Chapter 48 Development

This is a tormenting place, and Cheng Haixiang's leg bone was broken by him. Although this kind of injury can be cured, it is very painful, which just taught him a lesson.

Xiao Yuhe shook his head: "Husband, send him away tomorrow, I don't want to see him in Yangzhou."

Duan Shubai pondered for a moment, "Okay, I will send someone to take him away in a few days." I want to torture Cheng Haixiang in the military training camp, but leaving this disgusting thing in Yangzhou is too irritating. I still listen to Fulang and drive him out of Yangzhou, but I will not let it go lightly. Pass him, then break his legs and throw him to the streets of Xuanzhou.

Duan Shubai secretly planned in his heart, and did not tell Xiao Yuhe about his plan.

"Cousin, isn't he in the capital? Why did he come to Yangzhou suddenly?" Xiao Yuhe was a little puzzled.

Duan Shubai gritted his teeth for a while: "That guy Fu Qianxi recruited me."

Although Cheng Haixiang just came here by chance, the root cause was that he was inextricably linked with Fu Qianxi. He asked him to recruit a counselor, but it turned out that Accidentally recruited a rival in love, bah, Cheng Haixiang couldn't afford the word rival in love, he was a disgusting thing.

Xiao Yuhe had a curious look in his eyes, Fu Qianxi recruited him, no matter how much Fu Qianxi recruited, he shouldn't have found Cheng Haixiang, the son of the capital.

"Uncle Guo fell, and Cheng and his family suffered from crimes and were demoted to Xuanzhou. Cheng Haixiang met Mr. Shi, a good friend of Fu Qianxi. When he heard that you were here, he followed him."

"Something happened to his family. What about my family?" Xiao Yuhe asked anxiously.

"Don't worry, nothing happened to your family, didn't you still communicate with your mother properly?" Duan Shubai lowered his head in thought, although nothing happened to Xiao's Marquis Mansion, but according to him, the capital is about to fall into chaos , now that the influence of treacherous eunuchs has restarted, within a year or two, the world will be in chaos again. The roots of this decaying royal family are rotten, and the building will collapse, and it is in danger.

It's probably not a good thing for Xiao Yuhe's mother to stay in the capital, if something happens to the mother-in-law, I'm afraid the husband will be sad.

Xiao Yuhe nodded, still worried.

"Yuhe, how about taking your mother over in a few months?"

Xiao Yuhe's eyes froze for a moment, and then he said happily, "Bring my mother over?"

Duan Shubai nodded, "Now that you have a body, you Mother must be very happy too, let's take my mother-in-law over so that she can meet my little grandson sooner." Xiao Yuhe is the only widowed mother left in the capital, and it is not difficult to take over his mother-in-law.

"Yuhe, the situation in the capital is changing rapidly, and you don't know when something will happen...Although Yangzhou is not as prosperous as the capital, it is much safer. With me here, I will never let you mother and child have any accidents." General Duan Shubai Tell him the pros and cons of it.

Xiao Yuhe nodded seriously: "Husband, I understand, I will try my best to write clearly in the letter, and persuade my mother to come over."

Duan Shubai smiled and patted his head, "Don't think too much, you are now The most important task is to take good care of your body, and you should be less busy with the affairs of the clinic, and do what you can."

Xiao Yuhe snuggled up to him comfortably, and softly hummed the word "hmm." .

The porridge Duan Shubai made for him was ready, Xiao Yuhe drank the hot anti-fetal medicine, finished the porridge, and fell asleep sweetly with the corners of his mouth curled up.

After Cheng Haixiang's legs were connected, he shut himself up in a wild boar pen to serve a group of fat pigs. Now that the end of autumn is approaching, this group of wild boars and white pigs are growing fat and strong, and one pig is heavier than four or five people. To be strong, Cheng Haixiang, who has been hollowed out by wine, will stand on his legs in fright when he sees the huge fat pigs, for fear that these pigs will rush over and overturn him.

The wild boar has been kept in captivity for a while, and it has stopped attacking people, but its temper has not diminished, and it waits for the little slaves to serve it like an emperor in the pigsty. If the service is not good, don't blame him for the lack of eyes. .

Cheng Haixiang limped and held his nose to feed the wild boars. The wild boars ate and almost fell into his hands, and he fell to the ground in fright.

The farm employee on the side smiled and said, "This wild boar seems to like you very much, so I will stay here and be a swineherd in the future. It is very suitable for you."

Him? Suitable to be a swineherd, bah, this sentence is nothing less than a huge insult to him, he used to be a handsome young man in the capital...

Although he was slandered, Cheng Haixiang didn't dare to resist here, he was imprisoned In the military training camp, countless rogue "ruthless" people who steal, rape, play tricks, and vicious are imprisoned here, and some of them use torture methods, but when he entered Cheng Haixiang, he just saw the big witch, and his thoughts were seen through at a glance.

Duan Shubai sent a message, asking the people inside to greet him well.

Most of the people in Xinyang City have been favored by Duan Shubai, dare to bully their general's wife? To ruin Madam's reputation, the people in Xinyang City are not free-spirited. Watch them sharpen their knives and rush to "Hai Xiang".

Cheng Haixiang's life would be worse than death.

He was so taught that he didn't even dare to talk back.

Cheng Haixiang didn't dare to think about Xiao Yuhe anymore, Xiao Yuhe entered the tiger's den, he was not a tiger-fighting hero, and he couldn't save people from the tiger's mouth.

In the face of his own life, a beauty is just a "moment in the eye", and there is no need to take risks for him.

"I was really deceived by the beauty, so I came to Yangzhou to find the bad luck of Duan Shubai, a ruthless person." In the

past, when competing for beauties in the capital, no one dared to make things go too far, and they all used the war of words as an excuse. Lord, ruining your reputation is the first priority. They are all descendants of aristocratic families. Few of them dare to dance and dance. Cheng Haixiang is used to it.

Cheng Haixiang wasted his time drinking, but he still didn't recognize his identity.

He no longer has a backstage to support him, he is just a shabby household, Yangzhou is Duan Shubai's world, even if Duan Shubai kills him here, no one else will comment.

Cheng Haixiang regretted it too much.

"If I promise to apologize to them in public, will I be able to get out of this ghostly place?"

In fact, he still had some thoughts in his mind. After all, Xiao Yuhe is his cousin, so he shouldn't be so cruel to him, right? Could it be a little...

"Where's Cheng Haixiang? The general asked us to take him away."

Cheng Haixiang was overjoyed: "Are you going to let me out?"

He knew that Xiao Yuhe must still have feelings for him.

Cheng Haixiang thought too beautifully.

Two soldiers picked him up from left to right and dragged him into the carriage. Cheng Haixiang was panicked. He was taken into the carriage and then into the boat. When the boat arrived in Xuanzhou, Cheng Haixiang's legs were broken again. , dressed in sackcloth, was thrown overboard.

In a city in Xuanzhou, there was a crazy beggar in the daytime, yelling that he was a son of a high-ranking official...

Cui Liu who came to Yangzhou with him still stayed in Xinyang City, Cheng Haixiang was arrested, Cui Liu worried for several days, afraid that she would be implicated too, but strangely, she was not blamed, Cui Liu I found a job in the water mill and helped make vermicelli. Although life was more tiring than before, it made her feel at ease.

Gradually, she felt that Xinyang City was really a good place. The law and order here was strict, and pretty girls would not be gossiped or harassed when they went out. The patrolling soldiers were also very honest and helpful. She can support herself by relying on her own hands, and she no longer needs to rely on men to serve others, worrying all day long that she will be rejected one day, and surrounds a man every day.

She can live on her own!

This is a day she never dreamed of before.

Cui Liu thanked Mr. Cheng for bringing her here.

Cui Liu put away her past pink and green dress, changed into a coarse cloth dress, and changed her name to Yu Bilan. From now on, she will be a fresh and refreshing woman from a good family... Not long after, a hearty tavern girl appeared in Xinyang City boss.

"Get up, get up, get up again!" Duan Shubai turned over and stood on the ground, beckoning to the group of people lying on the ground.

A group of people lying on the ground hurriedly pretended to be dead bodies and remained motionless.

Duan Shubai stood aside with his hips akimbo, helpless.

Zhang Changle, who fell on the ground, looked at Jiang Bai on the opposite side. Both of them blinked, feeling helpless, and finally aimed at Su Gang, the culprit. He was the one who proposed to fight the general, although their hearts I also really want to beat the general up.

Don't look at Duan Shubai standing safe and sound now, in fact, his face is painted and he has received countless punches on his body.

Originally, I wanted to frustrate the general's prestige, but the general became more and more courageous as he fought.

If you knew it early, you should have adopted a policy of avoidance.

Madam is pregnant, and our general is going to be a father. Naturally, all the subordinates congratulated each other. They congratulated for several days in a row, but the general's excitement is endless. Before talking about Madam, I was still coquettish. Now that the wife has a child, she doesn't beat around the bush anymore, she directly turns from a secret show to a bright show, showing off in front of a group of bachelors.

The general of their family is full of vigor and vitality, full of excitement and no place to vent, and his mouth is always inseparable Jump directly from the window, jump directly from the window on the second floor, scare people to death-

I am very happy to know that you are a father, and you can't just become a monkey head, the whole person's age drops ten years, and a hairy Like a kid, loud and annoying.

"Who do you think my future child will look like? Like me or like Fulang, whether it's a boy or a girl, or a twin. A boy is good, and a daughter is also good. If it's a twin like Yuhe, it's even better. ..."

"If it's a daughter, um... it's better not to look like me..."

"Should I prepare some clothes in advance?"

I asked dozens of times a day, and I heard that they really wanted to fight. He really wanted to hit him, so they "beat" together in a team, but they were the ones who were knocked down in the end, so angry.

"General, it's time for you to restrain yourself!"

"Be restrained!" Xiao Yuhe patted Duan Shubai's head away.

The person who tied the bell had to be untied, so Zhang Changle and a group of people who couldn't stand it came to complain in front of Xiao Yuhe, and poured out their bitterness.

"Okay, I promise." Duan Shubai also knew that he was really too excited recently.

The door of the room was opened, and a maidservant in blue clothes came up with a plate of fruit, "Madam, the red bean cake is ready."

Xiao Yuhe, who was sitting on the soft couch fighting with Duan Shubai, nodded and ordered "Let's put it on the table." Duan

Shubai raised his eyebrows and asked, "Is Madam's anti-natal medicine ready?

"

Exit the room.

Xiao Yuhe picked up a piece of red bean cake and fed it to Duan Shubai, "I made this myself today. I need to drink medicine later, so I won't take it. Help me finish it."

Duan Shubai took a bite, By the way, he licked those white and delicate fingers, Xiao Yuhe blushed, and his fingers trembled slightly.

"What did you spend so much time doing? Now that you have a body, do less."

Xiao Yuhe laughed, "You don't even have a belly yet, so you treat me as a useless person."

Duan Shubai embraced She looked at him, and whispered in his ear: "I love you so much, I'm afraid you'll be tired."

Pregnancy in October is a matter of suffering. It's not easy for a woman to get pregnant, let alone Shuang'er. After Xiao Yuhe became pregnant, Duan Shubai was happy on the one hand, but also cherished Xiao Yuhe's body very much, for fear that he would suffer.

After experiencing Cheng Haixiang's incident, Duan Shubai sent two guards to follow Xiao Yuhe every day, and at the same time let people take turns guarding near his house to strengthen patrol and guard. The personnel in Xinyang City became more and more complicated. No one should have the opportunity to hurt Xiao Yuhe. Besides, Duan Shubai was very annoyed when Cheng Haixiang said something wrong last time. Although it was only Cheng Haixiang's personal imagination, it was like a stick hitting the back of his head.

It turned out that he had scolded Xiao Yuhe so harshly in the eyes of outsiders.

In the past, he was too negligent, and he was used to living by himself. Xiao Yuhe grew up with rich clothes and rich food, and countless people followed behind him to serve him. He liked himself and was willing to endure hardships and hardships with him. Duan Shubai did not want to regard his dedication as a Of course.

Fortunately, the yard of his house was relatively wide at the beginning, so it is possible to build a few more houses. There are four or five new maidservants in the family for Xiao Yuhe to order, and two women who have experience in serving pregnant twins are in the house. Followed by them, plus two famous chefs, specially cooking for Xiao Yuhe, and a newly built kitchen at home, Xiao Yuhe's kitchen is not allowed to be used by others alone.

The servant girl Yue Xin brought the anti-fetal medicine into the room, Xiao Yuhe squinted his eyes, and drank it in one gulp. After drinking, the candle on the table shook, and his head couldn't help feeling dizzy.

Xiao Yuhe was resting on Duan Shubai's chest, and Duan Shubai was sticking to his delicate and exquisite ears, and said softly: "Yuhe, I treated you badly before."

Xiao Yuhe was sleepy and said in a daze "You didn't treat me badly, I did it willingly..."

Seeing that he was so sleepy that he couldn't open his eyes, Duan Shubai hurriedly said, "If you are tired, take a rest."

Xiao Yuhe said silently Fell asleep.

Pregnant people are always lethargic, and now Xiao Yu and Noon have to sleep for a long time.

Duan Shubai held his hand, Xiao Yuhe's body temperature was lower than his, it felt smooth and tender, very soft and comfortable, he quietly looked at Xiao Yuhe's peaceful sleeping face for a while, They hugged him and went to lie down on the bed, squeezed the quilt, and tightly protected him in his arms. Xiao Yuhe huddled into a ball in his arms, and Duan Shubai lowered his head and kissed the cinnabar mole between his eyebrows.

Before closing his eyes, he made a promise in his heart—

big house, royal chef... I will do everything I promised you.

You will become the most honorable twins in the world.

The first school in Xinyang City has been built!

It was named Xinyangcheng School.

This is currently the largest and most beautiful building in Xinyang City.

After the school was completed, the residents of Xinyang City crowded in to watch it. There were more than a dozen classrooms and two large auditoriums, enough for a hundred people to use. The classrooms were already filled with tables, chairs and benches. The desk was very exciting to see, and the crowd chattered: "Can we come here to learn

how to read?" "But we have to work during the day, how can we learn how to read?"

"It is said that there will be classes at night for us to come and learn."

"This Does everyone in the school charge?"

"Is it true that there is no tuition fee?"

There is no tuition fee in the school, everyone in Xinyang City can attend classes for free, and the majority of illiterate people in Xinyang City, I heard that I can have a chance Reading and literacy, everyone is very happy, and some old ladies in their fifties and sixties also said that they would come to attend classes.

Although the school was built big, there were still not enough classrooms, so all the residents had to take turns to attend classes, and everyone's name had to be learned. Duan Shubai requires everyone to learn basic children's enlightenment books, not to speak and write the basic words, but to be able to understand them basically, to learn Arabic numerals, and to memorize the nine-nine multiplication table.

The most important thing is to be able to do simple calculations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Duan Shubai hoped that they could settle their accounts clearly. It would be even better if they could independently manage the business.

Adults have to do things during the day. In the school during the day, children and some soldiers assigned by Duan Shubai study in it. At night, it becomes lively. Those who have finished their business and come back from the fields gather around the classroom to study calligraphy carefully. For this reason, Xinyang City set off a craze for memorizing the ninety-nine multiplication table, "Three seven twenty-one, four seven twenty-eight—"

"Five seven thirty-five..."

While digging the ground and carrying it back, there are still people passing by to help with the interface.

The old lady washing vegetables by the side of the road can recite memorization by heart.

In order to encourage the residents' enthusiasm for learning, Duan Shubai also trained a group of storytellers to tell people stories, biographies and legends of mountains and seas in the open-air hall. The storytellers wrote down two or three key points every time they told a long paragraph. Words are taught to the people, such as Lingshan monkeys who incarnate as humans and mix in the world to do good deeds and make trouble in inns, so they teach words such as "monkey" and "inn"...accumulate one or two a day, and as time goes by, they will know more.

Duan Shubai specifically asked that he mainly teach vocabulary that is common in daily life, and other university questions for officials and Taoism should be avoided if possible.

The Yan Li summoned by Fu Qianxi was very good at writing stories and scripts, and Duan Shubai specially sent him to write some stories and novels for everyone's entertainment.

Over time, the storytelling hall gradually evolved into the first public entertainment place in Xinyang City.

Some who saw business opportunities went there to sell fried melon seeds and refreshments.

The soldiers under Duan Shubai were also required to learn how to read and write, and now the desks in their dormitory are finally useful, "Did the general think about asking us to read and write, and the desks are all prepared in advance.

" Said, Lao Liu, the way you sit at this table and write something is really interesting."

"Haha, Lao Liu, I am a cultural person!"

Lao Liu smiled slightly: "Tomorrow, I will also try Try to be a teacher."

"You, you have just learned a few days, you can write a few names, and you still go to teach?"

"You don't understand, I am going to teach people how to build houses!"

The school in Xinyang City not only teaches reading and literacy, but also teaches many strange things. Duan Shubai combined the contents of the breeding and planting encyclopedia sent by the system, and asked people to teach how to grow scientifically in the school. Scientifically raising pigs and raising chickens... the content in it, especially the mixing feed, how to quickly fatten and grow the pigs, chickens and ducks at home is very beneficial to people.

The two chefs hired by Duan Shubai's family would teach the residents how to cook a few delicious home-cooked dishes when they were free.

There are one or two sessions of these various courses every day for residents to choose to learn voluntarily.

After the school is completed, the paper mill and printing factory are also being built together. Mr. Shi, a famous scholar, is very elegant and willing to use his own characters to make model specimens. There are many books, and there is a reading room in the school, where everyone can read books for free.

After the school work came to an end, Duan Shubai began to teach people to learn shipbuilding, build the riverside wharf, and build warehouses and roads near the wharf accordingly.

The carpenter who built the ship sighed: "This small three-story ship must be very beautiful when it is built."

"Haha, it's a pity that those of us who can't swim have started building ships first."

"I dare not ride on a fishing boat."

To develop Along the river in Yangzhou, in addition to sending people to build boat docks, Duan Shubai also sent people along the river bank to circle the water and make nets to raise fish and shrimps on the river bank. Lanterns were installed on both sides of the fishing boats. , Fishing near the river bank at night, when the net is cast, it will be a large piece when dragged.

Now, the people in Xinyang City have no shortage of fish to eat.

Grilled fish shops are booming in the city. The charcoal-grilled fish is served with the soup mixed with red chili oil and continues to heat on the flat iron plate. The fish is piled with special sour cabbage, sour bamboo shoots, Stir-fried peanuts, shredded radish, potato slices, fresh vegetables, etc. Whenever the night is getting dark, I call a few old men, tired all day, surrounded by grilled fish blowing hot air, eating crispy The hot and sour grilled fish, and a few bowls of wine, don't mention how carefree it is.

In addition to grilled fish, there are also shrimp and crab noodles, grilled corn and so on.

They didn't like to eat smelly and spiny fish before, but now that they have chili, pickled cabbage and chili suppress the smell of fish. Whether it is pickled fish, boiled fish or grilled fish, they have become their favorite delicacies.

Of course, the most important point is that there are a lot of fish here and they are very cheap.

After crops of crops were harvested, Duan Shubai presided over the establishment of water mill vermicelli factory, sweet potato processing factory, sugar factory, sauerkraut factory, winery and other food processing factories. Residents can go to work and get paid in their spare time. , ready-made dried sweet potatoes, sweet potato vermicelli, cornmeal and so on. Duan Shubai also bought grain from the people and shipped it to Xuanzhou for sale.

The people of Xinyang City have some spare money in their hands, so they have the confidence to spend.

Even the poorest people in Xinyang City can afford it, and the grilled fish is very delicious. This made the old villagers who had stayed in the village and hadn't eaten in the restaurant for decades couldn't help but be surprised by the spicy smell that wafted out. Attracted, go in and order a pot of grilled fish to satisfy your gluttony.

Duan Shubai was a little surprised to find that the grilled fish shop under his name was actually very profitable.

Of course, Xinyang City is all his, and these profits are just a drop in the bucket.

It is necessary to have a good harvest of grain as the basis, solve the problem of basic food and clothing, and generate surplus, so as to promote people's production and exchange and break the self-sufficiency balance model.

He encouraged people to consume, and he also encouraged people to do business. After learning addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, some people really had the courage to start a business in Xinyang City, selling fruit, side dishes, and tofu. There are all kinds of stalls, and some of them used to be villagers, but they have also started to break away from land production, raise fish and shrimps by the river, and there are also those who specialize in transportation and food stalls.

Time passed by, the weather turned cold rapidly, and the door was blown by the wind, Xiao Yu and her belly began to show signs of pregnancy. Ever since she found out that she was pregnant, the little life that had been neglected by her two fathers tossed her body violently. The sense of existence, Xiao Yu and morning sickness are strong, what to eat, what to throw up, the whole person has a round belly, but the body has lost weight.

Duan Shubai's heart ached for a while, and he asked several cooks to make various delicacies and soups every day. It wasted the boss's effort to make his own fat and rosy a little bit.