Out

Missy nodded her head, her own cheeks slightly red as you both cleared your throats, shifting about in your seats. Missy cooled down, leaning forward on the table, looking at you with a small grin. She raised a brow, shrugging her shoulders a little.

"Or...you know, we could just...ignore everything we just heard and..." she grinned "carry on"

You bit your lip, leaning forward slightly. You weren't really sure what she was getting at. You weren't even sure if Missy was being serious. Or if she was trying to make a move on you or not. But you did want to see where it would have gone...

"You're right..." you whispered "we could just pretend like we didn't hear a person scream and continue like nothing happened" you suggested.

"Hmm, and not think about what happened at all. Or why someone is screaming in a nice..well, decently nice place" she said, looking around the place.

You sighed "yeah...we need to check it out don't we" you grumbled.

She laughed a little "well we can do. We probably should"

"It's what the doctor would do" you raised a brow.

"And you want to be like her?" She snorted slightly at that, making you giggle at her reaction "I wouldn't change one bit if I were you. You're perfect love" she told you softly.

You felt a rush of heat to your cheeks, turning bright red as your heart started to flutter happily in your chest. The butterflies were soaring in your stomach and you looked down to hide your face, or the stupid grin that was on your face. She made you feel really special sometimes. And you just wanted to say something. If only your stupid nerves wouldn't get in the way.

These feelings you were feeling with your fluttering heart or your blushing red cheeks or the butterflies in your stomach could be a blessing and feel amazing at times, but at others they really felt like a burden. Like they were literally stopping you from just speaking up like you wanted to.

"Come on then" Missy whispered "we should take a look around. There's no one else here to see us wandering around" She smiled.

You smiled back at her "okay then. But I think there is this one guy who kept on staring at us..." you trailed off when turning around and seeing an empty chair.

You furrowed your brows, looking around. You swore he was just there only a few moments ago. You frowned slightly, thinking that maybe he left already or something. He might have just finished his dinner or something. You just...thought you had the feeling of him being something...off.

"Well there's no one here now. Come on, let's go explore around" Missy said, making you look back around at her.

You smiled "I suppose so. Let's go take a look" you said.

You both stood up, tucking the chairs back under the table and walking around the place. You tried to stay out of the way of any waiters, which wasn't too difficult considering there were hardly any people or workers around at all.

"Where did that scream come from? It sounded like a girl being attacked or something" you asked in a whisper.

"I think it was down this way. Which is where the kitchen staff is I think." Missy replied quietly.

"Oh" you said "maybe it's just a chef or something who accidentally cut their finger" you suggested "I used to do that when I was sixteen you know, a lot! I had to figure out how to cook properly on my own and I was a lost sheep back then. It hurt when I cut myself too you know." You told her "I've got all the practice in now though, I'm a top master chef" you grinned.

Missy chuckled at that "nice to know. You can cook really good though. I had lessons from some historical chefs on how to cook some really good food. That's a story for another time though" she said.

"Oh my gosh your pancakes tasted incredible though. And you can flip them!" You giggled lightly.

"Okay shh. I think this is where the kitchen is." Missy whispered, crouching behind the wall and looking out to the room.

You creeped to just look past her shoulder, seeing a nice, lavish looking kitchen. All metal and shiny and clean.

However there seemed to be a horrific stench coming from somewhere else. And also, you couldn't see any chefs or workers again. You were really starting to wonder where everyone was around here. It looked completely deserted.

"What's that smell? And where is everyone around here?" You asked quietly, scrunching up your face at the horrid smell.

"I'm not sure. But I think the smell is coming from that door" Missy replied in a whisper, pointing at a wooden door just beside you.

You both crept over, and you reached out to try the door, crossing your fingers that it wasn't locked or anything. You really didn't want to waste time picking another lock with your bobby pin. Someone might notice both of you missing and then catch you snooping around. They probably would call the police for trying to break an entering. You didn't want to go to prison, especially some weird alien prison.

This was just supposed to be one nice dinner with Missy and a lot was going out of plan already. Not just with your feelings and actions, but also with people screaming bloody murder!

You turned the handle, and breathed a sigh of relief, laughing lightly in joy. You opened the door, and both you and Missy stepped down into the dark room.

You nearly gagged at the smell in here. It smelt like dead people. Literally. You had to place a hand over your nose and mouth, moving around and trying to navigate your way through the room.

You nearly screamed when seeing an arm looking like it was ripped from a body, blood dripping down from it and just hanging there. You nearly vomited at the sight, about to call out for Missy.

But before you could you heard a body collapse to the ground behind you, and before you even had the chance to look and see what just happened, something hard swung against your head, knocking you out cold.