Chapter 160 Borrowing Soldiers

Ma Chongjin didn't play charades, and nodded, "General Duan, have you guessed it?"

Duan Shu's white eyes darkened, and the sudden change of address meant that what he was talking about later was not a family matter... He closed the dagger in his hand, and slapped it away. Going back to the weapon rack, "This is not the place to talk, come with me, uncle."

Sitting down in the meeting hall, the screen backed away, Duan Shubai could actually guess what Ma Chongjin would tell him, what the other party said these days Little tricks didn't evade him, and he just sent someone to inquire about the situation in the four prefectures of Yang, Yun, Xuan, and Yuan under his jurisdiction.

Today, maybe the other party is very satisfied with the situation he detected, so come to talk about cooperation, or is it a request?

As a qualified businessman, I am really cautious.

Duan Shubai dragged his cheeks, thinking so boringly in his heart.

Ma Chongjin, who was sitting near him, was speechless for a while, "..."

He looked at Duan Shubai with his cheeks dragging in front of him, no matter how he looked at it, the picture didn't feel serious, no, in fact, looking at it alone, General Duan in front of him was still very serious , However, he just saw the chubby chubby Tuantuan who was not very serious but was eight points similar to the other party, so now he looks at General Duan.

In other words, the little fat man dragged his cheeks to see him.

— not serious at all.

And what he wants to talk about later must be serious.

Ma Chongjin coughed, warning himself not to think wildly at such a serious moment, he regained his calm tone when discussing business, and cut directly to the topic, "General Duan, I was entrusted by the second prince of the Great Shun Kingdom of Xiyuan, to come here. I beg you...to borrow troops."

Duan Shubai: "..."

It's not about business! Although his heart was full of turmoil, he didn't show it at all on the surface, and his calm and calm appearance was very capable of bluffing people.

But he withdrew the hand that was dragging his cheeks, and his heart changed from boring to interesting and curious, which is more interesting than talking about business.

"Borrowing soldiers?" What kind of soldiers are borrowing, reaching out to him with such a long hand, "Uncle, why not tell me in detail."

So Ma Chongjin began to introduce Xiyuan and the land of Dashun in Xiyuan and the grievances and grievances in it. Rich in fine horses, fine wines and jewels, it is an oasis country in the desert. It was originally subject to the former dynasty and offered rare treasures every year in order to seek peace.

The health of the king of the Shun Kingdom is getting worse day by day, but the crown prince of their country stepped into the soil earlier, and now there is no successor to the throne. The second prince and the third prince are fighting against each other. It was normal, but the third prince got the help of Dingzhou Dingxi Wang Hua Kangyuan. In this battle for the throne, the second prince Daguo was at a disadvantage.

In desperation, he also found foreign aid in a whimsical way.

Yuanzhou and Dingzhou were the only ones who could send troops to Shun, and Dingxi King in Dingzhou couldn't get through, so he had to find General Duan Shubai Duan to accommodate him.

"If the general can help the second prince win the throne, he will bring Dashun to submit to the general and offer horses and fine wine every year..."

It means that if he is willing to lend him troops, he will be able to get an automatic In the Junma fine wine production resource base, a large group of people raised horses and brewed wine for him for free.

Brewing is a good thing.

Duan Shubai thought so fieryly in his heart.

"General Duan, look..."

"I'll have to think about this matter for a few days. Uncle will wait a few days before hearing my reply... At this moment, Yu and the others should have had enough chats. Let's have dinner together."

Ma Chongjin nodded, and when he brought up this matter, He knew he couldn't get an answer on the spot, so he was relieved, as long as Duan Shubai didn't refuse immediately.

However, General Duan did not refuse immediately, nor did he ask more questions, which really surprised Ma Chongjin a little.

His nephew-in-law is quite puzzling.

Xiao Yuhe fed Xiao Tuantuan some sweet-scented osmanthus cakes, this little thing was clamoring for candy, he didn't like to feed his son candy, his mouth was full of syrup, Xiao Yuhe hated it very much.

Sticky and greasy, all stained on his beloved clothes.

Seeing Duan Shubai coming, he quickly gave up his son's seat to him.

Duan Shubai didn't want to feed his son candies either, so he asked people to remove all the candies. Xiao Tuantuan saw that his favorite Tangtang was gone, and was about to open his mouth to cry. Serve it.

Let the little fat man drool and eat meat.

Because the two fathers didn't like to feed him candy, so Xiao Tuantuan basically didn't eat any candy when he was young. As the saying goes, regrets in childhood will be more satisfied when he grows up. Big Tuantuan always secretly eats candy in the dead of night. Except for his husband, no one knew that this god of war who terrified his enemies secretly loved sweets.

At the end of the banquet, Yang Maoyan curiously asked what happened just now. He knew about Ma Chongjin looking for Duan Shubai. Their family has a close relationship with the second prince. If the second prince inherits the throne, their family's business in Xiyuan can be further improved .

"Did Shubai agree?"

Ma Chongjin shook his head, "I said I'll think about it for a few days before replying."

Although he said this, Ma Chongjin did not have any hope for the result, "I am just a messenger, it doesn't matter if I succeed or not, we treat the second prince with the utmost benevolence."

Yang Maoyan nodded, and the servant brought him a bowl of medicine When he came over, Ma Chongjin asked curiously, "What is this?"

"The prescription Yuhe gave me said that it would take a year or two to improve my health..." Yang Maoyan smiled. Hope is gone.

Over the years, I don't know how much I have taken in seeking medical advice.

Xiao Yuhe has given him a lot of comfort. Xiao Yuhe has also been recuperating his body in the past two years, holding a few prescriptions in his hands. He pondered Yang Maoyan's body, and it is not impossible for him to improve. The recipe I ate was slightly improved, and it was just right for Yang Maoyan.

Although Xiao Yuhe couldn't give the exact time, he is confident that Yang Maoyan will have a perfect result after following this recipe for a few years.

Ma Chongjin hugged him and kissed him, "Yuhe has excellent medical skills, maybe a miracle can happen."

"I hope so." No matter what, it's always good to have hope.

Three days later, to Ma Chongjin's surprise, Duan Shubai really agreed to his loan. He was ready to go back to Xiyuan, but he didn't want such a big bomb to explode suddenly.

"Why is uncle surprised?"

Ma Chongjin was indeed surprised, almost biting his own tongue.

"Sixty thousand troops, is that enough?"

"Enough, enough." Although Dashun has a big character, it is actually not that big of a country.

"That's it."

It's done, it's done...

Ma Chongjin was in a trance, saying it was so simple, it was as if he had negotiated an ordinary transaction. In fact, this was also an ordinary transaction, except that the things he bought and sold were soldiers and horses.

"Let the second prince's cronies come and talk to us in detail."

Duan Shubai thought about it carefully. He did not lose money on this deal. He directly dispatched 60,000 troops from Yuanzhou. The 60,000 troops It happened that he created it himself when he conquered Yuanzhou. After continuous recruitment, the number of soldiers and horses belonging to him in Yuanzhou has already exceeded 200,000.

He has a lot of money and food. Although he didn't shout anything loudly, in fact, the combined number of soldiers and horses controlled by him in several states in private has already exceeded one million...

He is still a million-dollar marshal.

If there is money and food, there will be people.

If it wasn't for the completion of the task of building the city, which requires a permanent population of 100,000, he would have dispatched troops to complete the task long ago, but letting the soldiers move in with great fanfare would indeed have a bad effect. Now he still needs to keep a low profile and keep a low profile.

He didn't recruit soldiers in a big way for fear that others would not know, but secretly recruited a few batches from time to time, training and farming during the day, and when necessary, let them go to the battlefield with guns, and he would never lose to others.

Over the past few years, Xinyang City has been doing well. No one knows how much grain he has stored. In addition, the reserves in his system space will be sent to the granary from time to time under the guise of buying them from merchants. The grain in their warehouses is much to the astonishingly terrible.

If he raised his arms and waved his troops northward at this time, he could use money and food to recruit more soldiers and horses.

However, if you go head-to-head with the north at this time, then blood will flow into rivers, and as a modern person, Duan Shubai doesn't really want to do such a thing.

The battle will be fought eventually, but a good time must be chosen.

At the beginning, Jiang Taigong assisted King Wu to defeat Zhou, and he knew that he would wait for him to kill all his loyal ministers and raise troops when the people's hearts were completely lost. Naturally, he could wait, and it is best to obtain the final result with as little loss as possible.

If you want to succeed, you must endure.

As the regent, Nie Kun is leading troops to expel the Wangxia alien race. Morally speaking, he belongs to the righteous army. Without making any mistakes, if Duan Shubai went north to attack him at this time, he would fall into a dilemma between two sides.

Then he would appear to have learned from no one, and even let himself stand on the tip of the knife in the hearts of the people.

People are struggling to fight against the alien race, but you send troops to hold back, you are a blatant villain.

In war, we must pay attention to the reputation of a teacher. The advantage of standing on the moral ground is that there will always be people in this world who will fight to the end for money or power.

So at this time, Duan Shubai could not march his troops to the north with gongs and drums, but could only quietly move the border north.

At this time, it is also feasible for him to borrow soldiers to earn some pocket money.

He was not afraid that the Kingdom of Shun and King Dingxi would intentionally set up a trap to ambush his troops, and if something went wrong in the process, it would just give him a name to expand the territory to the west.

If you can't fight northward, then go westward horizontally to give him a chance to train and march.

If the matter of borrowing troops goes smoothly and assists the second prince to ascend to the throne, then he will have a reserve battalion of horses, food and grass, and at the same time he can attack Dingzhou from both inside and outside.

If the second prince Daguo ascends the throne, he intends to renege on his debt.

Then destroy it.