Chapter 4 Quarrel

Duan Shubai listened to the tragedies in the world all afternoon. He had just traveled through time and met such a big corrupt official who made him want to deal with it quickly. He originally thought that Yangzhou was hit by disasters one after another, and corrupt officials had nowhere to go. , but I didn't expect that the more people live in such a difficult situation, the easier it is for these shady things to breed.

He asked people to record the crimes reported by the victims, together with the evidence, to record and verify them one by one.

"My lord, who are you?" Someone among the refugees asked, and everyone's eyes were on Duan Shubai.

Zhang Changle answered first: "Your Excellency is a hussar general appointed by the emperor. He is currently the prefect of Yangzhou. He just took up his post yesterday.

"

"

My lord must decide for us."

Everyone knelt on the ground, begging the savior who descended from the sky, and those longing eyes were deeply imprinted in Duan Shubai's mind, even after many years passed. , his memory is still fresh.

Duan Shubai's heart is complicated, he just feels that a heavy burden is on him, the people of Yangzhou are too miserable, now he has become the prefect here, he must lead them to live a prosperous and beautiful life.

He collected himself, and assured everyone in a calm tone: "Please rest assured, I will make that damned person pay the price he deserves."

His words were murderous, but it made the victims feel as if they had eaten one Like a reassurance, those who originally had no desire to survive now have the desire to live. They want to live, and they want to watch their enemies go to perish.

Duan Shubai asked people to take care of these sick victims. At this time, some family members of the victims came to visit them from the city. Duan Shubai asked people to make some simple masks and told them to be careful when they came into contact with the patients.

He asked people to cook ginger soup, boil water, and sterilize all the things used by the patients. He asked the cooks in the army to cook pots of millet porridge with salt and distribute them to the victims. A simple prescription for preventing diseases in the body, and he arranged for someone to cook the medicine, and let healthy people drink a bowl to prevent infection.

It wasn't until the sun went down that Duan Shubai settled everything and went back. He had just taken a hot bath and drank a bowl of medicine to get rid of bad luck, when someone rushed to find him.

It was Xiao Yu and Qiu Ran who was beside him. Qiu Ran was still wearing Tsing Yi, with his simple hair tied behind his head, his sleeves rolled up, and his expression was extremely anxious: "General, my son hasn't eaten all day, what should I do?" Ah."

Their young master got up in a bad mood this morning, and Qiu Ran died of anxiety.

Is this trying to make him a spinning top? Duan Shubai closed his eyes, and asked: "Why doesn't your young master eat?"

"Young master said he has no appetite..."

Others don't have to eat if they want to eat, and there is another one here who has no appetite. Duan Shubai pushed the door into the room, closed the door with a bang, and Qiu Ran was shut outside. He hesitated for a moment, but decided not to go in, and asked the general to coax the young master.

Xiao Yuhe was lying down on his box bed at this time, Duan Shubai saw that there were three or four cold dishes on the table, and a bowl rolled down on the floor, obviously knocked to the ground angrily. A ball of shiny white rice was just ruined on the ground.

He thought of those people who would be grateful to Dade for a bowl of rice soup...

Duan Shubai barely suppressed the anger surging in his heart, strode over and pulled up the curtain, Xiao Yuhe turned sideways, unable to see his front, Duan Shubai exhaled, "Sleeping?"

"No." Xiao Yuhe said angrily.

"Why don't you eat?"

"I don't want to eat these."

"Then what do you want to eat?"

"I want to eat golden shredded tofu, anchovy shark's fin, shredded pigeon eggs..."

Really ordered, shark's fin? Pigeon eggs? Duan Shubai stood aside with arms crossed, and said coldly: "There is nothing, just a few cold dishes on the table, and the ball of rice on the ground, pick them up and eat them."

"How can I eat those things?" Xiao Xiao Yuhe shouted loudly, he felt that Duan Shubai was insulting him, Xiao Yuhe said angrily: "Even if I feed my dog, it won't eat, how can people eat what the dog won't eat?"

Duan Shubai Also angry: "Hey dog? In my eyes, you are not as good as a wild dog on the side of the road."

"What did you say?" Xiao Yuhe threw a pillow at Duan Shubai.

Duan Shubai avoided the pillow, "What are you talking about? Do you know that there are people outside Yangcheng who can't afford a bowl of porridge or a steamed bun?"

Xiao Yuhe turned his back to him and said in a muffled voice, "That and What does it matter to me?"

He is the son of the Hou family, a born nobleman.

"Oh, what does it have to do with you." Duan Shubai sneered, and said sharply: "Xiao Yuhe, you really have such a look for nothing. You have a bright and beautiful appearance, but you are ugly and filthy inside. You don't have any sympathy at all." Don't you? In my eyes, you are the moth on the beam, the rat in the rice jar."

Duan Shubai's words were harsh, and the atmosphere in the room seemed to be frozen into ice.

?

Duan Shubai was a little puzzled when he didn't hear the sharp-toothed Xiao Yu and the sharp-tongued Xiao Yu talking back for a long time. He pressed the man's shoulder and turned his body around, and Xiao Yu and the pretty fox had two rivers of tears streaming down their eyes.

He actually cried, Duan Shubai's heart froze.

When someone saw him crying, Xiao Yuhe wiped away his tears in a hurry, but more and more tears were wiped away. His face was full of tears, and he was extremely embarrassed. When the matter came to an end, his mentality completely collapsed. Tears were falling down.

Even if it is Shuang'er, he has been the treasure of his parents since he was a child, and he is also the eldest son of Master Hou. From the capital city to Yangzhou, leaving mother suddenly, leaving the familiar capital city, and following Duan Shubai, who was just married but still very unfamiliar, came to Yangzhou all the way from the capital city to Yangzhou, it is impossible not to be afraid.

The night he slept in Yangcheng last night was desolate and frightening. He had never lived in such a poor and small house. When he woke up in the morning, there was a dingy mouse on the ground staring at him. In addition to rats, there is also a terrible gecko on the wall, which suddenly jumped on his shoulder and scared him half to death. Xiao Yuhe used to think that as a twin, the worst thing he could do was marry A family is a concubine, but until today, he knows that it can be so miserable.

It doesn't matter if it's poor food and lodging, but the husband still scolds him, bullies him, and tortures him.

The anger in Duan Shubai's heart was extinguished by his series of tears, especially crying so silently, it was pitiful to watch, he regretted that he had spoken too harshly just now, so he quickly hugged her in his arms and patted her Rubbing his back and comforting him, "Good boy, don't cry."

Who knew that after hearing his comfort, Xiao Yuhe's tears fell even harder, and even cried aloud.

"..." Nothing.

Duan Shubai, who has no experience in comforting others, had no choice but to let him cry, and then dryly said: "Don't cry.

" Kiss..." Xiao Yuhe cried aggrievedly, Duan Shubai looked at him pitifully and wiped his tears while talking, and wanted to laugh again in his heart, but he didn't laugh out loud.

Along the way, this golden Mr. Xiao maintained his appearance of aloof and noble Mr. Gao Linghua, speaking in a cold voice, and used to look at people with his chin. Now that the teardrops fell, he peeled off the haughty shell. A little poor taste.

After all, he is a young master who is well-clothed and ignorant of worldly affairs.

"I want to live in a big, bright house and eat delicious food... I want to live a life like that in the Hou's Mansion." Xiao Yuhe looked at him with blinking eyes and teary eyes.

He really can't stand rats, cockroaches, geckos, and broken beds with cobwebs, and he can't stand the musty smell of the house.

Duan Shubai originally wanted to reprimand him, to let this young man recognize the status quo, compared with the hungry people outside, it is good to have something to eat, and let him abandon the moth mentality of feudalism, but on second thought, he is now With this identity, he is not qualified to say that about him, after all, he is too... too scumbag.

In terms of identity, Xiao Yuhe is his husband who is married to the world. In other words, he is his daughter-in-law. Let the daughter-in-law who comes from a wealthy family recognize the reality and follow him to suffer. That's not a man either.

Duan Shubai once thought that if he had a daughter-in-law in the future, he would hold her in the palm of his hand and pamper her like a baby, trying to make her live the best life.

Xiao Yuhe originally had a small melon-seeded face, and a pair of big fox eyes. This type of eyes has the deepest outline and is the most attractive. At this time, his upturned eyelashes were wet with tears, making them look extremely black and bright. It seems to have painted natural eye makeup, which is deep and charming. No wonder foxes are the best at deceiving people. With just such a pair of eyes looking at you eagerly, it takes a hard-hearted person not to be moved.

Duan Shubai's heart softened, he patted him on the back, and said in a gentle voice: "Hey, please bear with me, I will let you live in a big house in the future, and ask the imperial chef to cook for you."

Xiao Yuhe pursed his lips, reluctantly listened to his reassurance, and his mood calmed down a little. He stared straight at Duan Shu's handsome white face, and added: "If there are no mice, no cockroaches."

"Okay, okay ." , if there is no mouse, even if there is a mouse, I will kill it for you, don't be afraid." Duan Shubai couldn't help laughing out loud, no wonder this young man is so abnormal today, maybe he was caught by a mouse or something scared.

Duan Shubai silently told the truth.

In fact, there is nothing wrong with Xiao Yuhe's thinking. He was really wronged. A good son of the Hou family, who grew up in brocade clothes, jade, food, gold and silver, followed him all the way to the poor Yangzhou, where he lived in such a shabby place. It is understandable that you cannot accept it for a while.

Xiao Yuhe buried himself on his chest for a while, then said in a low voice, "You scolded me, beat me up, and called me a moth and rat."

Duan Shubai clenched his fists and coughed, "I was the one who was out of breath when I spoke."

"You still said that I am not as good as the wild dogs on the roadside."

This young man's memory is quite good. Duan Shubai's hair is covered with black lines. He looked at the cobwebs in the corner, organized his words casually and said: "The wild dogs How can it compare to you, if you were a dog, it must be a white, snowy and cute little milk dog, someone could pick it up by the side of the road and pamper and raise it."

After saying this, he pinched himself Get sweaty, see what kind of nonsense he is talking about, compare people to dogs, don't let this little boy explode again.

However, I don't know if he didn't hear his words clearly, or because he suddenly realized that he was hugged by a man, or because he was ashamed of his pear blossom and rainy appearance, this "cold and proud" nobleman finally pushed Duan Shu away with a blushing face. Bai was silently appeased.

Duan Shubai let out a long breath of relief.