" You asked with a smile, walking through the buildings hallways and rooms.

"Oh no" Karmilla chuckled "well not yet anyways. I think we need to have a little time before that. You know, plan something as big as that and make sure we're ready for the responsibilities to come" she told you.

"Makes sense" you nodded your head, knowing full well your pregnancy wasn't planned at all. It would have been good to get some kind of a warning before everything came tumbling over you.

"Have you got any kids of your own?" Karmilla asked, making you tense up slightly and freeze just for a fraction of a second, only to continue as if nothing had happened.

You couldn't let your guard down. You couldn't crack under your own dark thoughts. And you definitely, couldn't let the others see your pain. It never did you any good...not on earth anyways. You didn't know these people, you couldn't let yourself be vulnerable around them. They could take advantage of your weakness...You couldn't be hurt again.

"No...no I don't have my kids" you replied, trying to keep your voice steady and swallow down the lump growing into your throat.

"Is it because you're dating Missy. She's female am I correct? I've heard humans can't reproduce that way with other females. You're a weird species" Karmilla giggled a little at the end.

You sighed before shrugging "yeah we don't work that way. I guess we are weird. The human race is very weird" you replied.

You soon entered the building's dining room, a small gasp leaving your mouth. You remembered this place when you were delivering Cobi to the chief. This whole place was full of people that day, all excited about the new arrival.

"Memories are already flooding back I can see" Cobi laughed softly, looking over at you before he shook his head "everyone comes together here to have breakfast together. In our culture we all come together every morning, I guess it strengthens our community and our bond between each other. The other meals" he shrugged a little "you can have at your own home."

"Yeah, and everyone contributes some kind of food from their own homes for breakfast. I guess it also makes sure everyone gets at least one meal in the day" Karmilla added with a smile.

"That's amazing" you smiled "I really like your guys culture you know. It's..admirable" you told them sincerely.

"It's just the way we do things here" Cobi smiled "all of us are together, each of us equal and friends. Community is at the heart of everything here"

"It's nice to see some harmony" you told him with the nod of your head "admirable indeed"

You all made your ways over to sit down on one of the tables, you opposite both Karmilla and Cobi, looking at them both. They really seemed happy together, and just..happy here, in this village.

"Hello Cobi, Karmilla. How was the forest? What mischief did you get up to this time? Actually don't answer that, here's your breakfast" an old lady came walking down the room, placing plates down in front of Cobi and Karmilla each.

"Hello Gace" Cobi smiled.

"Hiya" Karmilla smiled, waving her hand a little.

Grace smiled before she glanced over at you, raising a brow in response. You just stared back for a moment, watching as confusion was written all over her face, yet curiosity.

"And who might you be love?" She asked in a kind voice, making you laugh a little and smile awkwardly.

"Um...(y/n). My name is (y/n)(l/n)" you replied, nodding your head a little in response to her.

Her eyes widened at that before she shook her head "you're joking...okay come on dear what's your real name? You know you can trust us we're nice" she smiled "just don't go around picking a name like that. So what's your name. I'm Grace...and you are...." she trailed off, waiting for you to respond.

"(Y/n)" you replied simply, furrowing your brows a little "why are you so shocked and surprised by that? It's my name. What am I some kind of ledgers over here?" You asked with a small laugh, shaking your head in amusement at that thought.

"Well...yeah you kind of are. All of you to be honest. You, Ryan, Graham, Yas, Missy, the Doctor. Each one of you are people we look up to. Well, Missy, not the master, her past version. But you get what I mean" Cobi replied, making your eyes widen while he ate his breakfast in a nonchalant manner.

"Wait...you're telling me I'm basically famous here?" You asked in shock.

"Yeah. Oh and Grace she really is (y/n)." Karmilla giggled in amusement "tell her Cobi"

"Oh well you know how I can remember basically everything and the first thing I do remember is (y/n)? Yeah well I can recognise her face. It's really her Grace" Cobi smiled, making the elderly lady widen her eyes and stare at you with twice as much shock as the first time, making you laugh a little.

"Hey" you waved your hand awkwardly, glancing back at Cobi and Karmilla with uncertainty.

"Wow...you have to tell the chief! Let him know you've got (y/n) here! Are the others with you too?" She asked excitedly.

"Unfortunately not" Cobi replied "but don't worry I'm going to tell dad soon" he told her.

"Well in that case, you hungry (y/n)?" Grace asked with a friendly smile, making you nod your head slowly.

"Yeah, kind of" you replied to her, making her smile.

"Lucky I always make more servings then" she replied before reaching over and grabbing another plate of food, putting it down in front of you "eat up darling. And it's good to have you back here again. And nice meeting you" she smiled.

"Thank you" you replied before smiling back "nice meeting you too"