Chapter 75 Loose sand

The little emperor fled to Rongzhou, and Nie Kun in Rongzhou immediately led his troops to meet the little emperor and organized troops to resist the northern coalition forces. Fortunately, after the northern coalition forces occupied the capital, the offensive eased a bit, and the little emperor was able to win a ray of respite in Rongzhou.

After the northern allied forces occupied the capital, they entered the imperial palace. The northern forces read the young emperor Qi Huabin's 20 crimes outside the palace gate. He would be the lord of the people without virtue again, and announced the imperial decree in front of the royal altar: abolish the old emperor and establish a new one.

Qi Yuxuan, the seventeenth son of the former emperor, was kicked out and became the new emperor. He was called Emperor Huan, and his reign name was Xiyuan.

The Northern Allied Forces, led by Ban Han, the commander of Qingzhou, were able to successfully enter the capital, and they also borrowed 100,000 cavalry from Wangxia, a nomadic kingdom. The country has not invaded each other for a hundred years, and security is a neighbor.

Now that the capital is occupied, one-third of the world belongs to the Northern Territory. The little emperor was expelled from the capital. It seems that half of his great achievements have been completed. Before the major forces celebrated and rejoiced, they began to divide the spoils.

Wang Xia was ambitious, he invaded the capital and saw the prosperity of the capital, and he would never retreat again. At this time, Ban Han and others discovered that they were luring thieves into the nest, and now it is easy to ask God to send God away.

Wang Xia and the Beidi soldiers started a melee, and had no time to take care of the little emperor who had fled to Rongzhou.

The little emperor fled to the Fengning Palace in Rongzhou, and Nie Kun, the prefect of Rongzhou, followed him on his horse and waited on him. Nie Kun rubbed his hands and was obviously very excited. Now the person the little emperor trusts most is him. Although it is not obvious on the surface, Nie Kun secretly has an idea that is eager to move in his heart-to take the emperor to make the princes.

It seemed that supreme power and glory lay ahead.

Therefore, Nie Kun was very motivated. In Rongzhou, he used the righteousness of the little emperor Qi Huabin to recruit troops and recruit troops from the southern states to attack the capital together, support the little emperor to return to Beijing, and drive the northern rebels out of the capital.

Nie Kun made people write the essay with enthusiasm, and the little emperor almost cried bitterly when he saw him wholeheartedly for himself.

However, after Nie Kun sent letters to various forces, there were very few responses, including Yuzhou next door, Jianzhou that had been hit by a disaster, Dingzhou that was not interested, and Yunzhou that was far away.

This... scattered, only they Rongzhou and Yuzhou still have a little bit of confidence, how can such loose sand become a climate.

"Where's Xuanzhou?? Where's Yangzhou?? Where's Yuanzhou?"

"Xuanzhou, Yangzhou, and Yuanzhou are fighting together!"

"Duan Shubai led the coalition forces of Xuanyang and Yangzhou to capture most of Yuanzhou, saying I don't have time to come to Rongzhou to discuss important matters."

"The north is rebelling!! Is the south going to rebel too!"

"Send someone to tell Duan Shubai whether he should be loyal to the emperor or not. He was promoted."

Duan Shubai led thousands of people to guard the border between Yuanzhou and Xuanzhou. After knowing the situation in the north, and Chen Honghai intending to send troops to drive him out of the coast of Yuanzhou, he slapped his head and thought for a while. He simply led the army to directly attack the hinterland of Yuanzhou. He thought it would last a few months, but who knew that the defenses of the cities in Yuanzhou were like paper. In no man's land, in less than half a month, most of Yuanzhou's land was under his command, and his soldiers and horses also snowballed to tens of thousands.

Duan Shubai stood in front of the team to count the soldiers, in front of him was a neat line of squares, the soldiers swaggered forward, their shouts shook the heavens and the earth.

Duan Shubai: "..."

He really didn't want to occupy Yuanzhou so soon.

When he captured Chen Honghai, Hao Xingfan and other Yuanzhou officials and soldiers, and took the position of Yuanzhou prefect, he was still a little speechless. Duan Shu propped his chin on his white hands while drinking and thought, maybe he really had to thank Yan Li and others for writing Small story book.

At the beginning, he had an idea and called a group of well-trained storytellers and theater troupes over to publicize their past stories of eliminating bandits, telling the stories so emotionally, and shaping his army into mighty troops, which added a lot of The artistic processing of literature is even more fascinating, and these storytellers are originally from Xinyang City, and they are familiar with the affairs of Xinyang City.

The people in Xinyang City believed in Duan Shubai as a god, and the people in the city lived their lives with incomparable confidence. After arriving in Yuanzhou, they naturally boasted about Duan Shubai's name as the God of War in the North. Brag about him killing evil officials and eliminating bandits in Yangzhou, brag about their well-trained army, brag about how good life is in Yangzhou now, brag about their general's lucky star descending to the earth, and after arriving in Yangzhou, auspicious purple air will come from the east, every year Good harvest...

"Our general has made countless military exploits in the Northland, and was named Hussar General..."

"When our general first came to Yangzhou, he pierced the throat of an evil official... with twenty manpower to fight three Hundreds of thieves..."

"Our general is so powerful that he can chop white tigers..." "Our

general also brought us a hundred family banquets and set off river lanterns... The general's wife is also unparalleled in righteousness. When there was a plague in Yangcheng, it was Madam took great pains to take people to cure the patients, and later opened a medical clinic, often treating us for free..."

These stories and deeds are widely spread in Yuanzhou. It is so familiar that there is no conflict.

In addition, after General Duan took over the several cities in Yuanzhou, he strictly restrained the army, did not burn, kill, loot, or disturb the people. Ordinary people can live as they want... Their life is much happier than when Chen Honghai ruled. The management of upper patrols is more stringent, and incidents of stealing chickens and dogs have decreased. Duan Shubai also sent people here to build a school and announced a reduction in taxes. The people were looking forward to Duan Shubai, wishing that he would come and bring them under the rule soon.

"General Duan is coming!!!!"

"Call me as soon as you come, we ordinary people, just stay at home."

"It is said that General Duan is unparalleled in appearance, and now he only has one husband. Will he..."

"I hid in the corner of the window secretly I took a look at him, he is very handsome, if he is interested in me, I am willing to marry General Duan as my concubine."

"Hmph, you don't even look in the mirror, I heard Mrs. Duan is unparalleled in beauty, she is the most beautiful twin in the capital, General Husband and wife love each other so much, how can I look up to a country woman like you."

The city gate was opened wide, there was no resistance, the army and the people cooperated, and it was orderly.

Many people in Yuanzhou joined the army enthusiastically, which is why the size of his army has snowballed.

"I want to join the army, I want to join the army!!!!" "I want to join

the army too!"

After breaking through the city, there were countless young and middle-aged people queuing up on the long street, eager to join the army. "When are you still recruiting people? I want to take my brother to join the army."

Judging from the reaction of the people in Yuanzhou, Chen Honghai is really unpopular. The people can't wait for someone to pull him down. Searching for people's fat and anointing, conniving relatives to rob people's daughters, letting sailors pretend to be water bandits to rob people for money was also exposed. They satirized Chen Honghai's many injustices and would kill himself. The families of those officers and soldiers who were arrested also vented their hatred on For Chen Honghai, their family members made a mistake, and now they deserve to pay their debts through labor, but Chen Honghai, who led them astray, is the chief culprit.

Duan Shubai completely occupied Yuanzhou. After arresting Chen Honghai, he did not continue to make troubles. He made people continue to recruit all kinds of talents, build schools, re-establish official assessment standards, adjust taxes, and train recruits, especially the newly selected soldiers. , He asked the veterans to lead the recruits, and the whole army trained sooner or later. At the same time, he led people to wipe out Chen Honghai's family property, and copied out countless gold, silver and jewels.

Duan Shubai ransacked his house while not making petty tricks. Before building a new house in Xinyang City, he got a lot of rewards immediately after building a house. The rewarded seeds and grains were almost piled up into hills. He secretly transferred the rice grains in the system to fill them up. Entering the warehouse of Chen Honghai and his family, pretending to be the grain that was confiscated from the house, the soldiers counted the belongings and sighed angrily: "I can't think of this prefect's family hiding so much rice grain!"

"Yes, these are all The best white rice!"

"Shuoshu! Hateful."

He also sent people to ship the seeds from Yangzhou to Yuanzhou and distribute them to farmers for planting. filling. Wonju is also at a time when a thousand wastes are waiting to be done. There are so many things that people are in a hurry, and people come and go in a hurry, so no one notices the extra seeds that will happen by accident.

"Why is there an extra thousand catties? Could it be that it was brought in just now?"

"It was brought in just now. I saw the car."

Even if occasionally some soldiers couldn't figure out why there were so many extra things, they would not think too much about it. , will only suspect that they have not learned mathematics well, but indeed very few of them have learned mathematics, and few of them can count clearly, so how can they manage so much? There are many, and the amount allocated in each place is different, so where can manage so much. Duan Shubai

dealt with the basic affairs of Yuanzhou, and spared time to reply to the emergency edict from Rongzhou, which clearly asked: "Do you still want to serve the emperor?"

He was naturally unwilling to work for the emperor, but he wrote in the reply book: To serve the king, to devote oneself to death...