Chapter 36 Placement

After letting all the refugees drink rice porridge and soup to warm their stomachs, Duan Shubai arranged for people to organize the refugees to board the boat.

Sun Taishou and his wife came to see them off.

Sun Zhixin sighed: "The matter of the refugees in Jianzhou has finally been resolved. Although a small price has been paid, it is better than expected."

"Master Duan, I have prepared a boatload of food. Yes, you can accept it for me."

Duan Shubai smiled and nodded: "On behalf of the refugees, I thank the people of Xuanzhou and

the prefect." "That's right." Duan Shubai suddenly said: "I also ask the prefect Sun not to make too many people Let's talk about Yangzhou taking in refugees."

All the prefectures shut their doors to refugees, but Yangzhou took the initiative to take in refugees. If it is widely publicized, it may attract people's attention.

Sun Zhi nodded knowingly: "Don't worry, I won't say more, Lord Duan take care."

Duan Shubai said with a smile: "Lord Sun also take care, by the way, if there are refugees from Jianzhou in the future, they can also be sent to Yangzhou After

Duan Shubai bid farewell to Sun Taishou, he helped the refugees line up to get on the boat. Some of them were handicapped, and he directly carried them onto the boat. Among them, the old woman who stood up first to follow him was named Jing Shu Yun, Mrs. Jing was helped onto the boat with her crutches, and Mrs. Jing thanked repeatedly: "Thank you, General Duan."

Hearing the surrounding soldiers call Duan Shubai General Duan, they followed suit, calling him Taishou Duan , I always feel that I am not brave enough.

Five large ships left the dock, loaded with more than 600 Jianzhou refugees and more than 100 Jianxing officers and soldiers, and headed all the way to Yangzhou.

The refugees on the boat were squatting, sitting, or leaning on the deck. Some of them were even new to the big boat, looking around on the deck. The hull of the ship went farther and farther along the way, and the pier in Xuanzhou gradually shrank into a black spot. The cold wind in the river made the flags on the ship flutter. Facing the cold wind on the river.

"Yuhe, are you going to rest in the cabin? I'm afraid you will get seasick."

Duan Shubai stood in front of Xiao Yuhe and asked concerned.

Xiao Yuhe shook his head: "I'm fine. I didn't eat anything this time, so I shouldn't be seasick. Don't worry, I'll take the pulse of some sick and injured refugees and help them treat their wounds."

"Then be careful yourself. Let me know if you can't hold on anymore."

Xiao Yuhe nodded, squatting on the ground, treating the refugees lying on the ground and howling.

The refugees saw that this elegant young man not only had excellent medical skills, but he was also the general's wife. General Duan was willing to take them to Yangzhou, and the general's wife treated them. This couple is really a bodhisattva. Listen to General Duan Said that Sun Taishou of Xuanzhou also sent them a boatload of food. There are also good officials in this court.

They had previously suspected that Mr. Duan intended to sink the ship and harm people, but they really didn't understand good people.

"I want to see, see the water outside the boat..."

a short winter melon, who was not as tall as Duan Shubai's thigh, shouted beside him.

Duan Shubai smiled, and picked up the thin little boy, letting him lie on the wooden plank to watch the gradually receding river outside. Fish with beaks stick out their heads, and some mischievous birds crossing the river fly their wings obliquely across the water.

The little boy in his arms exclaimed, "There are fish, there are fish!"

The great birds that flew over the ship sang overhead.

When the little boy had seen enough water, Duan Shubai put him down and let him go back to his parents. The little boy's parents hurriedly said, "Thank you, General." The

little boy also opened his watery eyes and smiled at him. "Thank you, General."

Duan Shubai pursed his lips and patted his head: "You're welcome."

Sitting not far away, Fu Qianxi held a piece of dry grass in his mouth, and his heart changed completely for this couple. This reckless general is not as bad as he imagined. It is not so unacceptable to follow them to Yangzhou and work under him...

There was a sudden sound in his head, and the oath he had made echoed in his mind: I, Fu Qianxi, would never do anything for you even if I was exhausted, starved to death and slept in a pigsty!

...

Fu Qianxi spit out the withered grass in his mouth, lay on his side on the boat plank and rolled his eyes. In fact, when he arrived in Yangzhou, if Duan Shubai treated him with courtesy and treated him as a guest of honour, even if he broke his oath Not a problem.

Duan Shubai is willing to treat him with respect and courtesy, the matter can be turned around.

Fu Qianxi made a happy decision in her heart.

"Ouch..."

Xiao Yuhe suddenly felt nauseous, dizzy and wanted to stand up but couldn't stand up. Duan Shubai hurriedly hugged him from behind, Xiao Yuhe couldn't control it, and vomited all over him. Duan Shubai picked him up by the waist, and said to the refugee who was being treated by Xiao Yuhe: "My husband is seasick, I want to carry him to the cabin to rest, and let the doctor heal him when we arrive in Yangzhou." The

refugee They were flattered: "Our illness is not a problem, the general will take Madam in his arms and go in to rest."

Xiao Yu and the seasickness were severe, and Duan Shubai felt distressed beside him.

After Xiao Yuhe emptied his stomach, Duan Shubai took off his dirty coat, squatted down and wiped his body, changed him into clean clothes, and let him sleep on the soft couch: "Hey, stop talking and have a good rest."

"Don't be brave when you get seasick. It's all my fault. I'll let you stay outside."

Xiao Yuhe lay on the soft couch in a daze, tears came out of his weak eyes. Weakly shouted: "Husband, I'm so sad..."

Duan Shubai kissed the cinnabar mole on the center of his brow distressedly, "If you feel uncomfortable, just sleep for a while, Husband will watch over you."

"You are not allowed to go "

"Okay, okay, I won't go, I'll watch over you, sleep well, don't talk."

Xiao Yuhe was half asleep and pillowed on his lap, Duan Shubai couldn't stop rubbing his back, and soon after, Xiao Yu He completely fell asleep, Duan Shubai put him sideways on the beauty couch, touched his forehead and murmured: "Every time I take a boat, I have to faint once, it seems that I really have to put you to sleep in the future, and then carry you on the boat Go."

Five large ships arrived in Yangzhou.

Duan Shubai hugged the sleeping Xiao Yu and disembarked, and directed the staff to arrange for the refugees to disembark.

Zhang Changle had received the news a long time ago that there was a big ship docking, so he rushed to meet people. When he saw Duan Shubai, he cried loudly: "General, how can you leave Changle alone and take your wife with you?" Go to Xuanzhou to have fun—"

Seeing the sleeping wife, Zhang Changle's voice suddenly stopped.

"Shhhhhh!" Duan Shubai hissed with a finger in front of his mouth, he squinted at Zhang Changle, then hugged Xiao Yuhe, put him on the carriage and lay him down, let Qiuran beside him Waiting, then went back to deal with Zhang Changle.

"General—" Zhang Changle pretended to wipe away tears: "Changle is so bitter..."

"Stop, stop, don't pretend to be like this, it's disgusting!" Duan Shubai made a gesture to hit him.

Zhang Changle tilted his head to dodge, looked at the refugees who came down one by one, and asked suspiciously: "General, didn't you say you will come back in four or five days? Why did you go yesterday and come back today? Also, who are these people?"

Duan Shu sighed He breathed a sigh of relief, "An accident happened, so I came back early. These people are refugees from Jianzhou. The flood in Jianzhou this year wiped out their homes. It happens that our Xinyang City is short of people, so I will take them in." I'm here in Yangzhou."

"Arrange people and settle them properly."

Zhang Changle cried, "General, you will really find work for Changle, Changle has worked hard for two days."

Duan Shubai raised his eyebrows At the corner of his mouth, he patted Zhang Changle's shoulder, and said with a gruff smile: "Those who can do more work, my confidant loves you, let's work hard!"

Zhang Changle cried for a while, and then said with a serious face: "General, fortunately, you are in advance I'm back, a major event happened yesterday, and you need to decide it, General."

Duan Shubai also made a serious expression, and asked, "What's the matter?"

"I have to go back to Xinyang City to discuss this matter slowly. "

Okay, settle down the refugees first, and then talk to me slowly after you go back."

Duan Shubai cleared his throat, and said to the refugees behind him: "Everyone comes to Yangzhou, and it will be Yangzhou from now on. You people, don't be restrained! Later, there will be an ox cart, a horse cart, and a donkey cart to pick up people, and the strong young man will walk to Xinyang City, leaving the place for the elderly and children, do you hear me?"

"Yes! "

It hasn't rained these days around Yangcheng, and the dirt road is very easy to walk on. Duan Shubai opened the way ahead and led a group of people towards Xinyangcheng. After walking through a section of the dirt road, you can see the white concrete road.

There were also soldiers mixing cement, laying cement, and pressing the road on the side of the road. When they saw a large group of people coming, they still worked without distraction.

"Has the cement road been repaired here?"

Zhang Changle nodded, "The soldiers are working overtime to repair the road."

"These roads that have just been repaired can't be stepped on, they all go to the side."

Fu Qianxi looked at this A wide road that seems to be paved with white soft mud is curious, what is this? Why use it to pave the road, and it can't be stepped on? Why do Yangzhou have these strange things?

After passing through the newly built concrete road, Fu Qianxi finally stepped on the repaired concrete road. He was really amazed when he stepped on the smooth road. What the hell is this?

What surprised him even more was that there was someone riding a two-wheeled paper cart on the cement road and saw them coming, and greeted General Duan.

"I've seen the general."

There are so many new things in Yangzhou?

Fu Qianxi became very curious about the upcoming Xinyang City.

Hundreds of refugees also became curious about the place where they will live. Mrs. Jing got into the bullock cart, she put her crutches aside, and the bullock cart moved steadily forward on the concrete road. The road surface was flat and the wheels rolled over it. , the body does not shake at all, this is the most comfortable bullock cart she has ever sat in in her life.

"This road is really nice!"

They arrived at Xinyang City very quickly. The roads in Xinyang City are wide and big. Rows of small wooden buildings are harmonious and beautiful. The vegetable field behind the house is full of green vegetables and green leaves, and the platform is covered with millet and some unknown things. Once you enter Xinyang City, there is a sweet fragrance in the air, and a row of little yellow ducks are beautiful. Youzai passed by the stream.

Everyone in Xinyang City did not see sorrow on their faces.

On the cement road extending to the fields, you can see bullock carts pulling freshly harvested potatoes and corn down the mountain from a distance.

The mountains and plains are full of things, and the blue and yellow are eye-catching. Mrs. Jing and the others looked at the acres of fields full of things, and looked at the harvest scene here, with tears in their eyes. They thought of themselves. Seedlings that have been planted so hard but have no harvest.

Duan Shubai sent people to resettle the refugees in wooden buildings. There were few houses, so they were placed casually at first. Thirty people lived in a wooden building. Most of the refugees were resettled into the newly planned wooden building. The seats were sent to another place.

Fu Qianxi was still dreaming of being honored by Duan Shubai as a guest of honor, but unexpectedly, he and the group of fugitive assassins who made trouble before were arranged in a place called "Military Training Camp".

This place will bring him extraordinary feelings.