Chapter 134 Go Back

The setting sun completely sank into the sea, and the light between the sky and the earth was dimmed. The tall coconut trees left long shadows under the dark night sky, and countless groups of flames gradually ignited on the island.

It's a celebratory dinner.

The bright red flames also heated up the atmosphere on the island. At this time, Anxian Island was no longer bloody and rainy in the past few days, and it was full of vitality again.

Soldiers, civilians and former slaves sat in front of the bonfire and enjoyed delicious food.

When the ingredients from the sea are cooked, they always have a tantalizing umami taste. The raw sea crab porridge on the big pot exudes a strong heat, and the fried noodles on the iron plate are topped with a layer of shrimp paste, which is sealed for more than ten days. The lid of the rice wine drunk crab was lifted, and endless fresh fragrance wafted out...

Sitting casually on the ground, behind him was a hill of coconut piles.

"Wow! That golden palace, the light would blind my eyes during the day, so why can't I stay in it, I can't stay in it for a day."

"Good boy, let alone the pure gold The bed is so hard."

"It's a gold bed, so many people can't dream."

"Believe it or not, when you close your eyes, there is no difference between a gold bed and a stone bed." Duan Shubai

eats

After eating two drunk crabs and taking a sip of seafood porridge, I heard the people next to me startled and chatting about the golden bed in the golden house. I picked up a coconut from behind and weighed it in my palm, and said with a smile to them: "If you are interested in the golden bed Curious, hurry up to touch it, lie down, and wait a few days before you can see it."

"General, is it going to be demolished?" Shan Chen asked curiously.

Duan Shubai looked at him amusedly, "Of course it's going to be demolished, maybe you're going to sleep?"

Shan Chen violently shook his head.

Liang Feng, who was sitting next to Shan Chen, sighed, "It's a pity to tear down such a beautiful bed and house. If I have such a golden house and golden bed, how many beauties would want to marry me."

Duan Shubai glanced at him, "I didn't expect you to have such a beautiful dream of a golden house."

Liang Feng smirked, and Shan Chen turned to look at him, wondering: "You didn't say it just now, there is no difference between sleeping on a gold bed and sleeping on a stone "

"I know there is no difference, but the beauties don't know." Liang Feng spread his hands.

Shan Chen coughed and said the truth, "I think even if you have a golden house and a golden bed, a beautiful woman might not marry you."

Liang Feng leaned over and fell on Shan Chen, hooking his shoulder with one hand, He whispered in his ear: "Brother, even if you know the truth, don't tell me to poke my heart, okay?"

Shan Chen laughed at him, and Liang Feng continued: "Vice General Zhang said that I am more like a general."

Shan Chen turned Turning to look at him, eyes full of doubts.

Liang Feng lowered his voice, and said quietly: "I guess I have to wait for the superior to assign me one."

Duan Shubai choked on a mouthful of crab juice and coughed several times in a row. He courteously poured a cup of tea.

The scene was very quiet for a while, only the sound of cups of tea and bowls could be heard.

Shan Chen: "..."

Shan Chen felt a little hairy on his back, and whispered with concern: "This is even more impossible, you should give up early."

Liang Feng: "..."

Liang Feng is not afraid of boiling water, his skin is thicker than a city wall, he pretended to sigh and sighed for a while, and said to Shan Chen: "If we wait a few years and we are still bachelors, let's get together." Duan Shubai said with a smile: "Liang Feng, although there is no marriage bestowed by the emperor on this island, there is a marriage bestowed by the general, as long as you and Shan Chen are in love with each other." Yue, I will betroth Shan Chen to you..."

"No!!!!" Shan Chen pushed Liang Feng away, and fell on Duan Shu's white legs, "General, Shan Chen only has generals in his heart."

Duan Shu Bai ruthlessly pushed his hands away from his legs, like throwing a crab that climbed up, "The general only has Fulang in his heart."

...

Shan Chen blushed, sat back in her seat, and switched The topic said: "Didn't you talk about the golden bed? Why did it involve marriage again? Speaking of which, the Prince of Canmel slept on the golden bed, and he didn't feel too flustered."

Liang Feng accepted it when he saw it, and said smoothly: I don't know, maybe his body is different from ordinary people."

"I haven't slept on a golden bed yet, I'll try it tomorrow."

"I'll try it with you..."

Looking at these two people, Duan Shubai and Liang Lei The three of them looked at each other with Zhang Changle, then shook their heads at the same time.

Duan Shubai's people occupied the gold mine on Anxian Island and seized countless gold. It took a long time to clean up the gold and treasures on the island. Looking at the countless wealth accumulated on the island, it is much more valuable than what was copied in the Qin Mansion back then. With so much wealth, it is no wonder that Kanmel is reluctant to leave.

Canmel's golden palace and golden bed are all demolished.

Duan Shubai took out part of the melted gold and asked someone to cast a large inscription carved out of gold, recording and engraving the detailed deeds of the pirates' invasion over the past ten years to the final expulsion of the Luxor Empire's invasion. Finally, on this golden inscription, the people who died in the war were also recorded one by one.

Let this golden monument stay on the island forever and pass on to future generations.

As Duan Shubai predicted at the beginning, after Anxian Island was conquered, the other archipelagos including Turing Island were just a bunch of fine dust to be cleaned up, unable to stir up any waves.

The pirates on Turing Island wanted to take the opportunity to escape by boat, but they were stopped by Shan Chen and the others.

After everything has basically stabilized, the most important thing in the south of Yangzhou is to rebuild, plan order, and the most important thing is to reclaim land and grow food. The further south Yangzhou is, the hotter the climate is, like Anxian Island, There are no distinct seasons and can be grown all year round.

Pirates are negligently managed, wasting a lot of resources.

After gradually recovering several islands, Duan Shubai plans to build several big ports, fish farms and salt farms. All these need to be planned slowly by someone, not in a hurry.

The focus now is on reassuring the populace and getting back to planting and production.

Duan Shubai heaved a sigh of relief after the burden on his shoulders was shared, and looked at the documents handed in by his subordinates, thinking deeply.

Duan Shubai brought Zhang Changle over, and told him all the plans he had written for the next half month, saying that he would go back to Xinyang City and be responsible for escorting the food.

"You continue the recruitment training with your troops, organize the reclamation of wasteland, build houses and roads..."

Zhang Changle nodded clearly, "General, you can rest assured to go back."

Duan Shubai, a general, said that he was going to escort the food and pay, which was really unreasonable, but Zhang Changle also knew what the general wanted to do, and things were not serious in the past half a month, and there was no need for Duan Shubai to stay here.

"I'll only stay in Xinyang City for three days before I come back."

Duan Shubai's eyeliner said in the letter that Xiao Yu and the baby in his womb were saved, but because of the "heavy medicine" used, he can only be bedridden now. He couldn't stay at the hotel for half a month; and Xiao Yuhe didn't mention his current physical condition in the letter, but only said that he and his child were fine... Duan Shubai was worried and couldn't let it go.

He planned to sneak out of his busy schedule and take time to go back and take a look.

He called several generals and the head of internal affairs in for a meeting, and explained everything clearly. On the second day, Duan Shubai returned to Xinyang City with three or four people.

After days of running around, Duan Shubai finally arrived at Xinyang City by heading north.

The farther north you go, the colder the autumn wind is, there is no salty sea breeze, only the cold and cool wind hits the face, and there are many wild chrysanthemums quietly revealing their yellow buds by the roadside.

The horse's hooves stepped on the fallen leaves, passed through the thinned branches, and Duan Shubai rode fast all the way through the city gate. It was afternoon when he came back, and there were not many pedestrians on the street. He slowed down his horse, crossed a few streets, and dismounted in front of the gate of the mansion.

The servants guarding both sides of the gate saw the general coming back, they hurried forward to pull the horse rope, Duan Shubai handed the horse to the servants to take it to the stable, and strode forward through the corridor by himself.

Duan Shubai hurriedly wanted to see Xiao Yuhe.

Ma Shuqin was playing in the yard with Xiao Tuantuan in her arms. She caught a glimpse of Duan Shubai who was walking in a hurry, and almost thought she was delusional, "General, General, are you back?"

Duan Shubai paused, "Mother-in-law."

Duan Shubai Shubai greeted his mother-in-law.

Xiao Tuantuan was wearing a festive red dress and nestled in Ma Shuqin's arms. He opened his eyes and looked at Duan Shubai curiously. Maybe he hadn't seen him for a few months, and he had already forgotten about this father.

Ma Shuqin nodded with a smile, "It's fine when you're back, are you going to see Yuhe?"

"Yes, where is Yuhe? I'll go see him first."

"In the room, he doesn't know you're back yet.

Duan Shubai nodded in understanding, turned around and was about to leave .

A childish voice suddenly sounded from behind, "Father!"

Duan Shubai stopped and turned around.

Ma Shuqin squatted down, Xiao Tuantuan broke away from her grandma's embrace, and her chubby body rushed towards him with small steps.

Duan Shubai stared blankly at him running to his lap, Xiao Tuantuan was not even as high as his knees.

Compared with the last time he left, he can already walk, although he is a little unsteady, like a funny little penguin.

Xiao Tuantuan stood still beside his legs, grabbed his trouser legs with his little paws, looked up at him with his small face, his face was slightly tilted to the left, and the big Hei Lingling eyes were shining like the sun shining on the sea water , the thick and dense long eyelashes are very similar to Xiao Yuhe, and the plump face is exactly like him.

Duan Shubai's heart moved, he knelt down and picked him up, kissed him on the cheek, and said with a smile: "My dear son, you still remember Dad."

Xiao Tuantuan giggled and showed a mouthful of neat little white teeth, " Dad, hug."

Ma Shuqin stood aside, looking at the father and son with a smile.

Duan Shubai thought of the clothes on his body, which also had silver nails, and was afraid of accidentally hurting this immature little guy, so he returned the stocky little guy to his grandma to hold him.

Xiao Tuantuan was very enthusiastic about wanting to be hugged by him, even though she had already been hugged by her grandma, she still opened her hands to grab Duan Shubai.

Duan Shubai touched his little face and smiled softly, "After I go to see my other father, I will hug you and have dinner together, okay?"