Chapter 168

After ten years of marriage, probably only the founding emperor Duan Shubai and his empress Xiao Yuhe held a big wedding again. On

that day, March 5th, the whole city of Xinyang was decorated with lanterns and festoons to celebrate the emperor's wedding. Red silk and satin were spread for ten miles, peach blossoms were in full bloom, and every street was covered with festive lanterns. The red happy lanterns burn until the early morning of the next day, and the night is full of prosperity. This day later became the Valentine's Day that has been handed down in Qian Kingdom.

Duan Shubai had been enthroned as emperor last month, and the name of the country was Qian. Qian means the beginning of all things. Therefore, this is also the starting point to end the troubled times and start the prosperous times.

After this news spread across the country, no one was surprised, because Duan Shubai had already taken back the regime in the north and south, and the whole world was under his control. Some people were even very suspicious that he could be called emperor a few years ago , but it was delayed until now.

Passed down to later generations, this has even become a mystery that has puzzled various experts.

The only one who knew the truth was Xiao Yuhe who had gained a lot of weight.

The imperial palace in Xinyang City has been built in its prototype form, and the entire new palace is also full of festive atmosphere. Xiao Yuhe finally put on his ideal wedding dress. He is dressed in red and looks handsome, standing under the palace lantern , Tall and tall, when Duan Shubai saw him, he was almost dumbfounded.

He suddenly remembered ten years ago.

When I saw Xiao Yuhe for the first time, he was wearing such a red dress.

Eighteen-year-old Xiao Yuhe was still immature, with a stubborn face and long black hair hanging down his shoulders. Duan Shubai entered the bridal chamber in a daze. I was so flustered and scared that I couldn't do it, but I looked up at him stubbornly and proudly.

They made noise all the way, wading across the river, from the capital all the way to Yangzhou.

They once spent a night in a simple dilapidated house, and they also promised each other a lifetime in a rough wooden building.

...

A sudden dream, ten years have passed.

Xiao Yuhe turned his head and saw the man in the same red dress walking towards him. His eyebrows and eyes were the same as before, wearing a jade crown, and his long black hair was hanging behind his head. The wind blew his hair. Look at his eyes, very gentle.

Xiao Yuhe also stared at him with a smile.

Duan Shubai walked up to him and put his arms around his waist.

Seeing his handsome face so close at hand, Xiao Yuhe's eyes turned red suddenly, Duan Shubai felt anxious, hugged him in his arms, and coaxed in his ear: "My good queen, why are you so happy today? The day is going to drop golden beans."

Xiao Yuhe put his arms around his neck, and his voice was a little hoarse: "I just suddenly discovered that we have spent ten years together."

"You deliberately set the date for today."

"Yes , Isn't it very commemorative." Duan Shubai held Xiao Yuhe's hand, and in the cool night wind, he opened his fingers one by one, crossed his fingers, and clasped them tightly.

"We have walked together for ten years, and there will be more ten years in the future, until we both have white hair and lost all our teeth."

Xiao Yuhe scolded him with red eyes: "Whoever wants gray hair, who Are you going to lose your teeth?"

Duan Shubai smiled, raised his hand and rubbed his face, "Our Yuhe family has always been so beautiful."

"Then do you think I have changed much compared to ten years ago?"

"No Big."

Hearing this answer, Xiao Yuhe couldn't help laughing, Duan Shubai looked at him with a smile, and added, "It's just that the waist is a little fatter."

"You still say such things to anger me." Xiao Yuhe was annoyed, raised the hands they held tightly, and took a bite on it.

"It's been ten years, and your habit of biting people still hasn't changed."

Xiao Yuhe looked at him with a smile, "Then do you know that I've only bitten one person in my life?"

Duan Shubai also smiled Hug up, "I know, that's my honor."

"Okay, let's not talk about other things, such a beautiful day, Yuhe, this time, we must live up to the good night."

"Don't worry, I definitely won't do it again Hit you with a pillow."

"Could you please stop saying such unwelcome words."

... After a

night of spring night, Duan Shubai hugged his beloved husband and slept until dawn. It was a rare good day, after the short spring night, naturally I wish I could go to court early, but early in the morning, there are debt collectors around.

The four children squatted at the door of the bedroom. "Brother Shaorong , why don't we come here early in the morning?" "Brother, what do you mean by

getting married

?" Tic-tac-toe, carrying one in each hand and taking it out for practice, Xiao Yu, who was lying on the bed, watched with a smile as his husband led the group of rambunctious brats out, closed his eyes, and went back to sleep.

Dagan established the capital of Xinyang City. Since Duan Shubai started to build the imperial palace, the whole country has been clamoring. Although the Civil War is over, the battle of these literati is not over yet. They frantically wrote Fu to blame for moving the capital. However, Duan Shubai is a hard-hearted person.

No matter what others say, he will not change the established facts.

With Xinyang City as his base camp, it is impossible for him to leave this place.

The original capital was renamed Yongcheng.

"Yongcheng's name doesn't sound good at all." Xiao Yuhe frowned and chewed on these two words. The original capital was the place where he grew up when he was a child, and he had a different feeling for this city.

But for the rest of his life, he will live with his husband in another capital city.

Duan Shubai picked him up and slapped him on the buttocks, "Obviously you came up with the name, but now you are the one who is dissatisfied."

Xiao Yu and Dudu murmured, "I said it casually, who would have thought You take it seriously."

"Take it seriously, I don't think the name is unpleasant?"

"What if later, hundreds of years later, someone asks, who came up with the name of Yongcheng? They all say yes What do I, Xiao Yu, get along with? Say I have no taste."

Duan Shubai: "..."

He suddenly remembered the name "Xinyang City".

Duan Shubai rubbed his nose, and said, "Don't you think that you have no taste for marrying me, the emperor?" Empress

Xiao said, "It's true.

" Why should you be afraid that future generations will say..."

Empress Xiao was still very worried: "But I still want to be a queen with a good reputation in history."

"You dominate the emperor, and your reputation is bad enough. Don't think about it so much. I'll let people write you as a disaster queen." , dominating the harem, no one can beat you."

"It is guaranteed that after hundreds of thousands of years, you will be named the first queen of the ages."

Xiao Yuhe squinted his eyes: "You lie, you obviously let them write that you have You are so infatuated and love me that you will only marry me."

Duan Shubai also squinted his eyes, "You think I don't know how miserable General Duan was when he was living in Yangzhou when he got someone to write a short story book. , leading the soldiers could not even afford a steamed bun, but his industrious and virtuous Empress Xiao would never leave him. The general was hungry and could not eat, so Empress Xiao went up the mountain to pick wild vegetables to cook porridge for him. ..."

"The industrious and virtuous Empress Xiao also raised silkworms and reeled silk, weaved cloth, raised ducks and chickens, and farmed by herself... Helped General Duan to spend his miserable life in exile..."

"General Duan has nothing to repay. I will never disappoint such a good wife in my life." Xiao Yuhe dragged his chin and nodded in satisfaction: "Don't you think it's very good to write like this?" Duan Shubai: "..."

My queen is really shameless. After the dried fruits unified the north and the south, the north is still not peaceful. Every winter, the nomadic Wangxia clan still goes south to burn, kill and loot. Except for Wangxia, a new force seems to have risen in the depths of the northern grassland. The place came over the mountains. Duan Shubai organized the military to consolidate the northern border, but what he did not expect was that his ten-year-old eldest son Duan Shaorong, worthy of the word Rong in his name, was born a militant. He was as tall as a man at the age of ten, and at a young age, With audacity, he sneaked out of the palace and sneaked into the army going north.

He was caught and died without returning.

Duan Shubai sneered, and directly let him stay in the army regardless.

He is not a parent who restrains his children. Since his son has chosen this path, he will not break his wings and let him fly high.

Xiao Yuhe secretly worried about his eldest son for a long time.

Sun Ruozheng was raised in the palace with Duan Jingyuan as his companion.

Duan Shaorong's expedition lasted for ten years.

In the past ten years, he and Ji Zhenchuan, who he said he hates the most, worked side by side. The two turned enemies into friends. They were both militants. They fought all the way to the north, fought to the deepest part of the north, conquered the tribes in the north, and then turned back and turned west. , all the way to the west, across the desert oasis, and conquered the countries of the west.

However, in ten years, the territory of the dry country has expanded twice.

Duan Shubai, who commands from a distance, is sometimes pissed to death by his eldest son. He also wants to fight, but his son takes advantage of all the good things, but he is detained in Xinyang City. The capital must have him in charge, and, Military spending burns money, and he has to work hard to save money for his prodigal son.

The prodigal son didn't care, and burned money all the way.

Duan Shubai began to tell Xiao Yuhe that he regretted giving him such a name at the beginning, Xiao Yuhe glared at him: "You deserve it, you didn't chase after my son in the first year after he left, and now you have lost your ambition, don't come back Alright."

"Then why didn't you persuade me?"

"I cried for several nights, but you persuaded me to open up... Now you have the nerve to blame me?"

Duan Shubai: "..."

In addition to the fact that the eldest son was an extreme militant, his youngest son, the Little Tudou back then, a little fellow named Duan Jingyi, was also showing signs of being a militant at such a young age.

Hugging his father's thigh, weeping and crying and wanting to go to war with his brother, Duan Shubai and Xiao Yuhe were never tired of being disturbed by his loud voice.

Duan Shubai had no choice but to coax him: "You are still young, your brother is at least ten years old, he is tall and big, look at you, let's grow taller."

"But when I grow up, there will be no battle ." But , my brother has beaten all over the south, west, northwest."

"Why not, dear son, you are going to go to sea in the future, my father told you a place, far, far overseas, there is another continent, The people over there once came to invade our Yangzhou and occupied Anxian Island. When you grow up a bit, you can go to sea to see that piece of mainland..."

"Really? Father."

Duan Shubai With a headache: "Of course it's true."