Chapter 18 Jade Pendant

The clothes were wet and stuck to his body, and Xiao Yuhe shrank his body when he was blown by the cold wind, "Then I'm going back, how about you?"

Duan Shubai smiled, shook the black seed in his hand, and said: "I'll go up after planting the lotus for you."

Xiao Yuhe couldn't help but worry and said, "It's cold, be careful of getting sick."

"Don't worry, my clothes are not wet, and I'm in good health."

Xiao Yuhe went back After soaking in a hot flower petal bath, he soaked in the steaming hot water, the wooden barrel was covered with pink petals, smelling the sweet aroma, he felt the muddy smell on his body disappeared, and by the side of the bath barrel Xiao Yuhe angrily planned to soak his dirty clothes in the small wooden basin overnight before washing.

Duan Shubai tidied up the lotus pond, clapped his hands, and waited for a few months to bloom and bear fruit.

After taking a shower, he changed into a white uniform and went to the kitchen to help Xiao Yuhe serve the dishes. Due to an accident in the evening, their family ate half an hour later than usual today, and Xiao Yuhe glared at him several times during the meal. , as if he wanted to eat Duan Shubai as a meal, his appetite was twice as good as that of the previous few days, and regardless of the rule of eating three meals, one dish was sandwiched four, five, six or seven times.

Duan Shubai nodded secretly, sure enough, if he was more active, he would eat more.

Before going to sleep, Xiao Yuhe was rummaging around in the room. Duan Shubai went upstairs and saw him dig out six or seven small mahogany golden lock boxes. What?"

Xiao Yuhe was anxious: "One of my jade pendants is missing."

"Jade pendant?"

"Where did I put it? I saw you at noon tomorrow." Xiao Yuhe was anxious, obviously the jade pendant was very important to him.

"What kind of jade pendant is it important?"

"It's very important. It was a birthday present from my father."

Xiao Yuhe's father had passed away, so the gift from his father was naturally a relic, and it meant a lot to him.

Duan Shubai said: "Think about it again, where did you put it after seeing it at noon?"

Xiao Yuhe closed his eyes, tried his best to calm down his messy thoughts, and thought hard in his mind, "After I played with it in my hand at noon , I fell asleep on the soft couch with the jade pendant next to the pillow. When I got up..."

"Ah!" Xiao Yuhe took a deep breath, "I remembered! waist, and then I went downstairs—"

Xiao Yuhe went downstairs to the bathroom, Duan Shubai followed, Xiao Yuhe rummaged through the pile of clothes for a long time, "No, where did you fall? The

two of them, together with Qiu Ran who came in a hurry, searched the yard for a long time, but still did not see the shadow of the jade pendant. Duan Shubai looked at the muddy area, reflecting the dark muddy water of the moon, and said: "It is possible It fell into the lotus pond."

Xiao Yuhe was about to cry anxiously: "How do I find it?"

Duan Shubai sighed and comforted him, "Don't worry, if you fall into the lotus pond, then I will definitely help you find it." Come out, but it's getting late now, it's so dark that we can't see anything clearly, let's go back to rest and sleep, and come back to fish tomorrow during the day."

Xiao Yuhe looked dejectedly, looked at the dark and muddy water with a bitter face, It had to be like this.

In the middle of the night, Xiao Yuhe lay on the bed tossing and turning and couldn't fall asleep. The jade pendant was lost, and thoughts of his parents and the capital swirled in his mind, and he couldn't rest because of tossing and turning.

After tossing and turning for a long time, Xiao Yuhe finally fell asleep. After sleeping for less than half an hour, he was awakened by a messy nightmare. Xiao Yuhe sat up with his upper body panting heavily while holding the quilt. It was empty, Duan Shubai was gone.

He put on his coat, lit a candle, went downstairs along the carved wooden ladder, walked out the door all the way, and saw a familiar figure in the dark lotus pond.

The wind at night was very cold, Xiao Yuhe wrapped up his clothes, "What are you doing? Didn't you say you'll look for it tomorrow?"

Duan Shubai bent down and was still groping in the mud, and said in a casual tone: "You've been arguing over and over again. I can't sleep, and I thought I can't sleep anyway, so why don't I get up and find it for you."

"It's so cold at night, the water is still frozen, come out quickly, don't look for it, I don't want it."

"What? If you don't want it, I'll look for it again, you go back to sleep." Duan Shubai scratched in the icy water and mud, seemed to have touched a round object, and said happily: "Hey! Yuhe, come and see, this Is it the jade pendant you lost? You are so lucky that you found it as soon as you came here."

Duan Shubai washed the things he picked up in muddy water to clean the silt, and held them up for Xiao Yuhe to see. With the faint light, Duan Shubai barely recognized it as a lotus-shaped jade pendant.

No wonder Young Master Jiao likes it so much.

Xiao Yuhe glanced casually, took the jade pendant in his hand, and hurriedly urged: "Come up quickly, your hands are cold to ice, be careful of catching cold."

Duan Shubai climbed out of the water leisurely, "Don't worry, I'm in good health, I can't get sick, now I found something, you can sleep well, and I can have a good night's rest."

"Look, is it the jade pendant you dropped? Since it's your father I gave it to you, keep it well in the future, go back to the room and sleep, be careful not to catch cold in the wind at night." Duan Shubai urged Xiao Yuhe to go back to the room to sleep.

Xiao Yuhe took two steps back, seeing that Duan Shubai hadn't followed, he asked doubtfully, "What about you? You won't go back with me?"

"Look at my current muddy appearance, how can I get on your big carved bed, I'll just spend the night outside casually." Duan Shubai yawned. Then, it will not be like this at night.

Thinking of Xiao Yuhe's words during the day, "If you talk nonsense, you'll sleep here today!", it really came true.

"No, you and I will go back, and you have to take a hot bath. You heard that your voice has changed. I'll make you a bowl of ginger soup."

Duan Shubai took two steps back, sneered and said: "No need Let's go."

Xiao Yuhe grabbed his sleeve, not allowing him to refuse, Duan Shu followed him lightly, took a shower, changed into dry clothes, drank a bowl of ginger soup, and was poured down by Xiao Yuhe. A bowl of unknown medicine, when he returned to the bed, it was almost Yin time, Duan Shubai felt a little hot in a daze, the medicine might have the effect of helping sleep, he looked at Ye Leu in a trance and said: "I can still sleep for a while." It's been a long time, Yuhe, if I don't get up at Maoshi, just call me, I have to take the soldiers to the mountain to run with heavy loads in the morning..."

Before he finished speaking, he fell asleep, and Xiao Yuhe lay beside him, Holding the clean jade pendant in his arms, he couldn't fall asleep, so he kept his eyes open until dawn.

After a long time, the sky brightened.

"What time is it now?" Duan Shubai sat up abruptly, he asked in surprise and doubt as the snow-white light came in from the window.

Xiao Yuhe brought up a stack of freshly steamed red bean cakes, and said, "You're awake, it's already Chenshi, come and have a cake, I just made red bean cakes."

"Chenshi? Why did you Won't you call me?"

"At that time you had a fever, so I didn't wake you up and let you sleep for a while." Xiao Yuhe put the cake on the table, went to the bed and sat down, touched Duan Shubai's forehead, Smiling softly: "Retired."

Duan Shubai shook off his hand, lifted the quilt and quickly changed into clothes.

"You don't need to worry. Vice President Zhang just passed by. I helped you deal with it. Come, have a cake." Xiao Yuhe picked up a piece of cake and was about to feed it to Duan Shubai's mouth.

Duan Shubai didn't even look at him, and slammed the door out.

Xiao Yuhe snorted on the spot: "The tone is so fierce, what did I do wrong? It's not for your own good. I don't know good people. If you don't eat it, I will eat it myself."

Xiao Yuhe ate two yuan, Carefully wrap the rest in oiled paper and save Duan Shubai to eat when he comes back.

He sent Qiuran to wash the clothes he had changed yesterday, while Xiao Yuhe finished washing and drying Duan Shubai's clothes, sat on the jade couch and sewed a few clothes, humming a little song to choose beans in the room. He sent some red beans, and he selected plump and bright red beans to make red bean rice.

As the general's wife, even if the conditions in Xinyangcheng are not good, she will not treat him badly. Naturally, someone will help him exchange any ingredients he wants with the villagers, and go to Yangcheng or even Xuanzhou to buy them.

"My lord, something has happened!" Qiu Ran hurriedly rushed into the wooden building and shouted.

Xiao Yuhe put down the dustpan, "What's the matter? Shouting, what can happen here?"

Qiu Ran hurriedly climbed the stairs while talking: "Young master, I heard on the way... He was beaten with forty army sticks."

"What?" Xiao Yuhe slapped the table and said angrily, "Who dares to beat him?"

"My uncle ordered it himself, saying that he violated military regulations..." Standing Qiu Ran, who was out of breath at the door, finished speaking in a low voice, then raised her eyes and peeked at her young master.

Xiao Yuhe only felt that his heart was blocked in one breath, and something seemed to be blocked in his throat. After soaking in cold water at night, he became hot, and finally the fever subsided, and he was beaten with forty army sticks. He really thought he was hardened, Xiao Yuhe bulged his eyes, and gritted his teeth: "Qiu Ran, where is he, let's go find him." , so that he won't be able to crawl back."

"My lord, the executioner was executed in public at the other side of the square."

Xiao Yuhe hurriedly went downstairs with Qiu Ran, and before he could take Qiu Ran out of the room, the man who "couldn't crawl" came back by himself.

Duan Shubai turned around and said to Zhang Changle: "Go back first."

Zhang Changle hesitated, and after a while said: "Yes."

Duan Shubai stepped across the threshold with his back straightened.

Xiao Yuhe stood at the top of the stairs, watching the man come back by himself, his usual appearance was the same, he didn't even bend his back, and his anger was swept away. Have you been hit by a military baton? I know you haven't, you are a general, how dare they fight—" Speaking of this, he suddenly saw the blood on the back of Duan Shubai's shoulder, and exclaimed: "Blood!"

Duan Shubai After walking a few steps, he sat down at the square table, poured himself a cup of tea, and drank it to quench his thirst.

Standing behind him, Xiao Yuhe carefully unbuttoned his clothes, revealing his bruised and purple back. Large and small shadows of sticks overlapped on the broad back. Xiao Yuhe's eyes were red, and his clothes were sticking to his flesh. With trembling hands, he gently removed them, and yelled for Qiu Ran to get the healing medicine.

Xiao Yuhe's eyes were red, and his voice was choked up: "Why did they hit you."

Duan Shubai smiled wryly: "I made a mistake, and I deserve to be punished."

Who made him drag Young Master Jiao into the quagmire yesterday and lost the jade pendant, Missed training in the morning.

It's cool for a while, and the crematorium will follow. He deserved it for causing this series of disasters.

Xiao Yuhe snatched the teacup from his hand and threw it on the ground with all his strength. There was a crisp sound of "bang", and the broken tiles scattered in all directions. The cabin became even quieter. Xiao Yuhe said hoarsely, "I see! You You are blaming me! You blame me for not calling you in the morning! Then I am the one who caused you to violate military discipline, so let them beat me!"

Duan Shubai glanced at him lightly, and took another teacup to pour tea: " It's none of your business."

Xiao Yuhe shed two tears, his eyes were red and swollen: "Why it's none of my business, I caused it, then I should be punished together with you, you let someone beat me forty sticks too Let's go."

Seeing his tear-filled eyes, Duan Shubai's heart softened suddenly, and seeing that Xiao Yuhe seemed to rush out to find someone to beat him with a stick, he quickly grabbed his wrist, made him sit on a stool beside him, and gently moved his hands Wipe away tears for him: "Say something stupid, if you beat me with forty sticks, will my young master Jiao still be there? Be good, well, you also made mistakes and must be punished. This general will punish you to apply medicine for me, will it work?"

Xiao Yuhe cried and muttered: "What kind of punishment is this?"

"Okay, okay, Qiu Ran brought the medicine, Xiao Yuhe, you still haven't received the punishment." Duan Shubai ordered with a serious expression.

Xiao Yuhe took the medicine bottle awkwardly, and poured it on him with tears in his eyes, with gentle movements of his hands, for fear of accidentally hurting him.

Duan Shubai laughed out loud: "Can you hurry up? It makes me itchy, I'm afraid of itching if I'm not afraid of pain."

His words provoked Xiao Yuhe's attack, Duan Shubai gasped, Xiao Yuhe said viciously : "You deserve it to death!"

Although he said so, his next movements were still extremely gentle.

It took three cups of tea time for Xiao Yuhe to slowly finish his punishment.

Duan Shubai put on his clothes and fastened his belt, looked at Xiao Yuhe who was still in a bad mood, and said with a smile: "The medicine is finished, I'll take you somewhere."

Xiao Yuhe glared at him angrily: "Where are you going to run with all your injuries?"

Duan Shubai gave him a "relief" look, and joked: "Relax, I'm alive and well now, thank you Xiao The young master let me sleep for more than an hour, I am refreshed."

"You talk nonsense, you know how to be brave."

"Don't be brave, follow me."

Duan Shubai took him to the forest in the west, the edge of the forest was already Three houses were built, and these wooden houses will enclose a compound in the shape of "Hui". Now there are still people who continue to build wooden houses on the side. When they saw Duan Shubai, they saluted: "I have seen the general, I've seen Madam."

Duan Shubai nodded, and led Xiao Yuhe into the yard, many wooden boxes were piled up in front of the built wooden house, the two stood in front of the pile of wooden boxes, Xiao Yuhe saw the top one In the small box without a lid is a flock of humming... little yellow ducks.

Xiao Yuhe looked at the people around him, silently asking: What did you bring me here for?

Duan Shubai patted Xiao Yuhe's shoulder, couldn't help laughing, touched his nose, then coughed and said seriously: "Comrade Xiao Yuhe, now the general officially appoints you as the director of the breeding department. This territory is all under your control."

Comrade? Director of the Aquaculture Department? And this group of little yellow ducks, Xiao Yuhe almost bit his own tongue, he didn't know if he was angry or for some reason trembling all over and said: "You actually let me, a prince of the Marquis, raise chickens and ducks?"

Duan Shu Bai stretched out Shaking a finger, "Not only chickens and ducks, but also lambs, cows, ponies, and rabbits in the future..."

Xiao Yuhe doubled his voice, "What's the difference!!"

Duan Shu Bai laughed: "Do you understand that labor is the most glorious thing? It's not good to be bored at home all day. This small wooden building is no better than a large courtyard. You have no place to admire it. It's pitiful to see you looking in front of the window every day."

Xiao Yuhe lowered his head and said sullenly: "Then let me chase the ducks. When you first came to Yangcheng, you coaxed me that you would let me live in a big house and ask the imperial chef to cook for me..."

Duan Shubai Patting his head, he said softly: "Is it possible to build a big house for you in the future? Besides Yu Chu, doesn't our family already have a chef who is better than Yu Chu?"

"You mean me?" Xiao Yuhe pointed point to oneself.

Duan Shubai nodded.

Xiao Yuhe's eyes widened: "You bastard."

Duan Shubai nodded to confirm: "Okay, I'm a bastard, by the way, there are two vegetable fields behind our house, I picked up and planted some things before, Give it to the imperial chef."

Xiao Yuhe pouted and said in distaste: "Just your vegetable field, such wilting little cabbages and rotten eggplants."

Duan Shubai laughed: "I'm not... not good at taking care of it. Well, the careful young master Xiao will help you out."

Xiao Yuhe snorted and didn't say yes or no.

Seeing this, Duan Shubai smiled and continued: "Gianming will build another grape trellis at the door of the house, and put a swing under the trellis so that you can have a place to rest, and build a small pavilion near the lotus pond, where you can drink wine facing the moon in the shade at night. "

Xiao Yuhe crossed his arms and pointedly said: "Then your pavilion needs to be repaired and repaired. If someone accidentally falls into the lotus pond when drunk, don't blame me for falling into the mud. "

"Well, you reminded me that we need to install a guardrail, after all, the one in our family who gets drunk easily is very delicate."

"Duan Shubai, you big bastard."