Engines

You all started to walk down the ship, looking around for the engine room. Missy somehow seemed to know where you were going but you had no idea. You were glad you were with Elvis and her though. You would have hated to have been lost all on your own. You hated to admit it but it was still one of your big fears, like some phobia. You just didn't like the idea of getting lost. You always got anxious at the thought of that.

So you put your faith in Missy, not that you doubted her or anything. But you were still curious as to how she even knew her way around here.

"Missy...are you sure you know where we're going?" You asked.

"Yes" she replied simply without hesitation.

"Good. It's just...we're not lost are we? How do you even know where we are right now?" You asked, making sure to keep up with her.

"There was a map on the computer before. I memorised it. I can also remember where we came from, every corridor. I know the route back to the TARDIS so don't worry love, we're completely fine. I know what I'm doing" she told you in reassurance, making you nod your head and breathe a sigh of quiet relief.

"Well I'm just wondering how long I have to spend going around in circles here" Elvis said with a huff.

"We're not going round in circles" Missy said.

"Can't you just get me back home? I've had enough adventures with the doctor to have learnt that I'm much happier with my feet planted on the ground. Firm, solid Earth" he said.

"That's a bit boring isn't it? Don't you want to live on the edge a little?" I asked with a smile.

"Not really. I think I'm happier where I am doing what I do best. Which doesn't include hunting and taking down aliens by the way" he said.

"We don't hunt for aliens, that just sort of comes along with it I guess. We travel to see beautiful things out there in the universe. And along the way we see people trying to mess around. All we do is put them back into line" you told him.

"Yeah I guess so." He chuckled lightly.

"Right, come on you two. The engine room should be in here" Missy announces, getting both your attentions.

You watched as she went over to one of the doors, following behind her as she opened it open. She peaked in a little to check for any guards or something, before stepping in.

You stepped in behind her, and raised your brows when seeing the state inside.

"I thought engines were support to be outside the ship?" Elvis asked.

"Yeah me too?" You said, staring at the two giant engines in the room right there.

"They usually are but sometimes they have engines inside which basically power the bigger engines outside to move the ship. Without these, this ship would barely move. And by the looks of things, they aren't working" Missy explained, stepping towards one.

"Because the ship doesn't have enough energy to power them?" You asked.

"Because it's damaged and they're using it all on life support for us lot and the organs everywhere?" Elvis added.

Missy smiled at you both, nodding her head "yes! Well don't both of you. You're really getting the hang of this. Okay, so now for the next part of the plan" she said.

"What are you planning on doing?" You asked.

"Well we need to stop this ship from moving altogether. Stop them all from this. We can't let them go around kidnapping and abducting people and dissecting them like this anymore. Think of how many lives are at stake" she exclaimed.

"Well...are these engines actually working?" You asked.

"Barely. That's what's getting the bigger ones outside going...barely. Without these ones they won't even work at all" she said "I think the whole ship wouldn't work without it. These are also wired to the main systems"

You walked slowly towards her, thinking to yourself until you were stood in front of her, looking up into her blue orbs.

"Well technically all we have to do is stop these engines from working then right. That stops the ship from moving and if it's connected to the main systems then the whole place stops working. Including those teleports. So no more abductions" you smiled proudly.

Missy smiled back at you before cupping your face and kissing both your cheeks one by one, making you blush instantly as a rush of heat went to your cheeks, reddening them.

"You, are getting really smart" she booped your nose with a small giggle, making you smile widely.

"Not as smart as you but thanks angel" you smiled shyly.

"Are you two together?" Elvis interrupted, making you quickly jump back.

"No" you mumbled "I mean...well.." you made eye contact with her briefly, wondering what she would think about dating "we're friends"

"Yeah" Missy nodded her head slowly, before looking down at the ground with a small frown.

"Yeah but very close friends. You're basically dating right?" Elvis pressed with a smile.

"We really don't need to have this conversation" you laughed awkwardly "hey Missy, so erm...how are we going to get these engines to stop working altogether?" You asked, genuinely curious as to how you would do that.

Missy's face lit up slightly at that as she smiled brightly.

"Well, we need to get into the engine itself and shut it down. There's usually some wires we can mess around with" she said easily, before looking around the engine.

She smiled when getting near the engine surface where it was just barely blasting, but you could feel the slight heat there. You watched as Missy pulled a part next to it, admiring her strength. You just bet those muscles of hers would look great when flexing like this.

You smiled to yourself stupidly for a few moments, getting lost in your imagination before the panel was pulled on completely and Missy released a proud smile.

"Right then, let's get to work" Missy grinned.