Chapter 74 Uproar

Chen Honghai, the prefect of Yuanzhou, was so angry that he threw his glass, "Tell me about you, you are too useless, there are only a thousand people on the opposite side, and you, you command several times as many people, and the opponent wins more with less , and so many people were arrested, what did you eat to grow up!"

"I let you do this kind of thing out of my mind!" Most of the soldiers under him were captured alive, and it spread like this, they Yuanzhou Where to put your face.

Hao Xingfan felt that he was really upset. At first he thought he was getting a good job, with his brother-in-law on his head and a group of well-trained soldiers under him. His good brother-in-law has made an untold amount of profit, but now that he has kicked the iron plate, his brother-in-law can only blame him.

The sailors in Yuanzhou were indeed well-trained before, but they won several games in a row. After tasting the windfall, the morale of the troops in the team was slackened, and they all wanted to go astray to make quick money. Who is willing to train hard?

This will bump into the Yangzhou soldiers who have been trained for a long time, and the tiger skin shell they were originally wearing was mercilessly lifted.

Hao Xingfan complained bitterly: "Brother-in-law, those people from Yangzhou are too cunning .

"

I was full of bad water."

Chen Honghai rolled up a book and knocked it on Hao Xingfan's head: "Soldiers are not tired of deceit, you should also be a little cunning, have you read military books?"

"Brother-in-law, I have never read military books, but...we clearly They are acting as water bandits, how can water bandits use reading?"

"The opponents are using dirty tricks, they, they always pretend to be ordinary businessmen to blackmail us."

"Some of them set traps in the water and on the shore, Sacks catch people, like robbers—"

Chen Honghai became even angrier after hearing the words: "Then you're going to blame them too! Are you a water bandit or are they a water bandit?"

Hao Xingfan's face became as miserable as a bitter gourd, and he said helplessly: "But brother-in-law, we also They're not real water bandits..."

"Before, they were good fighters who were trained openly and honestly, so how could they come up with those dirty tricks?"

Chen Honghai couldn't go up and down in one breath, he walked around the room, and stepped on The fragments of the teacup that had just been dropped nearly fell over, "What's all this?

" "Brother-in-law, what should we do now? The people under our command can't be detained in Xuanzhou forever. The family members of the officers and soldiers have already come to ask for someone." Chen Honghai glared at the brother-in-law who failed to accomplish anything but failed. , "What to do, what to do! Sigh... I have no choice but to write a letter to ask people from the two states of Xuanyang." Chen Honghai called his paperwork over, "You, you go and write two letters, first of all thank them for their righteous actions for Yuanzhou. Eliminate the water bandits, but the two of you don't understand the situation in Yuanzhou, and you arrested the wrong person. They mistakenly arrested some Yuanzhou officers and soldiers as water bandits. It was all a misunderstanding. Hao Xingfan, go get the money you got back earlier, and move it away. Send more than half of it with the letter." The secretary nodded respectfully to Yun, then turned and went back to grind ink to write the letter. Hao Xingfan nodded aggrievedly, he didn't dare to say more, but he complained in his heart: his brother-in-law made the most money, but he was going to waste the money and eliminate the disaster. Sun Zhixin and Duan Shubaiquan looked at the two letters as a joke, saying that the "water bandits" they caught were actually officers and soldiers from Yuanzhou. These officers and soldiers had heard that there were water bandits in Shisan Waterway, so they ambush them. The water bandits were caught in the Shisan waterway, but they were caught by the sailors of Xuanyang and Zhouzhou as "water bandits". Therefore, the prefect of Yuanzhou wrote a book to ask them to return them, and attached a lot of money.

"General Duan, do you want to return him?" Sun Zhixin knew where Duan Shubai had sent him back.

Duan Shubai tore up the letter with a smile: "Of course not." Just kidding

, everyone has come to him, so there is no reason to return it.

"Not only will I not let them go, but I will also send people to Yuanzhou with drums and gongs, and tell them that the water bandits in the Thirteenth Waterway were repulsed by our Xuanyang and Yangzhou coalition forces. We eliminated harm for the people and won many businessmen Sincere thanks from the caravan."

"This group of water bandits who have committed many crimes must atone for their sins with labor, and this general will not let them go back until their crimes are atoned."

Sun Zhixin poured himself a cup of hot tea, "General Duan, you Do you really want to go to Yuanzhou to talk about these things with drums and gongs?"

"Of course." Duan Shubai smiled brightly, blushing without panting: "I have already asked someone to write a book and rehearse the story of the allied forces fighting water bandits. People in the state can appreciate the bravery and martial arts of our army from the mouth of the storyteller and on the stage."

"This general is generous, and I will invite them to the storyteller and theatrical troupe for free."

Sun Zhixin thought of that scene and mourned for Chen Bawang of Yuanzhou , he provoked the shameless Duan Bawang who was even harder to offend, "General Duan, what you have done is adding fuel to the flames. Everyone has written a peace letter."

Duan Shubai put the letter that had been torn in half. Burned on the fire, "Speaking of which, does this Chen Taishou look down on me, a mud-legged general, and the gold and silver sent over are not half of yours, Brother Sun."

General Duan said that he is small-minded, and he will hold grudges.

"I have asked someone to return the things he sent over. The old man sits in the bustling Xuanzhou, so how could he value such a small favor."

"Hey—Brother Sun, don't return it. We take things as they are, but people just don't return them. The money is a gift from the prefect of Yuanzhou to thank us for eliminating harm for the people. It is used as military expenses to encourage brave fighters in the war against bandits. The

envoy from Yuanzhou waited for a long time, and tried to explain: "You have misunderstood, those are not bandits, but officers and soldiers of our Yuanzhou, and their families are still waiting for them to go back in Yuanzhou."

Shan Chen: "We didn't misunderstand or not Misunderstanding, after our interrogation, they are all water bandits in Yuanzhou, who have done a lot of evil—our general said that we must not treat this kind of bandit lightly." The

two sides argued with each other for a long time, but there was still no result.

Chen Honghai, the prefect of Yuanzhou, was so angry that his mouth was full of embarrassment. Duan Shubai and Sun Zhixin were two bastards. A bastard.

"Master Chen, it's not good. In the past few days, some people have been talking and singing in the teahouses along the coast..."

"Isn't it just that a few people came here to make a living, what's wrong?"

"My lord, they are talking and singing The joke is a story about sailors from two prefectures in Xuanyang fighting wisely against water bandits..."

"What did you say?" Chen Honghai's head turned black in waves.

"Our people all say that the water bandits are eliminated well, and General Duan's soldiers are brave and invincible."

Chen Honghai cursed: "These two are shameless." Those who

captured him dared to brag about their achievements under his rule. Duan Shubai, Duan Shubai, he really is a reckless general who doesn't know how to be a man. No wonder he offended him and was sent to that shabby place in Yangzhou.

He really wants to tear himself apart?

Chen Honghai has been an official for so many years, and he has never seen an official who would make such a big deal happen. Officials protect each other. Some things need to be known in private. What happened to him secretly seeking some personal gain? Duan Shubai has already taken advantage of it, and now he still has to be reasonable.

"Okay! Don't their caravans want to come to Yuanzhou to do business? I asked him to dream, and passed on my password. Under the rule of Yuanzhou, merchant ships from Xuanyang and Xuanyang are not allowed to dock along the coast."

"But Mr. Chen, we originally People in the state also want to do business."

"Tell Duan Shubai that his people can do business honestly if they want to do business, but we must return our people!"

"Tomorrow you will ask someone to lead soldiers to guard the coastal cities. Come on, let me drive them all away by force. If they are unkind to me first, don't blame me for being unrighteous to him."

The next day, the soldiers in Yuanzhou strictly guarded the various docks along the coast, and they would never allow merchant ships from Xuanyang and Xuanyang to dock. , as soon as the merchants in Yangxuan and Yangzhou were discovered, they were all kicked out.

Those who were not blasted out were captured privately by officers and soldiers, saying that they were robbers disguised as businessmen, and sent the stolen goods to Yuanzhou for trading.

"Recently, a group of robbers came out disguised as Yangzhou businessmen to do business here. They are extremely vicious and murderous without blinking an eye. They have already destroyed several shops in Anhua. The prefect Chen ordered us to strictly guard the main roads along the coast and resolutely prevent the robbers from coming ashore. "

"Once any sneaky behavior is found, they will all be arrested and brought to justice." After

a day or two, Yuanzhou arrested hundreds of "sneaky" businessmen from Xuanyang and Yangzhou.

The matter was reported to Duan Shubai and Sun Zhixin.

"General, they have captured hundreds of innocent people from us and want us to exchange them with water bandits."

"The people in the city are very anxious."

Sun Zhixin sent someone to ask him, "General Duan, what should we do next?"

Duan Shubai sneered three times.

"This is their first move, so don't blame me for being rude."

"Get ready for the army. Tomorrow, I will personally go and get the man back."

Duan Shubai led three thousand elite soldiers from Yangzhou, plus The 4,000 Xuanzhou soldiers supported by Sun Taishou were united by Duan Shubai, and the troops were divided into two groups and went ashore by boat. In just two days, they captured four cities along the river in Yuanzhou, and captured 3,500 soldiers. Back in Yangzhou, Yangnan, Anhua, Anyi and other towns were all guarded by the Yangzhou coalition forces.

Duan Shubai's reason for sending troops was to protect the interests of the people of Yangzhou. "The prefect of Yuanzhou randomly arrested innocent people in Xuanyang and Xuanyang, causing panic among the people. In order to rescue the innocent people who were imprisoned, this general had no choice but to send troops."

Although what he said was high-sounding, his soldiers had indeed occupied the coastal border of Yuanzhou.

As soon as this matter came out, there was an uproar from all sides.

The imperial court is still on the top of the head, these three prefectures actually started to use force in private, it is really audacious, especially that Duan Shubai, who was sent to Yangzhou by the Holy One last year, who would have expected that he would be out of his mind this year Shui, you actually did such a ridiculous thing, yes, you are good at fighting, but no matter how good you are, can you beat the imperial power?

Centipedes are dead but not stiff.

The most incomprehensible thing is that Sun Taishou, who has always played tricks, also followed him to do such stupid things.

The surrounding Yunzhou, Dingzhou, and Jianzhou watched the show across the bank, waiting for the two dead people to be mobilized and attacked. No matter how the imperial power declines, once the order is issued, these two disobedient fleas can be taken down.

As a result, a few days later, the news came from the imperial court. The three prefectures of Jin, Xu, and Qing in the north gathered 200,000 troops, and then led 100,000 Wangxia soldiers to the south. . The rebellion in the north has been going on for a long time, the government is incompetent, and the eunuchs are domineering, the people's grievances have been accumulated for a long time, and the people in the north have no desire to resist. When the news of the military emergency comes back, the coalition forces are about to enter the capital. Under the circumstances, the little emperor Qi Huabin abandoned the capital and fled all the way to Rongzhou with the court officials. The wealthy families in the capital had already fled to the south with their families.

Boyang Hou's family followed the fugitives to the south.