Chapter 3 Discovery

"Don't go." Xiao Yuhe hurriedly stopped Qiu Ran, then said dejectedly: "It's useless to go."

Qiu Ran stomped her feet on the spot twice, but finally gave up.

Duan Shubai led the soldiers to inspect the collapsed and unoccupied houses. The short ones were taller than others, and found a few houses that were barely livable and sheltered from the rain. Said: "Brothers, just settle down for a few days."

The one hundred and fifty soldiers who followed were all Duan Shubai's confidantes, and they were loyal to him, otherwise they would not have been willing to follow him all the way to Yangzhou to take up a post and reciprocate Duan Shubai naturally couldn't treat them badly.

Zhang Changle brought the gang leaders to distribute the dinner, carrying boxes of steamers, and the steaming heat dispelled the coldness of Yangcheng.

The sky was getting dark, the sky was cloudy, and it seemed that ghosts and wolves were about to howl. Duan Shubai drank two cups of hot wine with the people in the house of the practitioner, took two hot steamed buns in the steamer, and strode towards his residence. From the looks of it, he and Xiao Yuhe are husband and wife, so they naturally want to live together, and in the current situation, there is no room for extra accommodation.

Duan Shubai loves wine, the greatest hobby in his life is wine. He had just drank a few bowls of hot wine, and his stomach was warm, but he was not in a hurry to eat. He walked on the Qingshi Road in Yangcheng, looked left and then again, evaluating the situation in Yangcheng in his heart.

After several days of cloudy and rainy weather, coupled with the fact that it was getting late, there were few pedestrians on the street. He noticed that there were billowing drops of water falling on the moldy wall at the corner of the street. And the gloomy feeling, the surroundings are terrifyingly quiet, only the wanton noise of the wind, listen carefully, it seems that there are faint crying sounds mixed in the wind sound, but when you listen again, the crying sound is gone.

Duan Shubai said in his heart: What Yangcheng is, the name is too misleading, it is more or less the same as Yincheng.

The whole city has a musty smell.

The hot steamed bun in his hand gradually became cold, he picked up the steamed bun that was still hot, and was about to bite it down, when a gaze that could not be ignored was staring at him, Duan Shubai looked from where the gaze came from.

Under the corner not far away, stood a little boy in shabby clothes. The boy seemed to be about seven or eight years old. He was wrapped in gray and black shabby clothes like a cloth bag. His body was frighteningly thin, as if only bones existed, maybe he was too thin , it seemed that the boy's head was much larger than his body. At this moment, the boy with wide-eyed eyes was staring straight at him, or at the steamed bun in his hand.

He took a deep breath, as if smelling the aroma of steamed buns from afar, and swallowed hard his saliva.

Duan Shubai looked at the pitiful child, walked up to the boy, and handed him the steamed bun in his hand.

The little black hands tremblingly saw the steamed buns, and they held them in their arms like treasures, those black eyes stared straight at Duan Shubai, as if they wanted to swallow him up, the little boy bent his waist and legs, knelt down and kowtowed Said : "Thank you, sir."

"Hey, hey, get up." Duan Shubai couldn't accept people kneeling casually, he squatted down to help the boy up, and persuaded him for a while: "Why don't you eat." The

boy laughed After a while, the teeth became white, "Take it back and give it to mother."

"You are filial." Duan Shubai also gave him another steamed bun, "you eat one, and leave one for mother." The

little boy embraced Looking at the two treasures that are more precious than gold, he was a little at a loss. He took a bite of the steamed bun with a cherished look, as if he was eating some delicacies from mountains and seas.

Duan Shubai had mixed feelings in his heart, and after a while he said: "It's getting late, go home quickly."

Duan Shubai continued walking, and soon arrived at his resting place. This one is much better, at least it has all internal organs, the roof has not collapsed, and there are no holes in the wall. The two soldiers guarding the door saw him and greeted him immediately: "General."

Duan Shubai smiled and nodded in response, and then said a few words of concern.

After taking a battle bath in the cubicle, washing away the mud, sand and gravel on his body, he put on his white uniform and opened the door to enter the room. A red candle was lit in the room, which was brightly lit. Xiao Yuhe was already on the "bed" went to bed.

Duan Shubai raised his eyebrows and saw the scene inside the house clearly. Compared with when he left, it looked like new. The old broken wooden bed was cleaned out, and Xiao Yuhe slept in four dowry boxes. On the "simple bed" of the wooden box, five or six layers of quilts were spread on the wooden box, and a bright yellow gauze curtain was pulled up. Xiao Yuhe's figure could be faintly seen in the gauze curtain. What made Duan Shubai speechless was that the wooden box There was actually a layer of yellow silk and satin on the wall against which the box bed was leaning.

Not far away, the wooden box used as a table was also covered with silk, and on top of the silk was a small white bowl containing uneaten bird's nest.

Silk, bird's nest... This black sheep, Duan Shu's white and black thread, he thought that a cold steamed bun outside would be like a treasure for others, but the bird's nest here for three or four taels of silver was abandoned like a shoe.

Under the comparison between the two sides, Duan Shubai had to lament that the gap between the rich and the poor is really big.

It's no wonder that those poor families rebelled... It's really hard to survive.

Duan Shubai walked to the bed, opened the curtain, Xiao Yuhe was sleeping soundly under the brocade quilt, his white and soft face was sunken in the soft pillow, like a freshly peeled egg, he was wearing a In the exquisite bright yellow satin pajamas, Duan Shubai leaned down - sniffed his body, and commented: It looks like a small milk bag.

Before arriving in Yangzhou, Duan Shubai felt that Xiao Yuhe was the kind of delicate young man of Yangzhou's skinny horse type, thin and thin, but in Yangzhou, he saw these dark and thin residents, especially the In the eyes of Duan Shubai, Xiao Yuhe, who was so skinny and bony, swelled up and became fat. In an instant, he became white and fat from a thin boy.

Sure enough, there is no difference without comparison.

Duan Shubai picked up Bai Pangpang, let him sleep in it, and made room for himself, Bai Pangpang hummed and groaned, and slept on the side obediently, Duan Shubai praised Bai Pangpang in his heart Good sleeping position.

Xiao Yuhe who was asleep was much cuter than his usual "satisfied with this and dissatisfied with that" appearance of the delicate young man of Gaoling Zhihua.

But Duan Shubai was not in the mood to admire this delicate young man, he lay down, closed his eyes, and fell asleep.

A night without dreams.

It rained that night.

The next day, Duan Shubai got up early and led people to run around Yangzhou twice, and then practiced boxing and guns. The original Duan Shubai was good at marksmanship. Fei pierced through countless fierce generals, and the sharp gun under his hand was the enemy's nightmare. The current Duan Shubai is not behind either, he has regained the martial arts skills in his body, the modern Duan Shubai is a master of physical arts in the army, no one can beat him alone.

After sweating profusely, Duan Shubai had breakfast, chatted with Lord Qin for a while, and took people to inspect around Yangcheng.

The city construction system in his mind has been urging him to build a city. Duan Shubai has always acted steadily and carefully. He will not just find a place to deal with the task. He rides a horse to find a good place to build a new city.

In addition, when you first came to Yangcheng, you should not have acted rashly before you figured out the local situation.

At the same time, Duan Shubai sent several smart soldiers to disperse around Yangcheng to understand various situations with the residents.

In the afternoon, someone came to report, Zhang Changle: "General, we found a place outside the city."

Duan Shubai got down from his horse and asked, "Where is it?" "You will know as soon as

you go."

Two miles away from the north of the city, there was a deserted house. When Duan Shubai rushed there, he found that the dilapidated house was full of people. Waiting for death.

Those people's faces were pale, and they looked like they were dying. Many of them had a high fever, and they were all confused, talking nonsense in their painful dreams. Everyone's face was full of death, and they looked real. It's like hell on earth.

Duan Shubai frowned: "They are?"

Zhang Changle hesitated to say: "...It is said that it is a plague."

"Plague." Duan Shubai's frown deepened. It's not a joke, this thing is like the god of death, one spreads to ten, ten spreads to a hundred, if one fails, the people in a village or a city will all die.

At the door of the house, two soldiers were escorting a man with mischievous eyebrows, Duan Shubai asked him what was going on.

"General, when we arrived, this guy was planning to burn the whole house to death."

There were scattered torches and oil cans beside him, and all the stolen goods were stolen.

"Burn to death?" Duan Shubai had never seen such a reckless disregard for human life.

The man knelt on the ground and argued loudly: "Master Qin sent me here. You can't arrest me like this. Those people have the plague. If you don't burn them to death, it will infect more people." Lord Qin, this Lord

Qin Really cruel.

It seems that we have to investigate Mr. Qin Haizhu carefully.

At this time, there was a sudden commotion in the house, crying and cursing, some were crying for fear of death, some were praying for a good life in the next life, some were resenting the injustice of God, and some were cursing Qin Haizhu for a bad death.

"I haven't eaten for two days. Even if I have a bite of food now, I will die immediately..."

"Qin Haizhu colluded with bandits and ruined my family, and now he wants to burn me to death. He must not I'm so dead, even if I turn into a ghost, I want to seek revenge on him..."

Duan Shubai asked, "How about Qin Haizhu, the magistrate of Yangcheng?"

Duan Shubai's question seemed to ignite the fuse The flames of those people who were just waiting to die immediately rushed to tell their grievances and pains as if they were returning to the past. Let it out.

"Qin Haizhu is ganging up with profiteers to drive up grain prices. He is simply not human. My wife is starving to death, and I don't want to live anymore..."

"My daughter, he robbed my daughter, and I was interrupted by his minions. " legs..."