Chapter 19 Gift

The newly planted seedlings in the paddy field are green and lush, and the terraced fields form a beautiful arc. The white clouds in the sky are piled up like clusters of trees with a little snow, and the clear sky is vast and empty.

Duan Shubai was carrying a bamboo pole, walking on the green field by the stream with more than twenty ducklings and his husband.

The fluffy yellow ducklings walked forward bouncing their buttocks, sometimes with their heads down, and sometimes with their necks raised together, and took a few steps forward quickly. The neat and uniform steps were like a flying boat on the land. wave.

A little yellow duck that accidentally sprained its foot and fell behind managed to get up, with its legs and wings flying together, for fear of leaving the team.

It can be said that there is a great sense of collective honor.

Duan Shubai taught Xiao Yuhe how to chase ducks by himself. He turned his head to look at Xiao Yuhe at the side. Today's Young Master Jiao is not dressed in a fancy dress, and his ink-like hair is only tied up lightly with a bright yellow ribbon. , the two hanging hairbands are hung behind the head, which is simple and beautiful, but Duan Shubai took a closer look, and there are three jade bead chains on the middle section of the hairbands. He doesn't like inlaid gold, but prefers Dai Yu.

Matching his headband, he wore a goose yellow dress, Duan Shubai felt that he was very suitable for this bright and bright color, just like himself.

Similarly, he matched perfectly with the group of little yellow ducks with wagging buttocks in front, Duan Shu smiled.

"I don't really want you to drive ducks every day, feed chickens and cows and take care of piglets. I just hope that you have time to visit them, and occasionally feed them to amuse them and pass the time.

" Many people are reclaiming wasteland. Hey, do you want to choose a few fields to plant? You don't need to plow the fields. We are strong and strong and do all the hard work. You just scatter the seeds and pull up the weeds. Watching what you plant grow little by little is a joyful process."

Duan Shubai thought that Xiao Yuhe had been in Xinyang City for several days, but he hadn't done a good job of shopping. He was busy a few days ago, training to plant trees and dig lotus ponds, so he couldn't spare time. He was beaten up today, but he had some free time Walk with him around the perimeter.

"At the end of this road is the canteen, where the soldiers eat."

"Over there is the square, where they usually train." "The place

surrounded by many people is digging a well."

Duan Shubai gave one by one. He explained things about Xinyang City, Xiao Yuhe nodded from time to time, and the soldiers passing by also greeted them with smiles on their faces, "I have met the general, I have seen

the lady." Duan Shubai threw away the rope, and even the man who built the hut secretly wanted to come over to have a look. Duan Shubai looked at the shabby and disgusting smiles on the faces of this group of tall and strong guys, and the corner of his mouth could not bear Twitching unceasingly, the phoenix eyes narrowed, and the group of gossipers were forced back with dangerous eyes.

"Is that the general's wife? I didn't see her a few days ago, but she is really handsome."

"Our wife is not only good-looking, but also kind-hearted. Last time the plague in Yangcheng was cured by him."

"This morning, the general was beaten with a military baton. I heard that he was caught in the cold in the middle of the night. His wife delayed his training by not letting him go out when he was sick. Our general was serious and ordered himself to punish himself. It was revealed that he had a quarrel with his wife just now. " "You're behind the news, look at the appearance of the madam and the general, don't they seem to have

quarreled?"

Ah, the better the relationship, hehehe."

"...don't make it sound like you've married a wife before."

"..."

Xiao Yuhe was watched by a group of gossip wolves, and couldn't help but grab Duan Shubai's sleeve corner. Although he looked like a reserved and polite nobleman on the surface, he was actually showing timidity. Duan Shubai put his arms around his shoulders, showing a protective posture Taking care of him silently, he turned his head and used a bamboo pole as a long-gun to sweep across violently, shaking a group of people back three steps in the air. They have experienced the general's sharp gun.

Duan Shubai took Xiao Yuhe to a place with few people.

"Don't be afraid of them. They just have enough to eat and have nothing to do. The two hundred people who joined us don't recognize you. It's just a surprise. Look at those who came with us and don't join in the fun." Although Duan Shubai That's what he said, but with sharp eyes, he caught several veterans who were mixing in the crowd and stirring up troubles. He remembered them all and took care of them in future drills.

The little yellow ducks quacked and huddled together and moved forward. This is a group of little yellow ducks who are not afraid of people by nature. Even if they were surrounded by a group of people just now, they moved forward leisurely with their buttocks twisted, without any panic or fear.

They walked at the foot of the mountain, the little yellow ducks led the way, their fat buttocks twisted vigorously.

Xiao Yuhe suddenly snatched the bamboo pole from Duan Shubai's hand, and with a naughty heart, he poked the little yellow duck's upturned buttocks, fiddled with the fat duck's little wings, and bullied a group of innocent short-legged ducks to keep warm.

He suddenly found the joy of catching ducks.

"It's Xinyang City? After shopping for a long time, why didn't I see a single store? It's too boring."

Duan Shubai coughed, "The conditions are not good now, just wait another three or four months, and then the food will be sold." With the market and streets well planned, you can see all kinds of shops, why? You want to buy something now? I can take you to Yangcheng—"

Xiao Yuhe shook his head: "I used to be in the Hou Mansion, and there were very few I had the opportunity to go out, but I saw the bustling streets outside from the carriage and sedan chair, and the cries of the west market in the capital were loud, especially those selling candied haws."

Duan Shubai was curious: "When you were at home, how did you live every day?" Appreciate plum blossoms and drink tea, go out for outings and temples in April and May to pray for blessings, pick lotus in June and July to enjoy fish, and chat around the fireside in the twelfth lunar month."

Duan Shubai sighed; "Sounds very interesting, suitable for You, following me here, really wronged you."

Xiao Yuhe hurriedly said: "No, life is like that every day, and it's very boring, coming here, I... I'm used to it."

Duan Shu Bai smiled, and suddenly mentioned: "Last night, you were actually homesick, right? In the past one and a half months since you came out, Yangzhou is far away from the capital—" He lowered his eyes and continued: "Do you want to give it to me?" Your mother writes a letter home, and I'll get someone to send it back for you."

Xiao Yu and his pair of beautiful fox eyes suddenly lit up: "Is that okay?"

Duan Shubai rubbed his nose, nodded with a low smile.

Xiao Yuhe couldn't hold back his smile any longer, with warm spring water flowing in his eyes, he looked into Duan Shubai's eyes and said seriously: "Husband, thank you."

Being called "Husband" again, Duan Shubai Blinking his eyes, something was still wrong, but this time he didn't have the feeling of toothache before, maybe he got used to it, or maybe it was the burning wound on his back that made other sensory organs of his body numb.

Xiao Yuhe smiled to himself for a while, looked at Duan Shubai's face, and persuaded softly: "Let's go back, you are still running around with injuries all over your body, look at you, your lips are all white, and you still laugh , how can you still look like a general leading an army to fight a war, more like a sick man who has been sick for many years, really don't think of yourself as a human being?"

Duan Shubai turned his head and joked: "Didn't you ask me the day you first came? Isn't it human? Does Xiao Xiaogong have an answer now? Sick man? Do you believe that this sick man like me can lift you up with just one hand?"

"Just talk big." Xiao Yuhe glared at him, and rebuked the other party's faults one by one: "disobedient, pushy, sloppy, drunk..."

"What about you, you love cleanliness, you want face, you have a bad temper, Stare at people at every turn..."

"I won't tell you anymore, I'm going back anyway, if you want to go shopping, go shopping slowly by yourself!"

"Okay, okay, I'll go back with you, we have to get rid of these little people first. Send the yellow duck back."

Duan Shubai used a bamboo pole to guide the short legs to turn, Xiao Yuhe caught a glimpse of a duck that was knocked dizzy by a group of ducks, and laughed out loud, looking at Duan Shubai beside him, he suddenly remembered For one thing, he untied the yellow brocade pouch at his waist, and spread out his palms in front of Duan Shubai: "Here." Duan Shubai picked up

the brocade pouch and asked inexplicably, "What is this?"

Look, it is a piece of green jade pendant, it is the one that fell into the lotus pond yesterday, "What do you give it to me? I found it for you with great difficulty."

Xiao Yuhe took another look at the piece of jade pendant with two pedicles, his tone calm Surprised, he said: "Give it to you."

Duan Shubai smiled embarrassedly and said: "What are you giving it to me? I'm not like you walking around with a sachet and jade pendant every day. It's useless to ask for it." Yupei put it back into the kit and returned it to Xiao Yuhe.

Xiao Yuhe pushed his hand away, and his tone was very strong: "If I say I gave it to you, I gave it to you. There is no reason to return what I gave away."

Duan Shubai waved the kit in front of him. After a while, "Give it to me? Your father gave it to you."

"No more."

Duan Shubai put the jade pendant in his pocket, "Okay, then I will take it for now and keep it for you. If you I plan to come back in the future, and I will return it to you."

The green seedlings in the field gradually elongate, changing day by day, and the blue color becomes more intense and even begins to change. Under the bright sunlight, the rice grains begin to turn yellow, and hang down like a hunchback. Ridge after ridge of dense sweet potato leaves are staggered and climbed together. Looking from a distance, you can only see layers of complex green leaves, without any shadow of soil. Green in light and shade.

"Earing ears!! Earning ears!!!" Liang Feng who came back from the field shouted and ran back to his residence.

Liu Dong, who was rushing through the door in their building, laughed at him: "Isn't it just tassels? It's so rare to use, and the flowers have blossomed and grown, so you're just screaming now."

"No, so much rice planted on the terraced fields hangs , and each grain is full, not empty!" Liang Feng danced and gestured, "I have been planting fields at home for several years, and I have never seen so many crops!!!!

" Good harvest, the mountains in the north are all like this, with this growth, so much land, how much grain can be produced!!" Liang Feng wiped his face excitedly, he had never seen such rice since he was a child.